Will there be too much humour?

2»

Comments

@RC7 - Well said.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Humour is the hardest of all to do on film. Few master the craft.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Agreed, hence the old quote about Drama is easy, Comedy is hard ! :)
    I read somewhere that they originally included humour to offset the violence - which was quite extreme for the standards of the day, especially for a 'family' audience
  • Great post from @RC7. In my opinion the humour in CR suited DC and his portrayal of Bond better than the humour in SF.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    shaigh1991 wrote: »
    Great post from @RC7. In my opinion the humour in CR suited DC and his portrayal of Bond better than the humour in SF.

Yes, true and agreed.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2015 Posts: 23,883
    suavejmf wrote: »
    shaigh1991 wrote: »
    Great post from @RC7. In my opinion the humour in CR suited DC and his portrayal of Bond better than the humour in SF.

Yes, true and agreed.

Agreed. Very good post.

The best humour in SF for me also were the opening scenes with MP in the jeep, the Q introduction, the psych evaluation (brilliant), and the later scenes with MP. In all cases, there were no real one liners per se, but integrated mocking humour which does suit Craig's delivery best. He seems almost ashamed when delivering the cringe worthy zingers ("Circle of Life" was a real stinker imo).
    That's the problem with humour, it's a personal thing and what some will
    Hate, others will love. So given how hard it is for the film makers to get the
    Balance right. I have to say I think they've done a great job. :)
  • Some great posts and responses again :)
    I think looking back I got the title of the discussion wrong; it shouldn't of been "will there be too much humour", it should of been "will they get the right type of humour" maybe.

Absolutely @DrGorner, it is all down to a matter of opinion, and what I like in the bond films, other people might not like so much.

I agree I think they have done a great job. I just wouldn't want his humour to get much further away than what I think it should be. You know, if he plays a darker, grittier, edgy bond; I wouldn't want his humour to be like RM or PB, as I feel it wouldn't suit him, and vice a versa, if RM had done a different sort of humour maybe it wouldn't of suited him.
    Absolutely @shaigh1991 . so far each actor has ( in my opinion) found their
    Comedy level. ;)