SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

I'm sorry for the little spam but my internet is really bad so...

Someone noticed a type in "responsibilites"

http://i.imgur.com/NwkzdHG.jpg
  • RC7 wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I love that "It's been a long time…" bit. Story-wise it has to be referring to BOnd's relationship with Oberhauser, but towards the fans (with that shadowed face) it's clearly meant to be "After 44 years, SPECTRE returns".

But I couldn't catch Oberhauser's exact last sentence! It was something like: "And finally....we're...real" ??

'It's been a long time and finally, here we are.'

+1
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @RC7, I believe they mean a four-letter vulgar word that starts with a 'c' and ends with a 't'.

If you're watching the English version it sounds like 'Kite' and nothing else.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Why did it sound like I heard Christmas undertones in that music?

I think you're referring to the Bond theme done with chimes...which I found cool and creepy at the same time.

• edited March 2015 Posts: 1,661
    Anyone notice the er... unfortunate delivery of the line "you're a kite..."

Sounds a bit like a rude word. :))
  • By the way, very good teaser, but I was expecting some action ...
    Thought I'd point out the Russian version has OCTOBER at the end
    In all my life as a Bond fan, I've never got presented such a wunderful teaser trailer. I always found the teasers from CR, QOS and SF rather interchangeable. Style-wise.

But this teaser trailer for "SPECTRE" really adds something new. A scary, eerie, almost horror-esque atmosphere, that breathes "death" almost every second. The cinematography, the aerial shots of Altaussee and London, when the night is almost falling, the crows (obviously typical Sam Mendes), the funeral gathering in Rome, and then that almost Kubrick-esque, eerie and mysterious meeting. Obviously the bell-music adds to that as well, but I'm still re-watching this addictive piece of shit :D !!
    I read a number of comments elsewhere stating they heard c**t as well, but I heard nothing of the sort. Perhaps because it is so seldom used in the U.S.

Its the context "You are a "... you are not expecting him to call him a kite. So the brain looks for another word and the pause lets you think he has said something else for a fraction of a second before "dancing in a hurricane comes" and enables you to work out that the word is kite.

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    holy balls what a teaser...

i've been waiting the past 2 days for this thing to drop, and all i can say is wow... let me break down some of my initial thoughts...

- so nice to see Bond's flat... did anyone catch M's Bulldog statue on the coffee table when Bond is sitting on his couch? :)

- the photo of Bond and Oberhauser.. me just being picky, but they could've probably done a better photoshop job with the faces.

- love the wide shots of snowy Austria..

- "I always knew death would wear a familiar face, but not your's." .... welcome back Mr. White :)

- shot of Bond at a funeral... absolutely stunning to look at - love the blocking in the scene and the big cross in the background.

- Bond walking behind people in a big meeting... those of who read the leaked script - how fantastic and even creepier would that scene look if they kept the black masks that everyone was supposed to wear??

- "You're a kite dancing in a hurricane Mr. Bond." - it's only the teaser trailer, but I am already nominating this as the possible best line of the movie.

- James Bond theme done with a bell??... love it.

- and that brings up to Waltz's introduction... absolutely stunning cinematography... love that they keep him in the shadows - very old school Blofeld-esque, reminds me a bit like TB... but man, does he have a way to take such simple dialog and give it gravitas..

when I go see Furious 7 next week, I hope this is before the film, really want to see this trailer with a theater crowd and see their reactions..
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 11,119
    In all my life as a Bond fan, I've never got presented such a wunderful teaser trailer. I always found the teasers from CR, QOS and SF rather interchangeable. Style-wise.

But this teaser trailer for "SPECTRE" really adds something new. A scary, eerie, almost horror-esque atmosphere, that breathes "death" almost every second. The cinematography, the aerial shots of Altaussee and London, when the night is almost falling, the crows (obviously typical Sam Mendes), the funeral gathering in Rome, and then that almost Kubrick-esque ("Eyes Wide Shut"??), eerie and mysterious meeting. Obviously the bell-music adds to that as well, but I'm still re-watching this addictive piece of shit :D !!
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 4,599
    delete
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 2,015
    In all the fuss about the release dates, there's the fact that the French teaser boasts "11 Novembre" (which is a holiday). If the UK date is 23rd of October, I may take some train...
    This first Teaser Trailer for me is excellent and especially for us, the fans. It has some details that only we can observe.

Clearly there is a relationship with "Skyfall", but I think it is not continuity type like a sequel. What Miss. Moneypenny gives to James Bond apparently are some documents that survived the explosion and destruction of Skyfall Lounge. And for me that is the only connection to the previous film.

In these documents we see a picture of a man with two childrens. I assume that is the young James Bond with his skie instructor Hannes Oberhauser and his son Franz Oberhauser.

This trailer shows little, but tell us a lot. And only see on screen Miss. Moneypenny, James Bond, Lucia Sciarra, Mr. White and the silhouette of Franz Oberhauser (or Ernst Stavro Blofeld).
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Who was the woman in the black veil at the funeral?
    it was Monica Bellucci

• RC7RC7
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,512
    patb wrote: »
    I read a number of comments elsewhere stating they heard c**t as well, but I heard nothing of the sort. Perhaps because it is so seldom used in the U.S.

Its the context "You are a "... you are not expecting him to call him a kite. So the brain looks for another word and the pause lets you think he has said something else for a fraction of a second before "dancing in a hurricane comes" and enables you to work out that the word is kite.

He just says 'kite'. It's like someone implying 'You're a shoe', sounds like 'You're a shit', because they start with the same letter. Kite and C**t are not in any way similar.
    HASEROT wrote: »
    holy balls what a teaser...

i've been waiting the past 2 days for this thing to drop, and all i can say is wow... let me break down some of my initial thoughts...

- so nice to see Bond's flat... did anyone catch M's Bulldog statue on the coffee table when Bond is sitting on his couch? :)

- the photo of Bond and Oberhauser.. me just being picky, but they could've probably done a better photoshop job with the faces.

- love the wide shots of snowy Austria..

- "I always knew death would wear a familiar face, but not your's." .... welcome back Mr. White :)

- shot of Bond at a funeral... absolutely stunning to look at - love the blocking in the scene and the big cross in the background.

- Bond walking behind people in a big meeting... those of who read the leaked script - how fantastic and even creepier would that scene look if they kept the black masks that everyone was supposed to wear??

- "You're a kite dancing in a hurricane Mr. Bond." - it's only the teaser trailer, but I am already nominating this as the possible best line of the movie.

- James Bond theme done with a bell??... love it.

- and that brings up to Waltz's introduction... absolutely stunning cinematography... love that they keep him in the shadows - very old school Blofeld-esque, reminds me a bit like TB... but man, does he have a way to take such simple dialog and give it gravitas..

when I go see Furious 7 next week, I hope this is before the film, really want to see this trailer with a theater crowd and see their reactions..

By the way, was that Mr Fukutu in front of 007 at the S.P.E.C.T.R.E.-meeting???
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,661
    It sounds so much like c***. I think it's a classic bit of unintentional humor. Oh well! :D
    Did anyone recognise the face of the adult in the old photo. That is a big reveal, I think. And it isn't Mr Waltz as far as I can see. He is too young for that to be him, assuming the boy is JB
  • RC7RC7
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    It sounds so much like c***. I think it's a classic bit of unintentional humor. Oh well! :D

It sounds nothing like it. I think everyone's gone a bit mental with the trailer release. Cold showers people. He says Kite.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 709
    By the way, was that Mr Fukutu in front of 007 at the S.P.E.C.T.R.E.-meeting???

Hahaha that would be funny as hell if Mr.Fukutu randomly came back as a SPECTRE operative. It does indeed appear to be an Asian man with a grey ponytail so...anything's possible I guess, maybe a random easter egg for hardcore fans?

I was looking for Mr.Hinx at the meeting but didn't spot him...

Anyone notice the er... unfortunate delivery of the line "you're a kite..."

Sounds a bit like a rude word. :))

Nothing unfortunate about the delivery to my ears. *shrug*
    He clearly says "kite".

I guess people's brains work differently then. And their ears...
    Or minds.
    My brain wasn't guessing words in advance, I just accepted what I heard the guy say.
    I heard it as "kite" the first time and after several re-listens still do, and can't really hear anything other than "kite" even after some say they hear something else and I'm trying to imagine it there. I thought every line in the teaser was delivered very clearly, anyway. But then, I'm not a native speaker, what do I know.

• RC7RC7
    Seems obvious, but anyone else find it conclusive that the Oberhauser line is from later in the movie? He ain't welcoming James to a SPECTRE meeting. Looking forward to the actual scene where they meet face to face.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Theojw71 wrote: »
    Did anyone recognise the face of the adult in the old photo. That is a big reveal, I think. And it isn't Mr Waltz as far as I can see. He is too young for that to be him, assuming the boy is JB

Just speculating:
    I imagine the man is Hans Oberhauser. Bond is likely the child on the left and perhaps the faceless person on the right is Waltz's character, Franz Oberhauser. Possibly the son of Hans.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    RC7 wrote: »

It sounds nothing like it. I think everyone's gone a bit mental with the trailer release. Cold showers people. He says Kite.

Lol, to you it sounds nothing like it; but let me tell you around the world it sounded like that to a LOT of people. Yes he says kite; that is not being debated. But let me ask you this RC7, have you never listened to a song and heard the wrong lyrics? When you did, did that make you "mental" Perhaps you need that cold shower :P

Loved it! You are a kite dancing in a hurricane Mr Bond
    I think you can assume that almost anything not shown in sync with an actors lips is from elsewhere in the movie.

He just says 'kite'. It's like someone implying 'You're a shoe', sounds like 'You're a shit', because they start with the same letter. Kite and C**t are not in any way similar.

Exactly. Thank you.

Posting seems to be sloooooow.
    And I haven't slept in about 34 hours. Better go to bed.

• RC7 wrote: »
    Seems obvious, but anyone else find it conclusive that the Oberhauser line is from later in the movie? He ain't welcoming James to a SPECTRE meeting. Looking forward to the actual scene where they meet face to face.

Don't bait those of us who read the leaks, RC7. We can answer this and much more.. Now we have official lines to compare to leaked lines, and we start to know how much we know ! :)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited March 2015 Posts: 4,554

Again, it's about the delivery and context of that line. That C word has been delivered the same way in many films, such as Trainspotting and In Bruges. So if you've heard that delivery before, you're picking up on it, and then your brain is reworking to kite. The fact that a lot of us first heard that should be sufficient evidence that there was a context.