YOLT vs. DAF

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Of the two, I'd rather watch YOLT. :)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'd rather watch YOLT, cinematography, Barry's superb score and Ken Adam sets but it's still Connery's worst at that point.

As for DAF this is Connery's DAD, save Bassey's title theme and a great score from Barry I find nothing to recommend the rest is utter junk!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Shardlake wrote: »
    save Bassey's title theme and a great score from Barry I find nothing to recommend the rest is utter junk!

1. the PTS, is okay
    2. the elevator fight between Bond and Franks is still pretty good by today's standards
    3. Lana Wood's very nice bum in panties ;) ...and her delightful cleavage lol.
    4. the car chase down the strip in Vegas is okay (would've been better with a Barry score over it though.)

• Shardlake wrote: »
    As for DAF this is Connery's DAD, save Bassey's title theme and a great score from Barry I find nothing to recommend the rest is utter junk!

The writing alone pushes DAF light years ahead of DAD and the dialogue suits Connery's delivery style perfectly.

Diamonds Defender (TM) until death.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Diamonds Defender (TM) until death.
    I understand; it was my first Bond. I still love it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    YOLT for sure. No contest.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Nice to know some can defend it and get something out of it but I doubt I'll ever watch DAF again. When I say it's his DAD I mean its his very worst and can't say I think it's script is that great but if you like cheesy lines and leering Connery knock yourself out.
    they are both crap lets be real boys.
    :))
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,595
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Nice to know some can defend it and get something out of it but I doubt I'll ever watch DAF again. When I say it's his DAD I mean its his very worst and can't say I think it's script is that great but if you like cheesy lines and leering Connery knock yourself out.

I disagree that his lines are cheesy it features the wittiest dialogue in the series and Connery's deadpan has rarely been better.

@Problem_Elminator I love them both :D

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Agreed. Connery may look like a buffoon in DAF (and he does) but his lines are as good as ever and he delivers them with assuredness and confidence. He is having a lot of fun in this movie.
  • The problem is that people take DAF a bit to seriously in the context of the Blofeld trilogy. It may be worth considering that it was intended as a stand alone movie as part of the dream sequence that serves as the intro to LALD.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    *yawn*
    Huh? What? Was I dreaming just now?
    *goes back to sleep*
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    The problem is that people take DAF a bit to seriously in the context of the Blofeld trilogy. It may be worth considering that it was intended as a stand alone movie as part of the dream sequence that serves as the intro to LALD.

go away... no one cares.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    Agreed. Connery may look like a buffoon in DAF (and he does) but his lines are as good as ever and he delivers them with assuredness and confidence. He is having a lot of fun in this movie.

Oh yeah, for sure. I can't deny that he's not in the best of shape but you're right. He's having a lot of fun (and it's infectious).
    bondjames wrote: »

Oh yeah, for sure. I can't deny that he's not in the best of shape but you're right. He's having a lot of fun (and it's infectious).

Connery not in shape, is still in 10x better shape than i've ever been lol... i think he was out of shape based on his standards - but the way some people here talk about it, you make it sound like he packed on 100 pounds.
    HASEROT wrote: »

Connery not in shape, is still in 10x better shape than i've ever been lol... i think he was out of shape based on his standards - but the way some people here talk about it, you make it sound like he packed on 100 pounds.

He was out of shape and a shell of himself…and still twice the Bond that the Moore could ever hope to be. That's why Rog went parody, cuz he knew he could never be the man Sean was.

Rog went Clouseau.
    HASEROT wrote: »

He was out of shape and a shell of himself…and still twice the Bond that the Moore could ever hope to be. That's why Rog went parody, cuz he knew he could never be the man Sean was.

Rog went Clouseau.

go back under your bridge.
    lol, yer mad cuz it rings true.
    lol, yer mad cuz it rings true.

no... it's because your vitriol towards the guy is growing tiresome and irritating... leading me to believe that the only reason you joined the site is bag on the guy. You obviously got some subconscious obsession over him, because no matter what thread you go to, you always bring up Roger Moore.... i've never seen someone hate something or someone so much, yet never shut up about him....

so what happened?... did he deny you an autograph when you were little or something?
    No, he denied the world a good james bond.
    No, he denied the world a good james bond.

no this goes deeper than that.....

were you touched by an uncle during a Roger Moore film?... And now whenever you see Rog you associate it with being diddled?... come on, open up to us....
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @haserot, I think it might be best to stop replying to him. He's clearly bating. It's a common troll tactic. Ignore him and he won't have any replies to give you. Flag him so the Mods can be made aware of his presence and Move on to let them get the Job done. ;)
    No, whenever I see a lousy Bond movie, usually Roger Moore is associated with it. That's funny, can't debate so insults are tossed back. The only thing you're angry about is my opinion and the facts that back it up.
  • No, whenever I see a lousy Bond movie, usually Roger Moore is associated with it. That's funny, can't debate so insults are tossed back. The only thing you're angry about is my opinion and the facts that back it up.
    \don't worry, he is just trolling now because he has lost the debate.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2015 Posts: 23,883
    @doubleohdad is actually helping me to refine my arguments for why Moore was an excellent Bond. The clips he posted on the hating thread made me realize just how good Moore was.

Back on topic, I think DAF is very much like a Moore Bond film. That to me suggests that the producers had already made up their mind to go in a slightly more comedic direction prior to Moore's involvement with the franchise. Therefore, he is not to blame for the direction that the movies took in the 70's. They also happened to play to his strengths and sensibilities, but he cannot be blamed for that - I think that's just a coincidence - and what the public wanted at the time. Times have changed now and a Moore Bond would not cut it today. I'm glad we had him when we did. He was a great Bond. As was Connery in DAF (if not quite up to his best).
    @doubleohdad is actually helping me to refine my arguments for why Moore was an excellent Bond. The clips he posted on the hating thread made me realize just how good Moore was.

Back on topic, I think DAF is very much like a Moore Bond film. That to me suggests that the producers had already made up their mind to go in a slightly more comedic direction prior to Moore's involvement with the franchise. Therefore, he is not to blame for the direction that the movies took in the 70's. They also happened to play to his strengths and sensibilities, but he cannot be blamed for that - I think that's just a coincidence - and what the public wanted at the time. Times have changed now and a Moore Bond would not cut it today. I'm glad we had him when we did. He was a great Bond. As was Connery in DAF (if not quite up to his best).

Then it's all good, bondjames!
    Agreed, the films had already changed when Moore came along.
    No, whenever I see a lousy Bond movie, usually Roger Moore is associated with it. That's funny, can't debate so insults are tossed back. The only thing you're angry about is my opinion and the facts that back it up.

simply not true....... i am sad for you now... something obviously happened to you, and the effects were traumatic... so i hope you get the help you need.... maybe a sit down with Rog himself could help you "move on".
    Murdock wrote: »
    @haserot, I think it might be best to stop replying to him. He's clearly bating. It's a common troll tactic. Ignore him and he won't have any replies to give you. Flag him so the Mods can be made aware of his presence and Move on to let them get the Job done. ;)

Should I flag your insults then, murdock? That's not my style. It's a debate, and yeah, if you can't keep up, then ignore my posts. SUre respect that better than having to insult someone for a different point of view.