SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

Risico007 wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Bet that 'major spoiler' is definitely already out there.

Yeah couple of sites already posted it
    Judi Dench M cameo via video tape, asking Bond to kill Marco Sciarra and not miss his funeral

so
    when in god's name is the Fiennes M Era going to begin I mean seriously
    From the Video Blog, we already know he has
    several scenes
    , I don't see the problem.

mnhettia wrote: »
    i think they are desperate to create some buzz after the SW and BVsS teasers! i hope they come up with a more confident marketing plan. I have a feeling the next trailer will be loaded with action bits.

Let's hope you are right because last nights presentation in LV hardly seemed to blow away the exhibitors or the press, and Lord help us, this footage could appear again in the next trailer. The audience wants a red-meat Bond adventure with beautiful, sexy women, glorious locations and great action. But sadly while that footage does exist, Mendes keeps using critical promotion minutes to shovel a boring Harris and Moneypenny at us and promote Bond like it's a John LaCarre mystery. The killer spy/action film competition must be thrilled.

Au. Contraire, it makes sense to not show the best part just now.the fime for that will come
    With regards to spoilers? I think I can see a day where these sorts of events will be a thing of the past? As I cannot see the film companies putting up with leaks like this spoiling things for millions of people around the world, and that is without the whole piracy issue which has plagued the industry for years.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    smitty wrote: »
    i think they are desperate to create some buzz after the SW and BVsS teasers! i hope they come up with a more confident marketing plan. I have a feeling the next trailer will be loaded with action bits.

Let's hope you are right because last nights presentation in LV hardly seemed to blow away the exhibitors or the press, and Lord help us, this footage could appear again in the next trailer. The audience wants a red-meat Bond adventure with beautiful, sexy women, glorious locations and great action. But sadly while that footage does exist, Mendes keeps using critical promotion minutes to shovel a boring Harris and Moneypenny at us and promote Bond like it's a John LaCarre mystery. The killer spy/action film competition must be thrilled.

Have some faith. EON has this figured out.

For one, I am glad they didn't go all action crazy in the teaser. Characters and plot should com before action, action scenes are the results of characters decisions and the plot. Both the novels and the early movies were fairly low on action, by the way.

But anyway, the teaser did what it needed to do: give us a peak of what was at stake, what threat Bond was facing.
    But WE are not the general audience. And WE will not make SP a hit. Only the non Bond fanatics can make SP another very big hit, and in particular the younger audiences and the growing non-English speaking audiences that want action, Bond girls and great locations. They are not getting that in these trailers. The drama stuff appeals to us long time Bond fans because we know all the tiny details and can add to the dialogue with all kinds of background awareness, but the general audience cannot do that. They want an entertaining film with thrills and spills.

Yeah, I know "they" know what they are doing, but they also supposedly knew what they were doing when they let Logan drive the script into the ground for a year while they held back to the very last minute before finally scrambling desperately to fix the thing. It's a crazy business and I just think their approach to these trailers, emphasizing only drama, and worse, lots of MP, is just questionable at best.
    Well, actually, we ARE part of the general audience. A trailer is a trailer is a trailer, not the whole movie. And it is a teaser trailer. It is meant to tease.
    Trailers are very important as they turn people on or off a film. And us Bond fans are a very, very tiny % of the huge general audience they need to make this film a hit. I've beaten "this" puppy to death, so in final, I just think after a teaser and the major LV event last night, and possibly more of the same footage in another trailer, they are wrong footing it.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 14,797
    Yes they are important. And my point is: this one IMO delivered. I would not be presumptuous and speak about the general public, what it wants and what it feels.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Well, actually, we ARE part of the general audience. A trailer is a trailer is a trailer, not the whole movie. And it is a teaser trailer. It is meant to tease.

YES! That is what I love about DN and FRWL (two of my favorites), they are low-key (little action) action stories that focus on the character, just like the books. GF annoys me because it is heralded as the best but truthfully damaged what made a Bond film great. Suddenly, girls and action and spectacle and fun were at the forefront and Bond as a actually character was sitting in a cell. That was why Connery left the role, lack of character development. I actually find that the films tend to do better when they deliberately don't follow the Goldfinger formula, like OHMSS, CR etc. I would love to see a return to the tone and pace of those first two films, this makes me excited for spectre even more. My only quarm is that I hope Mendes doesn't focus on the past, family, childhood, symbolism, etc I just want a straight Bond adventure!! Anyway, the more I think about it, you are right!! this trailer says a lot about the tone and focus of film and it has me brimming!!! well done :D
    JCRendle wrote: »

Judi Dench M cameo via video tape, asking Bond to kill Marco Sciarra and not miss his funeral

so
    several scenes
    Considering that the mission is because of Dench's M not fiennes it does take something away. Imagine if Goldeneye's mission was given by Robert Brown NOT Judi Dench
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    JCRendle wrote: »

so
    several scenes
    Considering that the mission is because of Dench's M not fiennes it does take something away. Imagine if Goldeneye's mission was given by Robert Brown NOT Judi Dench
    It's not this. Only part of the mission, only a hint. and Fiennes plays a very big role in this film
    Trailers are very important as they turn people on or off a film. And us Bond fans are a very, very tiny % of the huge general audience they need to make this film a hit. I've beaten "this" puppy to death, so in final, I just think after a teaser and the major LV event last night, and possibly more of the same footage in another trailer, they are wrong footing it.

The Las Vegas event is for theater exhibitors. It has absolutely nothing to do with the general audience.
    There was plenty of press, entertainment bloggers etc all writing about it. They help create the buzz. The press has everything to do with hyping a film.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 2,593

I love what they're doing not showing the usual action and promoting the film like it's a mystery. Good to have some originality for once in the Bond universe. As for the action, of course it'll be shown in another trailer! It's called building things up. Only a section of the general audience, that being the teenyboppers and action junkies would be pulling their hair out over this. Anyway, a section of action was shown at comic con.

I probably shouldn't have read about what they showed at comic con but it sounded pretty cool and Flemingsque to me. I hope they won't remove these scenes for the final cut in favour of just the usual action. I have to say though that I just don't like Harris as Penny. Mendes has done well with the casting but I find Harris to be very lacklustre. I just don't think she can act very well. The guy playing Tanner can act alright but this Tanner is as boring as hell. Kitchen, the guy who played Tanner in GE, TND and TWINE was fantastic and much more like the man in the books.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I think Harris is a good Moneypenny. She's done more in 2 films than any MP actress has done in their respective entire runs. The character's role has expanded and for me there in lies the slight concern but with so much of everything else going on in SP her screen time isn't going to be substantial. Harris is a very good and more than capable actress.
    Ludovico wrote: »

YES! That is what I love about DN and FRWL (two of my favorites), they are low-key (little action) action stories that focus on the character, just like the books. GF annoys me because it is heralded as the best but truthfully damaged what made a Bond film great. Suddenly, girls and action and spectacle and fun were at the forefront and Bond as a actually character was sitting in a cell. That was why Connery left the role, lack of character development. I actually find that the films tend to do better when they deliberately don't follow the Goldfinger formula, like OHMSS, CR etc. I would love to see a return to the tone and pace of those first two films, this makes me excited for spectre even more. My only quarm is that I hope Mendes doesn't focus on the past, family, childhood, symbolism, etc I just want a straight Bond adventure!! Anyway, the more I think about it, you are right!! this trailer says a lot about the tone and focus of film and it has me brimming!!! well done :D

People often forget that Bond movies are first spy movies before being action movies. Which means investigations and quieter moments.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 28
    I agree @Mendes4Lyfe and @Ludovico :)

My favourite bond film was always FRWL for those exact reasons.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Trailer Update:

Projectionlist.com that has been reliable in the past months - how long I have been following the site.

They're projecting the Full Trailer for August 14th (Friday) that is with The Man from U.N.C.L.E, a film from Warner Bros. Pictures and Columbia Pictures. This makes sense to me.

I still think that we will se a full action packed teaser trailer before August, I'm thinking the same time as we saw the first Skyfall teaser trailer - end of May - Tomorrowland comes out late May also. I think that teaser tailer will include that montage they played at CinemaCon.

Let me hear your thoughts. It's a lot quiet at Production timeline in the last few weeks.
    Projection List's guess is as good as ours btw.

Yeah end of May (Tomorrowland and also Sony's own Aloha) sounds fair for a second teaser. Then main trailer at the end of July with Mission Impossible?

Also Man from UNCLE is just Warner Bros
    PLEASE!

I have been trawling the net for weeks trying to find high-def 1080p screencaps from the trailer with no luck. Does anyone know where I can get some of the entire trailer and not just the odd image?
    PLEASE!

I have been trawling the net for weeks trying to find high-def 1080p screencaps from the trailer with no luck. Does anyone know where I can get some of the entire trailer and not just the odd image?

It's in this thread. I'd check the first few pages after page 16. Someone has a HD download.
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Trailer Update:

Projectionlist.com that has been reliable in the past months - how long I have been following the site.

They're projecting the Full Trailer for August 14th (Friday) that is with The Man from U.N.C.L.E, a film from Warner Bros. Pictures and Columbia Pictures. This makes sense to me.

I still think that we will se a full action packed teaser trailer before August, I'm thinking the same time as we saw the first Skyfall teaser trailer - end of May - Tomorrowland comes out late May also. I think that teaser tailer will include that montage they played at CinemaCon.

Let me hear your thoughts. It's a lot quiet at Production timeline in the last few weeks.

It's a ghost town over there!
    There was plenty of press, entertainment bloggers etc all writing about it. They help create the buzz. The press has everything to do with hyping a film.
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Trailer Update:

UNCLE is nothing to with Sony or Columbia. Sony's Pixels is opening July 24, that's going to play big to a wide audience. Whether its "compatible" with a Bond trailer is debatable, but its Sony's biggest movie until Spectre. And they can also generally release the trailer at that time so it can play with Mission impossible, win win.

There going to release a trailer in May or July.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    There going to release a trailer in May or July.

Or June or August?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2015 Posts: 10,586
    My guess:

There will be a second teaser trailer, released on Friday, May 29th, and will be attached to Sony's Aloha.

The theatrical trailer could either be released on Friday, June 12th, and attach to Universal's Jurassic World, or on Friday, June 26th, and will be attached to Ted 2 (also from universal, and expected to make big money)

The final trailer, released on September 18th, will attach to The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials, from 20th Century Fox.
    MI & Terminator will likely have Spectre attached.
    I don't think the studio makes a difference. The SPECTRE teaser was first shown with Fast and Furious 7, which is a Universal Studios movie.