The Flash (TV Series 2014– )

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    I have so many theories now that my head hurts.

It's what happens when time travel is involved.
    I have so many theories now that my head hurts.

It's what happens when time travel is involved.

And alternate timelines :D
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Those pretty much just always come with time travel, at least if Stargate has taught me anything.
    Those pretty much just always come with time travel, at least if Stargate has taught me anything.

Good old Stargate I have to rewatch it again sometime.
    Just wandering does anybody here saw animated movie Justice League : Flashpoint Paradox ? Because It's Awesome .
    I've been planning on it.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 1,107
    Exciting "Chosen" Trailer For CW's THE FLASH
    Loved the episode just for showing Barry running on water and up buildings! Now I just need vibrating through objects and I'm set lol. I did hate that Plastique died though, wouldn't have minded her staying alive and popping in again later in the series.

Barry vibrating his vocal cords though in his meeting with Iris as the Flash? Was awesome! Has any of the Flashes done that before in the comics? And I felt bad for Iris and wish Joe and Barry would just tell her! And breaking up with her as friends because she won't stop with her fascination with the streak? Meh. Just tell her the truth! It feels forced and feels like more unnecessary drama and angst.

Love the Grodd ending scene. Good episode overall.

The series' overall tonal impact and the creative direction for Barry's character personality-wise weren't the only things dramatically and permanently altered by tonight's episode; Harrison Wells' trajectory as a character was also altered, and I'm not sure the writers and producers were intending it to be this early in the story, particularly given the episode's coda.

After what he did in basically sending Bette to her death, Wells went from being 'shady yet likable' to being completely unlikable, and while I still believe that he'll ultimately turn out to be the season/series' "Big Bad", I don't think the writers were intending to turn the audience against him quite yet, which now makes their job going forward infinitely harder.
    Well, I'm a little annoyed with his "Flash Voice". I don't see why he couldn't just use a voice synthesizer like Arrow does. It may sound goofy as hell, but it doesn't sound as robotic as this did.

All the stuff with Barry and Iris just kind of felt... well... a little forced. If The Flash were its own series in its own universe, I could understand Iris making a blog and not caring about her own safety because the idea of a super hero would be unknown to her, but as this series shares continuity and a universe with Arrow, where it is already well-documented that people hunt the Arrow and use people who may or may not known him to their advantage, well, Iris just comes off as a dumbass. Shame on her. And Barry should probably just outright tell her.

Plastique was awesome. I'm hoping that, like IGN suggests, she becomes the DCTVU version of Marvel's Nitro, and survived that explosion at the end. She deserves more than just a single episode. But, even if it was her only episode, her performance was wonderful.

Then we come to General Eiling, played masterfully by Clancy Brown, of DCAU Lex Luthor fame. It was wonderful seeing him in a live action role, because he's as terrific an on-camera actor as he is a voice actor, and I absolutely love him as a voice actor (Star Wars The Clone Wars' Savage Oppress happens to be my favorite of his roles). I can't wait to see more of Eiling on the show, because he has the makings of being a great recurring maybe-villain, much like Adrian Pasdar on Marvel's Agents of SHIELD.

The humor was well played this week, with Barry worrying about not being able to get drunk and then the return to it in the back end of the episode. Whodda thunk the world's fastest man would want to be the world's fastest drunk as well?

The Grodd cameo at the end was well done also, with a great hint at things to come. I selfishly wish that if Grodd is able to speak, they hire Powers Boothe as his voice actor. Anyone who's seen Justice League and Justice League Unlimited will know why.

My one gripe this week is that I just want the producers to come out of the closet with Wells. There was nothing of the charismatic support team member in him this week, and he was purely in villain mode from beginning to end. I'm fine with ending hints like the pilot, when he stood up, or the second episode when he whipped out that Assassin's Creed hidden blade and killed Iron Man 3's president, but episodes like this one make you wonder how nobody knows he's plotting something nefarious. He damn near said it aloud.

Ultimately, though, this was the best episode of the series so far. It's a good thing when a show's first season continually tops itself, but it also makes me worry that season two might not be as good.
    Well, I'm a little annoyed with his "Flash Voice". I don't see why he couldn't just use a voice synthesizer like Arrow does. It may sound goofy as hell, but it doesn't sound as robotic as this did.

All the stuff with Barry and Iris just kind of felt... well... a little forced. If The Flash were its own series in its own universe, I could understand Iris making a blog and not caring about her own safety because the idea of a super hero would be unknown to her, but as this series shares continuity and a universe with Arrow, where it is already well-documented that people hunt the Arrow and use people who may or may not known him to their advantage, well, Iris just comes off as a dumbass. Shame on her. And Barry should probably just outright tell her.

Plastique was awesome. I'm hoping that, like IGN suggests, she becomes the DCTVU version of Marvel's Nitro, and survived that explosion at the end. She deserves more than just a single episode. But, even if it was her only episode, her performance was wonderful.

Then we come to General Eiling, played masterfully by Clancy Brown, of DCAU Lex Luthor fame. It was wonderful seeing him in a live action role, because he's as terrific an on-camera actor as he is a voice actor, and I absolutely love him as a voice actor (Star Wars The Clone Wars' Savage Oppress happens to be my favorite of his roles). I can't wait to see more of Eiling on the show, because he has the makings of being a great recurring maybe-villain, much like Adrian Pasdar on Marvel's Agents of SHIELD.

The humor was well played this week, with Barry worrying about not being able to get drunk and then the return to it in the back end of the episode. Whodda thunk the world's fastest man would want to be the world's fastest drunk as well?

The Grodd cameo at the end was well done also, with a great hint at things to come. I selfishly wish that if Grodd is able to speak, they hire Powers Boothe as his voice actor. Anyone who's seen Justice League and Justice League Unlimited will know why.

My one gripe this week is that I just want the producers to come out of the closet with Wells. There was nothing of the charismatic support team member in him this week, and he was purely in villain mode from beginning to end. I'm fine with ending hints like the pilot, when he stood up, or the second episode when he whipped out that Assassin's Creed hidden blade and killed Iron Man 3's president, but episodes like this one make you wonder how nobody knows he's plotting something nefarious. He damn near said it aloud.

Ultimately, though, this was the best episode of the series so far. It's a good thing when a show's first season continually tops itself, but it also makes me worry that season two might not be as good.

Great post ! I agree with everything.
    I have a feeling maybe Plastique isn't gone for good. The explosion was her body's way to reject the bullet. There's plenty of comic book science to reason a way for her to be immune to her own explosive power. That was probably the professor's intent to get the General off her tail. He's from the future so he knows things...and he could be building a super villain army in secret.
    p.s. I don't think Multiplex is dead either.
    Also On the plus side, though, they did introduce somebody who can be intentionally brought in to offset the issues they've created for themselves with Wells, that being Clancy Brown's General Wade Eiling. I have a very strong feeling that we haven't seen the last of him, and that there's going to be some serious reckoning on the horizon if/when he show up again, not only from Barry, but also from Cisco, and I'd hate to be in his shoes.
    I'm just worried about Wells. Hopefully, they'll play down the super villain angle, maybe give us an episode later on that makes it seem like he's actually trying to help, then pull the twist.
    PART ONE OF THE EPIC CROSSOVER EVENT WITH THE FLASH AND ARROW — Barry(Grant Gustin) is thrilled when Oliver (guest star Stephen Amell), Felicity (guest star Emily Bett Rickards) and Diggle (guest star David Ramsey) come to Central City to investigate a case involving a deadly boomerang. Excited about teaming up with his friend, Barry asks Oliver if he’d like to help him stop Ray Bivolo (guest star Patrick Sabongui), the meta-human Barry is currently tracking. Bivolo causes people to lose control of their emotions and has been using that skill to robbanks. Unfortunately, the superhero partnership doesn’t go as smoothly as Barry expected. When Oliver tells Barry he still has a lot to learn, Barry sets out to prove him wrong by attempting to stopBivolo alone. However, when Bivolo infects Barry and sets him on a rage rampage, everyone is in danger, and the only one who can stop him is the Arrow. Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) is furious when Eddie (Rick Cosnett) tries to get a task force to stop The Flash, Joe and Dr. Wells(Tom Cavanagh) agree the Arrow is a bad influence on Barry, and Caitlin and Cisco deal with a newteam in S.T.A.R. Labs. Glen Winter directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & AndrewKreisberg and teleplay by Ben Sokolowski & Brooke Eikmeier (#107).
    Love this Theme :

• The Flash is the best show ever because the characters.
    New episode was awesome !
    The ending was amazing.
    The conversation Joe and Wells had tonight had some interesting tidbits, like the fact that Wells shadily moved to Central City a month after Nora was killed. Wells pointed Joe in the direction of the death of Tess Morgan, his "wife", to move suspicion away from him. However, Wells could easily have been lying about this, and this story was that of the REAL Harrison Wells, a man whose identity was taken on by the Reverse Flash after he was trapped in this timeline. He took on this new identity and quickly devoted his life to making sure Barry would one day become the Flash -- and that he would survive and thrive and develop his powers until Reverse Flash use Barry to regain his own speed force.

One thing that doesn't gel with this theory is the fact that we just saw the Reverse Flash using his powers at the end of this episode. If he didn't lose all his speed force, he might have lost enough to prevent from from time traveling. His being trapped in this time might also have something to do with the Cosmic Treadmill we'll be seeing. Who knows.

As we all know, there have also been other little hints along the way with things Wells has said or done ("Feels like I've waited centuries for this"). Also, he's become such a huge presence on the show, a character who has his hand in multiple nefarious things, and he seems to know quite a bit about what happens in the future. It would be weird if he WASN'T a major baddie or someone from the canon on this point. It would also be strange if he was just a pawn working for the show's Eddie Thawne. I'm not sure how that would make sense.

Eddie, on the other hand, might be a character they've included to become a present-day Reverse Flash or Zoom. We all know there are more than one of them in the comics. This show could be focusing on a time-traveling Zoom from the future this season, and in later seasons, Eddie Thawne gets speed powers somehow.

Of course, Wells could just be the most massive red herring of all time and Eddie could be the true Reverse Flash as of now. It would just kind of be a twist that isn't earned because I don't think there's been one hint about Eddie being more than what he seems thus far.

I soo want to now who Wells is !! And Episode 9 is called : The Man in the Yellow Suit.
  • Dalton12 wrote: »
    New episode was awesome !
    The ending was amazing.
    The conversation Joe and Wells had tonight had some interesting tidbits, like the fact that Wells shadily moved to Central City a month after Nora was killed. Wells pointed Joe in the direction of the death of Tess Morgan, his "wife", to move suspicion away from him. However, Wells could easily have been lying about this, and this story was that of the REAL Harrison Wells, a man whose identity was taken on by the Reverse Flash after he was trapped in this timeline. He took on this new identity and quickly devoted his life to making sure Barry would one day become the Flash -- and that he would survive and thrive and develop his powers until Reverse Flash use Barry to regain his own speed force.

One thing that doesn't gel with this theory is the fact that we just saw the Reverse Flash using his powers at the end of this episode. If he didn't lose all his speed force, he might have lost enough to prevent from from time traveling. His being trapped in this time might also have something to do with the Cosmic Treadmill we'll be seeing. Who knows.

As we all know, there have also been other little hints along the way with things Wells has said or done ("Feels like I've waited centuries for this"). Also, he's become such a huge presence on the show, a character who has his hand in multiple nefarious things, and he seems to know quite a bit about what happens in the future. It would be weird if he WASN'T a major baddie or someone from the canon on this point. It would also be strange if he was just a pawn working for the show's Eddie Thawne. I'm not sure how that would make sense.

Eddie, on the other hand, might be a character they've included to become a present-day Reverse Flash or Zoom. We all know there are more than one of them in the comics. This show could be focusing on a time-traveling Zoom from the future this season, and in later seasons, Eddie Thawne gets speed powers somehow.

Of course, Wells could just be the most massive red herring of all time and Eddie could be the true Reverse Flash as of now. It would just kind of be a twist that isn't earned because I don't think there's been one hint about Eddie being more than what he seems thus far.

I soo want to now who Wells is !! And Episode 9 is called : The Man in the Yellow Suit.

Great post. I also I'm eager to see how everything will turn out.

tumblr_nf9mxyXq7v1r6vy8ho2_250.gif
    THE FLASH: Greg Berlanti Talks 'Gorilla Grodd', Time Travel, And A New Costume
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=111291
    ARROW Season 3, Episode 8 Stills; "The Brave And The Bold" - THE FLASH Crossover

AR308a_0312b.jpg

AR308a_0463b.jpg

AR308a_BTS_0500b.jpg

AR308b_0022b.jpg

AR308b_0209b.jpg

AR308a_0214b.jpg

AR308b_0178b.jpg

AR308a_0179b.jpg

AR308a_0170b.jpg

AR308b_0148b.jpg

AR308a_0130b.jpg

AR308b_0074b.jpg

AR308b_0048b.jpg

AR308b_0035b.jpg
    THE FLASH: Synopsis For "The Man in the Yellow Suit" Reveals Who ISN'T 'Reverse-Flash'
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=111369
    New Details On Fights And Major Revelations In Upcoming ARROW/THE FLASH Crossover
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=111468
    Another great episode .
    So Dr. Wells has created The Flash, Firestorm, Elongated Man, Damage, Atom Smasher, Amazing Man, Girder, Blackout, Weather Wizard, Captain Cold, and Grodd. The creation of 1/3 of the DCU without Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.
    The Wells subplot is developing nicely. I'm with the group now that suspects he's T.O. Morrow. But I'm still not completely convinced he's NOT Professor Zoom, mainly because it

GTbeULZ.png

1416976753052.png

I never noticed the Wayne Tech/Queen Inc merger that succeeds in the original timeline, but fails in the second. Guess that means the Bat Family exists in this DCU.
    Does Wells want Flash to disappear in the future? I'm still a bit confused on that. Or is he trying to prevent his disappearance from happening in that newspaper headline?
    SUPERGIRL May End Up Being Set In The Same World As ARROW And THE FLASH
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=111617
  • Can't wait for this!!!

SUPERGIRL May End Up Being Set In The Same World As ARROW And THE FLASH
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=111617
    Good! Now if only they were in the Justice League MOVIE....

Wouldn't Nightwing be more suited for his own show over Supergirl? Maybe they figure it would be too similar to Arrow.

I think Nightwing is being set-up as a leader of a live-action Teen Titans series.
    I think Nightwing is being set-up as a leader of a live-action Teen Titans series.
    Why couldn't they do also Green Lantern show with a mixture of Doctor Who and Star Trek? The only problem I see is him flying through space, I think they could pull off the effects.