Who is the Main Bond girl?

edited November 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 9,766
I know it seems like a dumb question but a couple of sites are promoting Bernice Marhole as the main bond girl yet on here people feel it will be Naomi Harris? any ideas?

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I have no idea :-? Good question
    It might not mean anything, but in the pics with all 4, its Berenice / Javier and Daniel / Naomi. By accident?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    We don't know but I would bet it's Harris with Marhole as Bardem's girlfriend.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I think Naomi is going to be the sacrificial lamb, like Fields perhaps, with Bérénice the ultimate love interest for Bond. But that's just a thought, nothing more.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2011 Posts: 15,690
    I think Naomi is going to be the sacrificial lamb, like Fields perhaps, with Bérénice the ultimate love interest for Bond. But that's just a thought, nothing more.
    What reassures me is that Harris made stunt training... So I hope she gets more than 2 minutes of screentime that Arterton had ! The downside is, I hope we don't get another female Bond, a-la Jinx and Wai Lin.
  • I believe Marlohe's going to be the main Bond girl. Maybe it doesn't mean anything,
    but she was introduced as the first of the cast members
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The downside is, I hope we don't get another female Bond, a-la Jinx and Wai Lin.
    One of my major fears. Fellow agents, mi6 or foreign services, usually tend to bring about that same old "I'm Bond's equal" crap. I sincerely hope they won't spoil the fun with that this time. This might also be my most powerful incentive for wishing that Eve doesn't survive the film unscathed, leaving the more exotic (i.e. non-British/American) character to be the lead girl.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I would like to see Harris as a double-oh. Marlohe seems closer to Bond girl material.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The downside is, I hope we don't get another female Bond, a-la Jinx and Wai Lin.
    One of my major fears. Fellow agents, mi6 or foreign services, usually tend to bring about that same old "I'm Bond's equal" crap. I sincerely hope they won't spoil the fun with that this time. This might also be my most powerful incentive for wishing that Eve doesn't survive the film unscathed, leaving the more exotic (i.e. non-British/American) character to be the lead girl.

I see it as the opposite. It's a chance to do this right and somehow I think Skyfall will. We'll find out next year.
    From what she said, Marlowe will do no action. She just barely remembered, she learned to shoot a revolver..sure Vesper didn't do any action either, so who knows...Eva didn't, Olga did, so maybe its time for the didn't again...
    harris is the main bond you can put a pretty money penny down on that!

she is tiny tho :P
    I'd guess Marlohe as the lead Bond girl. She might be damsel in distress ala Domino, rescued from evil villain. She was introduced first at the news conference, ahead of Harris. I think that is significant.
  • db7db7
    Depends on what you mean by "main Bond girl" doesn't it? Main squeeeze or main helper/fellow agent....I vote for the one with the biggest rack! I think we know who wins in that department.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    The media over here today have been saying that Naomie Harris's Eve will in fact be revealed as Moneypenny - this initially from The Fail's Baz Bamigboye. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he's right. Like or hate The Fail (I'm certainly in the latter camp on that one), he has a good record when it comes to exclusives on Bond productions.

Whether that makes Harris the main Bond Girl, who knows, but it would surely ensure she wouldn't be the traditional sacrificial lamb if she weren't...
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think the main Bond girl will be Berenice. I would not consider Moneypenny the main "Bond girl" role. IF Eve is Moneypenny even. Fellow agent, yeah. But main Bond Girl I think is Berenice.
    I don't know. I doubt that Harris would be Moneypenny since she has received weapon training. so enough of that discussion.
    I think EON is going back to the Brosnan days of Bond always having two women. One good, one bad. (Exception being TND)
    I just hope this is the only staple they retain from the Brosnan days. (no more implaussible escapes, no invisible cars, no actresses who can't act and have no chemistry with Bond actor, and no more cheesy dialogue) /:)
  • I guessing I'm not really fussed who it turns out to be so long as they stay clear , and I mean in terms of Neptune distance, away from any Halle Berrys or Denise Richards etc. All will become clear in due course
    Risico007 wrote:
    I know it seems like a dumb question but a couple of sites are promoting Bernice Marhole as the main bond girl yet on here people feel it will be Naomi Harris? any ideas?
    It hasn't been confirmed by EON yet.