SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Zekidk wrote: »
    Marco Sciarra -
    bad guy and member of SPECTRE
    1179142.jpg

He's surprisingly older than I expected, for some reason. I didn't think Lucia was gonna have a toy-boy haha, but it's nice to see another "aged" villain. Gotta love the white suit. I also think this pre-title sequence is gonna be visually beautiful as I'm sure the rest of the film is.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    :D

So that's scene 1. This is one of the first shots we'll see of SPECTRE.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited March 2015 Posts: 560
  • RC7RC7
    I know people are immediately comparing this to LALD, for obvious reasons. The LALD aesthetic is so strong and completely unforgettable, but I think this is more than paying homage, if it is at all. One of the cornerstones of the Bond oeuvre is 'death', it's ever present. This absolutely taps into that in a unique and visually stunning way. I'm almost surprised they've never thought to use it before. If the rumour is indeed true that the Mexican authorities suggested the use of the festival, then fair play to them. If they nail it, this could really sit alongside some of the most indelible moments of the series.
    chipsticks wrote: »
    Denis Khoroshko as Palazzo Russian Boss and I was looking for pictures of this guy and found this

B-X-rxqCcAALHVE.jpg:large

Новое кино translated as "new movie"

S5VO4CeWfpY.jpg

Added 14 March 2015

40Cl4pL1Nt8.jpg
    Added 14 March 2015

https://vk.com/dennistherussian

https://twitter.com/khoroshko

http://www.007travelers.blogspot.fi/2015/02/new-actors-denis-khoroshko-alessandro.html

Another bald/balding head. Another red herring for Blofeld? Another nod to the novel MR?
    RC7 wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Marco Sciarra -
    1179142.jpg

He's shaping up to be a memorable looking foe. I always thought Patrice was pretty forgettable, but this guy looks the business.

I'm scared of him. He looks like frikkin' Dracula.

More specifically, like Christopher Lee.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Marco Sciarra -
    1179142.jpg

He's shaping up to be a memorable looking foe. I always thought Patrice was pretty forgettable, but this guy looks the business.

I'm scared of him. He looks like frikkin' Dracula.

More specifically, like Christopher Lee.
    I knew he looked familiar!
    I know people are immediately comparing this to LALD, for obvious reasons. The LALD aesthetic is so strong and completely unforgettable, but I think this is more than paying homage, if it is at all. One of the cornerstones of the Bond oeuvre is 'death', it's ever present. This absolutely taps into that in a unique and visually stunning way. I'm almost surprised they've never thought to use it before. If the rumour is indeed true that the Mexican authorities suggested the use of the festival, then fair play to them. If they nail it, this could really sit alongside some of the most indelible moments of the series.

Absolutely, one can think of the PTS of "Thunderball" in which we see a true catholic wake in fron of Jacques Bouvar's coffin. Or what to think of Bond being almost cremated in his own coffin in "Diamonds Are Forever". Or what about Bond's parents, their tombstone, in "Skyfall".

Fully agree, "death" is quite a nice theme that is ever present in the entire Bond canon.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Clapperboard from Mexico:

CApJ_H0W8AAEsAT.jpg
    Maybe this is the puppet we see the gunbarrel emerge from?
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    I have been in touch with a very reliable source that works at Sony.

The source has just informed me that the trailer might not be released on the 27th and that Sony is having negotiations with MGM and EON whether to release it on the 27th or the 28th.

I would like to apologise to everyone if I got them to hyped up about the 27th of March release at 10am GMT.

I guess we just have to wait and see.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    27th or 28th no problem. It's quite the same. Keep us posted and You have nothing to apologise for :)>-
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    Aaron819 Bond fans will wait :-bd
    CAplm0BUcAA1irE.jpg:large
    Thanks Aaron. Atleast it is coming Fri or Sat!
    Clapperboard from Mexico:

CApJ_H0W8AAEsAT.jpg
    Maybe this is the puppet we see the gunbarrel emerge from?

That puppet is looking at you and wants to say: "I'll be BACK" :-P. Could be the Arnie Schwarzenegger version :-P.
    edited March 2015 Posts: 1,208
    Daniel on Set

Consider the image a spoiler
    CAp1AGUWUAAvu9P.jpg
    edited March 2015 Posts: 560
    There is no doubt this will be the biggest and most colorful Bond film yet of the Craig era. All I'm hoping is that it will have a long runtime and that the film won't feel rushed.
    There is no doubt this will be the biggest and most colorful Bond film yet of the Craig era. All I'm hoping is that it will have a long runtime and that the film won't feel rushed.
    Let's do some runtime estimation, shall we?
    Not really any spoilers, however I'd keep away if you don't want to know when the locations are placed throughout the film.
    PTS- 10 min.

London Scenes- 25 min.

Rome- 25 min.

Austria- 25 min.

Morocco- 10 min.

London- 30 min.

So based on this very rough estimate, probably around 2hr 5m.

edited March 2015 Posts: 1,208
    New photo of Daniel on set
    11078446_1411940075782249_1139744802_n.jpg
    hthomas20 wrote: »

@hthomas20

Should be OK now, I have edited the post. Sorry. :)
    Another picture of Daniel on set

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAp8BWHUMAEOeSp.jpg

just remove everything after .jpg and it works just fine

• edited March 2015 Posts: 4,619
    jake24 wrote: »
    Not really any spoilers, however I'd keep away if you don't want to know when the locations are placed throughout the film.
    PTS- 10 min.

London Scenes- 25 min.

Rome- 25 min.

Austria- 25 min.

Morocco- 10 min.

London- 30 min.

I doubt this will be shorter than 2 hours 15 minutes, and I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be the longest Bond film yet.
    PTS - at least 10 minutes
    London - at least 20 minutes
    Rome - around 25 minutes
    Austria - around 25 minutes
    Morocco - much longer than 10 minutes. I would say at least 25 minutes.
    London - around 25 minutes.

Total: 130 minutes the very least. A runtime of 150 minutes+ wouldn't surprise me at all.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 270

@hthomas20

Should be OK now, I have edited the post. Sorry. :)

Thanks!
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,588
    PTS- 10 min.

London Scenes- 25 min.

Rome- 25 min.

Austria- 25 min.

Morocco- 10 min.

London- 30 min.

I doubt this will be shorter than 2 hours 15 minutes, and I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be the longest Bond film yet.
    Rome - around 25 minutes

Total: 130 minutes the very least. A runtime of 150 minutes+ wouldn't surprise me at all.
    Wow! I'm actually surprised. I'm all for a long Bond movie. These films should be at least 2h 5m long, IMO.
    PTS- 10 min.

London Scenes- 25 min.

Rome- 25 min.

Austria- 25 min.

Morocco- 10 min.

London- 30 min.

Rome - around 25 minutes

Wow! I'm actually surprised. I'm all for a long Bond movie. These films should be at least 2h 5m long, IMO.

Spectre will have a running time of a minimum of 2h 20min
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    Great to see some new locations. I somehow envisioned the Mexico parts would take place at dusk/night, but looks like it will be during the day.