SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

From last night.

095656203-ae83dcfd-b42f-48c8-8e3a-8eb8a9f3cc04.jpg

095655832-fdff0455-9b13-48b3-90aa-679477b82c6f.jpg

095655975-3284a03b-1081-4c98-b3f2-e77862e90b9d.jpg

095657589-027cdb1f-44c7-4d14-ad40-79bcc393fdb4.jpg

095658091-a90154a2-aa92-4d64-95c6-125e79689bcb.jpg

Amazing pictures Marketto as always! Thanks for posting!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Amazing pictures Marketto as always! Thanks for posting!

Here are some others for now. http://imgur.com/a/6uRFm

Can I say something with regard to making the storyline "more personal"? Which was done mostly in SF? I loved it. Some call it soap, and un-Bond-ian drama. But as we were discussing originality and creativity in here many times, I actually found it a very creative approach to give the most famous Bond characters a sense of history, a sense of background. And because of that the characters also become slightly more believable. At least for me it worked. I really liked the references to Bond's parents in SF. From Andrew Bond's initials on his rifle, to Bond's childhood trauma. And even the tomb stone of Andrew Bond and the late Mrs Monique Delacroix-Bond. For me they worked.

And in all honesty, I think it should have been done earlier, even if the Ian Fleming references in the novels were not that elaborate as those created in the Craig films. But at least this personal background history was inspired by Fleming's work.

Now back to SP. I think the references to Bond's past will still be there. Obviously. But I think it will done with less emotional flair. I believe Bond in SP is much more surer of himself, he will be much more the emotional stable super-spy, that we haven't seen in the past three films. Bond out on revenge (QOS)? Bond shooting up an embassy (CR)? Bond becoming speechless after the word "Skyfall" is uttered (SF)? Bond crying (CR)? I think it won't happen that much anymore. I think Bond's reaction to any personal history will be much cooler, and Connery-esque.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    edited March 2015 Posts: 630
    Bond talking to the interactive navigation system:
    "Oh, look Bond, there is a comfortable downhill to arrive on the pier!"
    "Do I look like a man that takes downhills? Let's use those stairs!"
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,512
    I believe Bond in SP is much more surer of himself, he will be much more the emotional stable super-spy, that we haven't seen in the past three films. Bond out on revenge (QOS)? Bond shooting up an embassy (CR)? Bond becoming speechless after the word "Skyfall" is uttered (SF)? Bond crying (CR)? I think it won't happen that much anymore. I think Bond's reaction to any personal history will be much cooler, and Connery-esque.

I think Bond will still have issues, psychologically. That doesn't mean he can't 'appear' to be the suave super-spy on the surface, but I think there will be some psychological turmoil underneath it all. Mendes hinted at this in his vlog, he suggested Bond is contemplating whether 'he matters', whether he'll continue on this path, which suggests to me, at least, some level of depth regards the way he operates. Just be clear, I like this approach. I want to see a three-dimensional Bond while we have Craig in the hotseat. If it's about Bond's psyche I'm all for that, I'm not so keen in being explicit with his history. Hinting at history as the catalyst of inner turmoil is almost more interesting than fully exploring it. Take Severine's scene where Bond mentions about her past, it's so dramatically strong, but exploring that further would be fruitless and diminish the weight of the scene. As I said I hope any mention of Bond's past is a sadistic game on the part of ESB, that would eliminate any sense of melodrama and would be effective in bringing Bond's mindset to the fore.
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam
    Now back to SP. I think the references to Bond's past will still be there. Obviously. But I think it will done with less emotional flair. I believe Bond in SP is much more surer of himself, he will be much more the emotional stable super-spy, that we haven't seen in the past three films. Bond out on revenge (QOS)? Bond shooting up an embassy (CR)? Bond becoming speechless after the word "Skyfall" is uttered (SF)? Bond crying (CR)? I think it won't happen that much anymore. I think Bond's reaction to any personal history will be much cooler, and Connery-esque.

isn't it clear for everyone? in SP Bond finds out that M was the leader of Spectre. in the last scene we see Bond weeping and shaking his head, with the buldog in his hands.

walter1985 wrote: »

isn't it clear for everyone? in SP Bond finds out that M was the leader of Spectre. in the last scene we see Bond weeping and shaking his head, with the buldog in his hands.

You must be joking. Right?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited March 2015 Posts: 4,554
    I'm assuming that this car chase...
    originates at the palace, where Bond stumbles upon the secret meeting...If so...

...this seems like a long, extended car chase, in which we see the whole thing. It seems like it's been a while since that happened. CR has an entire car chase, but it lasts all of a minute. QoS has a good one, but we come into it in the middle.

Due to my own laziness, I won't go back and review the Brosnan films, of which I am a lot less knowledgeable, but when was the last time we saw an extended car chase, from beginning to end (high stakes, not racing as in GE), in a Bond film?
    TripAces wrote: »
    originates at the palace, where Bond stumbles upon the secret meeting...If so...

...this seems like a long, extended car chase, in which we see the whole thing. It seems like it's been a while since that happened. CR has an entire car chase, but it lasts all of a minute. QoS has a good one, but we come into it in the middle.

Due to my own laziness, I won't go back and review the Brosnan films, of which I am a lot less knowledgeable, but when was the last time we saw an extended car chase, from beginning to end (high stakes, not racing as in GE), in a Bond film?

DAD has the car chase on ice - which is pretty good until the invisible car "trick" which saves Bond.

But I expect SP's chase to be far more real, gritty, white knuckle, pulse racing...
    As long as Mendes doesn't bring it into melodrama territory (or weigh the entire film down with it) I don't mind a little character study.

At the same time, I don't understand why a "straight Bond film mission" can't also reveal character. Actions speak louder than words, Craig is a good actor, and Mendes is a strong enough director to inject character devleopment and structure amidst a "classic, straight Bond film." I've wanted to see it since the beginning of Craig's era, but it looks like it may never happen.

That being said, SP looks to be the closest to it that we're likely to get.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

DAD has the car chase on ice - which is pretty good until the invisible car "trick" which saves Bond.

But I expect SP's chase to be far more real, gritty, white knuckle, pulse racing...

That's right.
  • RC7RC7
    As long as Mendes doesn't bring it into melodrama territory (or weigh the entire film down with it) I don't mind a little character study.

At the same time, I don't understand why a "straight Bond film mission" can't also reveal character. Actions speak louder than words, Craig is a good actor, and Mendes is a strong enough director to inject character devleopment and structure amidst a "classic, straight Bond film." I've wanted to see it since the beginning of Craig's era, but it looks like it may never happen.

You're absolutely right, this is what I'd personally prefer, but I have a feeling the familial connection and Mendes' talk of his childhood could tip this more towards melodrama depending on how it's handled of course. The whole childhood element does turn me off, I have to be honest. It's all a bit route one. I'm looking forward more to them delving into Bond's psyche in relation to the modern world around him and how he survives in it. Hopefully this will constitute the bulk of the character work in this film.
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam
    Ludovico wrote: »
    You must be joking. Right?

:|
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Maybe Craig will give him the scar....?

Or the other way around? In the novels it is Bond who is scarred.
    RC7 wrote: »

You're absolutely right, this is what I'd personally prefer, but I have a feeling the familial connection and Mendes' talk of his childhood could tip this more towards melodrama depending on how it's handled of course. The whole childhood element does turn me off, I have to be honest. It's all a bit route one. I'm looking forward more to them delving into Bond's psyche in relation to the modern world around him and how he survives in it. Hopefully this will constitute the bulk of the character work in this film.

Well, so far we don't know how they are going to play it, but assuming Blofeld is featured one way or another they have to give something to feed their antagonism. Tracy not being featured, they have to find something else. I think their rather different personalities would be enough to create a nemesis between Bond and Blofeld, but there you go.
    RC7 wrote: »
    I believe Bond in SP is much more surer of himself, he will be much more the emotional stable super-spy, that we haven't seen in the past three films. Bond out on revenge (QOS)? Bond shooting up an embassy (CR)? Bond becoming speechless after the word "Skyfall" is uttered (SF)? Bond crying (CR)? I think it won't happen that much anymore. I think Bond's reaction to any personal history will be much cooler, and Connery-esque.

I think Bond will still have issues, psychologically. That doesn't mean he can't 'appear' to be the suave super-spy on the surface, but I think there will be some psychological turmoil underneath it all. Mendes hinted at this in his vlog, he suggested Bond is contemplating whether 'he matters', whether he'll continue on this path, which suggests to me, at least, some level of depth regards the way he operates. Just be clear, I like this approach. I want to see a three-dimensional Bond while we have Craig in the hotseat. If it's about Bond's psyche I'm all for that, I'm not so keen in being explicit with his history. Hinting at history as the catalyst of inner turmoil is almost more interesting than fully exploring it. Take Severine's scene where Bond mentions about her past, it's so dramatically strong, but exploring that further would be fruitless and diminish the weight of the scene. As I said I hope any mention of Bond's past is a sadistic game on the part of ESB, that would eliminate any sense of melodrama and would be effective in bringing Bond's mindset to the fore.

I agree. I like the fact that the more recent films have been exploring Bond as a character more. I feel there is only so far you can go with episodic missions. The character has evolved tremendously over the last few years and it makes sense that EON have been making the most of the talent they have.

The 'childhood' stuff is very interesting and I'm surprised they haven't explored it before. Personally, I do feel that the third act of SF is the most creaky despite understanding Mendes's reason for going in that direction and how stunning the sequences are (the Skyfall Lodge scenes are by far the most beautiful action sequences I've seen in a film). However, I did feel the idea of going back to Bond's childhood home felt slightly tacked on and something of a large narrative leap to have made following the enquiry shoot-out. I understand Mendes's motivation for wanting to go there as it's a rather deconstructive notion to explore the history of one of cinema's most elusive heroes and discover how he became the man he is. Regardless how successful the scenes are.

I think if the film's actual villain is connected to Bond's past (opposed to say M's as in SF) there are by more dramatic opportunities to really dig a little deeper into Bond's psyche. If Blofeld is using the Oberhauser name to taunt Bond and bring out old skeletons, he thought he had hidden, that would be fascinating.

In terms of the action sequences: Mendes had three large segments in SF. One in at the beginning, middle and end. I'd imagine he's following this model. I personally thing the pre-titles this time around are going to be a seriously brief affair unlike SF and more akin to CR. The first major sequence I think will be the Rome car chase (which I think will be the most hyped sequence of the movie once the marketing machine starts churning). I think the middle sequence will of course be the plane chase in Austria which is looking to be very Nolan-esque. The last action sequence will obviously be in the finale, what that will be? I have no clue, likely Morocco.

I doubt there will be any more then three major sequences with Mendes at the helm (if anything SF only has two properly big action sequences, the tube chase is really rather modest, which isn't a slant on it by any means).

Italian Tabloid Novella 2000 is speculating that Craig has had a flirt with Monica Bellucci on the set
    And i am speculating that Novella 2000 works for satan.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,169
    In terms of the action sequences: Mendes had three large segments in SF. One in at the beginning, middle and end. I'd imagine he's following this model.
    There was really only one huge action setpice in SF - in the PCS. Luckily SP has several more. It will be spectacular!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Will the Lotus be added to the Rome chase?

Wow, ET phone Rome!
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,068
    Italian Tabloid Novella 2000 is speculating that Craig has had a flirt with Monica Bellucci on the set

Can't see DC doing this. A bit of so called banter to break the ice for a love scene' between them!?
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    I am having trouble watching this video @Marketto007 :-/
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    chipsticks wrote: »
    I am having trouble watching this video @Marketto007 :-/

What exactly does that mean? LOL
    A flirt is pretty innocent. Nothing to throw a tantrum for.

What exactly does that mean? LOL

I don't know, I don't buy that type of magazines
    flirt - A person who is innocently overly friendly, especially the type of friendliness that is interpeted as seduction

I could see MB staying her hands all around DC but not vice versa?
    You know, guys, I never thought of the fact that it has actually become rare to see a car chase in its entirety in a Bond movie. It last happened in DAD and then, before that, TLD (I don’t count GE because it was more of a jaunt than a chase).

Since I can’t help being a completist, and I love lists, here are (by my estimation) all the Bond films in which we see a car chase from its beginning to its ending:

DN
    GF
    YOLT
    OHMSS
    DAF
    (I’m not counting LALD here because, even though there are many vehicle chases, there isn’t technically a “car chase”)
    TMWTGG
    TSWLM
    FYEO
    OP
    TLD
    DAD
    SP (?)
    Not totally sure this is the right thread but caught it earlier and thought I'd share it here as it feeds off the image only recently released of Hinx:

Picture%201.png