Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• edited February 2015 Posts: 1,405
    I remember in the 70's there was a Star Trek marathon on CTV (Canadian Broadcasting Company). During the marathon, there was a telephone pool asking which was the favorite character of the audience. Don't forget William Shatner is Canadian.

Well, Spock won, hands down.

This shows you how much of an impact Leonard Nimoy had on the public.

Thank you M. Nimoy for tons of good memories.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2015 Posts: 17,810
    Interestingly, Mr Spock was the only character to survive from the pilot episode of Star Trek, 'The Cage' (1964). Tells you something regarding Leonard Nimoy's screen presence and great acting ability I think.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Some classic Leonard Nimoy Moments. :)

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @Murdock, thanks.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    "By true I mean false." So true...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wasn't sure if this is where I should put this, but on Friday evening, I lost my father due to cancer. He had been getting worse and worse these past few months, and apparently the hospice prediction of him only having six months left (diagnosed about two weeks ago) was way off.

I don't know what to say or how to feel right now. I'm at an absolute loss. Rest in Peace, Dad. You were the greatest man I've ever met in my life, and an incredibly wonderful father who I'll never stop loving. I'm just a wreck, may not be around that much. Hell, I suppose I haven't been lately - school and Dad's recent lack of progress have kept me away - but I figured a few of you would be able to share in how I've been feeling. Attempted to post this sooner, but it wouldn't go through, and I haven't been overly into the thought of returning to post it. My heart has hurt too much and I'm at an utter loss of any interest in doing anything, really. Been hard to eat, harder to sleep, and I'm just ready to grieve properly after his celebration of life this week and start to get better. Missing him so much. I love you, Dad.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So sorry to hear about your dad @Creasy47, my condolences and sympathies go out to you. I hope you have a speeding recovery.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I am so sorry for your loss @Creasy47 this is always a horrible time. Please know there will be plenty of people thinking of you, and who care.
    Be sure to PM if you need a chat. And just ask if you need anything.
    Thoughts with you and your family my friend.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm very sorry for your loss @Creasy47. My prayers go out to you and your family. I'm always here for you if you need someone to talk to.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2015 Posts: 28,694
    I am unbelievably sorry for you, @Creasy. We've talked about your father previously, and I was hoping his state would improve. I'm just lost for words and don't really know what to say, other than that we are all here for you and just a PM away should you need anything. Our love and thoughts go out to you and your family. May your dad rest in peace.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQS9IgpOJ1Oh93Hu3NBMmR9fO-tuMOWRLsw1bnuxdZS9DbgoXeG7Op-GY0
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Our thoughts are with you @Creasy47. Completely understand how you might need some time away from mi6, but know you have people here thinking about you and here for you whenever you need a few minutes to take your mind off things.
    My condolences to you, @Creasy47. I can't even imagine how hard it must be for you; know you are in my thoughts and have my full support. God bless.
    I'm sorry to hear about your dad too @Creasy47. You have my sympathies. Be kind to yourself and take your time.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Creasy my heartfelt sympathies upon the loss of your father
    Never forget he gave you the greatest gift that any person can give another
    He believed in you
    Yes it hurts and it will do for a long time but it will get better in time until then take care of you and yours
    Reguards Coggins.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss, @Creasy47. My condolences to you and your faamily.
  • RC7RC7
    Condolences Creasy. Take care.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Condolences at this time.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited March 2015 Posts: 2,138
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Wasn't sure if this is where I should put this, but on Friday evening, I lost my father due to cancer. He had been getting worse and worse these past few months, and apparently the hospice prediction of him only having six months left (diagnosed about two weeks ago) was way off.

I don't know what to say or how to feel right now. I'm at an absolute loss. Rest in Peace, Dad. You were the greatest man I've ever met in my life, and an incredibly wonderful father who I'll never stop loving. I'm just a wreck, may not be around that much. Hell, I suppose I haven't been lately - school and Dad's recent lack of progress have kept me away - but I figured a few of you would be able to share in how I've been feeling. Attempted to post this sooner, but it wouldn't go through, and I haven't been overly into the thought of returning to post it. My heart has hurt too much and I'm at an utter loss of any interest in doing anything, really. Been hard to eat, harder to sleep, and I'm just ready to grieve properly after his celebration of life this week and start to get better. Missing him so much. I love you, Dad.

Hi Mate, I lost my dad a few year ago I was 30 at the time. One day he was fine, the next he had multiple organ failure and was gone within a few hours. The shock and the overwhelming grief is the hardest thing I have ever been through, I never thought I would smile again. It is cliche but it truely does get easier mate. Slowly but surely you begin to realise how much a part of them is a part of you and lives on through you, you do things instinctively the same way they would, because all your life they have been pre-programming the man you will be. It makes you a better person and makes you even more determined to make them proud. My thoughts are will you and your family through this hard time.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I echo what the other guys have said Creasy. We are all thinking of you.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Same here ...lost my dad this past July. We always went to see the latest Bond film together. He was more old school and never got into Craig but enjoyed nonetheless. The last film we say in the theater together was QoS; watched SF on blu ray. He was too weak to stay awake but still...

Anyway my thoughts with you..
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    All my thoughts go to you @Creasy47 and your family.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I am sorry for your loss. May your father rest in peace @Creasy47.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thank you very much, everyone. The thoughts and kind words and stories meant a lot to read. You lot - members I've connected with for years and those of you brand new around here - will always be like a second family to me, so thank you so much again!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    My sincerest condolences Creasy.
    My condolences Creasy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And from me, pal. Keep making your dad as proud of you as you are of him. The love never dies.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Condolences on the death of your father, @Creasy47. I've been there too - my Dad died from cancer in 2003 when I was 18. If you need any assistance I am only a PM away. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
    So sorry for your loss @Creasy47. Condolences to you and your family. MI6 community is all about discussion and debate (and can get heated at times) but above all else,shows itself to be a very tight group in sad moments. I hope this helps in some small way mate.
    @creasy47 my thoughts go out to you and your family. Good luck these days.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    My condolences, @Creasy. Take care.