Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

Chronicles of Narnia "Voyage of the Dawn Treader".

Always an enjoyable escape although it is not the best one so far.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Killer Elite:
    Love old Jason Statham, great action flick with Clive Owen. Some great
    Fight and stunt sequences. :)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The Last King of Scotland - Epic film, I hadn't rewatched it since I saw it in cinema in 2006.
    Milk - Very good, Sean Penn really deserved his Oscar for this
    Crazy Heart - Slow but very memorable, a moment of life and voyage with Jeff Bridges at his best
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I just saw Taken 3. It got 11% on RT. It doesn't deserve that.

Sure, it's not going to win an Oscar, but it is quite entertaining, and I actually enjoyed it more than Taken 2 (which I can't really remember all that well).

The only problem IMO was QoS style editing which got a bit annoying after a while.

Liam is excellent as always. Worth seeing. RT is wrong.
    Beetlejuice
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Beetlejuice
    And it was awful. This film is the reason people saw Tim Burton as absolutely insane, casting Keaton as Batman.
  • Beetlejuice
    And it was awful. This film is the reason people saw Tim Burton as absolutely insane, casting Keaton as Batman.

Still, better Batman than Kilmer, Clooney and Bale. And West.
    I liked Keaton's Batman. :)
    Thankfully, Clooney dropped the glasses. Someone suddenly realised that Batman is not Clark Kent.
    Beetlejuice is a good movie and they are making a sequel with Burton and Keaton.

Tim Burton Confirms Winona Ryder Will Return For BEETLEJUICE Sequel
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=112476
  • Dalton12 wrote: »

Well, that is going to be terrible. Bonham-Carter and Depp booked I presume?
    @Thunderfinger i agree it was below average
    Guess I'm one of the only Beetlejuice fans here haha... I like most of Tim Burton's older films.
    I guess it is a really good film for little children.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Guess I'm one of the only Beetlejuice fans here haha... I like most of Tim Burton's older films.

You Are Not Alone.
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    Beetlejuice is a good movie and they are making a sequel with Burton and Keaton.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=112476

:-O No way!!!!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Pain & Gain

It's probably wrong that I do but I love every second of it.
  • Need For Speed .
    edited January 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Cliffhanger. A work of art.

From the opening shot in the mountains, to the great special effects, to the amazing action sequences, to the wonderful cinematography, to the great Trevor Jones score, to the brilliant lines (mostly delivered sardonically by a deliciously evil John Lithgow and a few racist Brits), this is as good as it gets in the action dept.

Stallone is in top form, and this is one of the best, if not the best thing he did in the 90's.

Well worth a watch (particularly on Blu ray), if you're one of the few who've not had the pleasure to watch it. Even if you have seen it but it's been a while, I recommend a rewatch, for a bit of mindless fun and entertainment.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    bondjames wrote: »
    Cliffhanger. I recommend a rewatch, for a bit of mindless fun and entertainment.
    But... how did Sly survive under the ice? Freezing temps can, y'know, KILL you & stuff. In DAD at least Bond came up in a hot pool.
    edited January 2015 Posts: 23,883
    chrisisall wrote: »
    But... how did Sly survive under the ice? Freezing temps can, y'know, KILL you & stuff. In DAD at least Bond came up in a hot pool.

True enough, but he's Sly after all. Some suspension of disbelief is required.

When watching this, I got a distinct Bond vibe (the mountain climbs reminded me of FYEO, the screams when falling reminded me of classic Bonds, the under the ice stuff reminded me of SF, the fantastic non-CGI plane bit at the beginning reminded me of LTK pretitles, the villains great lines, the orchestral score reminding me of Barry etc.)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    bondjames wrote: »
    When watching this, I got a distinct Bond vibe (the mountain climbs reminded me of FYEO, the screams when falling reminded me of classic Bonds, the under the ice stuff reminded me of SF, the fantastic non-CGI plane bit at the beginning reminded me of LTK pretitles, the villains great lines, the orchestral score reminding me of Barry etc.)
    Yeah, Renny & Co were clearly fans.

Lucy

Being a Luc Besson fan, I had to see this film.
    And I love it. Though it's pretty much style over substance, Besson's surreal visions never fail to impress me.
    Hot Fuzz, at first I thought it would be about waxing, turns out to
    Be about some country police but Timothy Dalton is in it, very funny.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The Man Who Haunted Himself
    With all the negativity surrounding Roger Moore in recent weeks I decided to watch a film of his. What a great thriller and a fantastic performance out of Moore. I enjoyed the film a lot.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The Hurt Locker, King's Speech, The Artist, Argo, 12 Years a Slave, The Reader, The Iron Lady, Black Swan, Silver Linings Playbook, Apollo 13, Cinderella Man, Olympus Has Fallen, Man on Fire.
  • Damnit DaltonCraig this isn't a checklist. ;) Tell us how you like all these movies!!!
    edited January 2015 Posts: 15,696
    Sorry ;)

"Man on Fire" is one of my favorite movies, Denzel Washington is very good in it. The best Tony Scott film IMO.
    "Olympus" seems to have bad reviews but I love it. The true Die Hard of the 21st century, not those awful 'DH 4 and 5' with Bruce Willis.
    Cinderella Man was good, Russell Crowe awesome as always. I like boxing films so this was nice to see.
    Apollo 13 was great, 2hours+ of tension, and I really liked Ed Harris in this. The take off scene was breathtaking.
    Silver Linings, quite good. Jennifer Lawrence is very beautiful and the other actors were cool, especially De Niro who gets grumpier as he gets older.
    The Reader: Good film, Winslet was great and so was Fiennes. I liked the story even though the love scenes were getting annoying after a while.
    Iron Lady: I must be the only one who liked the film, due in great parts to the fantastic Meryl Streep.
    I hadn't seen Black Swan since I saw it in cinema. Very good film, and Portman is possessed with her role.
    The Hurt Locker I really like, great war film. I had forgotten Fiennes was in it. Renner is badass in this one. Maybe too much shaky cam in some scenes.
    King's Speech: hadn't seen it in a while, very good film. But then again I really like ww2 era films.
    12 Years a Slave: Great, but some very shocking scenes. Story was really interesting and I was totally 'hooked' for the whole film.
    The Artist: Better than I remembered. Dujardin was excellent in this.
    Argo: One of my favorite films. I am a sucker for historical thrillers set in that period (1970's), so I was very pleased. You are hooked from the 1st second to the last second of this film.
    @DaltonCraig007, I think Olympus Has Fallen isn't a bad movie but its spiritual brother White House Down IMO really is. Or maybe I just don't like Roland Emmerich any more. ;-)
    @DarthDimi I agree, White House Down wasn't good. Too much comedy. ;)