The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and the Works of JK Rowling

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Ah, and you have my favorite still to come: Azkaban! :)
    I also don't usually like fantasy or even sci fi, Sandy, but I loved every Potter book. Easy to really imagine that world. And I so enjoyed the vividness of the characters. I hope you enjoy all of them.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I must say that my favourite is either a toss up of The Philosopher's Stone, The Prisoner of Azkaban or The Deathly Hallows. Very hard to decide.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Well my top 3 are:

Azkaban
    Order of the Phoenix
    Deathly Hallows

I really enjoyed Goblet of Fire but I thought parts of it were too long and there was sadness. I shall have to remember to use spoiler tags as Sandy and others have not read the books yet! (Even though most may have seen the films ...)
    Well my top 3 are:

Azkaban
    Order of the Phoenix
    Deathly Hallows

I really enjoyed Goblet of Fire but I thought parts of it were too long and there was sadness. I shall have to remember to use spoiler tags as Sandy and others have not read the books yet!

If I had to order the films and the books, it would be like so-

Books:
    1) Azkaban/Hallows
    2) Stone
    3) Prince
    4) Phoenix
    5) Goblet
    6) Secrets

Films:
    1) Prince
    2) Phoenix
    3) Hallows Pt 1
    4) Hallows Pt 2
    5) Azkaban
    6) Secrets
    7) Stone

The great thing about the Harry Potter series is that, with both the films and books, there isn't a weak link, unlike so many other franchises and film series! The rankings above have infinitesimal differences between each place!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Glad to see a Harry Potter thread here. Growing up my first real role models nearest my age so to speak were Harry, Ron and Hermione, and I often fantasized about going on exciting and dangerous adventures like they always got to. I've been a life long lover of the books and films, the former of which really kickstarted my love affair with books and fictional heroes in general, which still burns bright today. Very few things in this world can pull at my heartstrings like my fondest memories of experiencing all that the great corridors of Hogwarts had to share in my youth. My mind was sent reeling into a swirl of deep imagination and elation, my heart would tremble at every challenge facing the terrific trio and warm at the thought of their great bond. It's a little cheesy to say it, but the books and films showed me that the greatest magic of all is friendship.

I still get emotional listening to this track that plays in the last scene of Chamber of Secrets, one of my favorites:

The gorgeous themes of this series always take me back, to a time when I was far happier than I could ever hope to be again. Harry Potter did that for me, and I'm thankful every day for writers like JK Rowling and characters like those three wonderful troublemakers. ;)
    Be interesting to see how this performs? /\
    The movie of 2016, for sure.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and I'm really looking for to this. The teaser looks OK but I need to see the full theatrical tailer.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 5,772
    2016 will be the Harry Potter year : a play is in preparation, and will open next summer :

harrypottertheplay.com

Harry_Potter_Cursed_Child_Play.jpg

That could be good. We'll see.
  • It looks good , doesn't give too much away though ,which is a good thing . I'm part of the Harry Potter generation so i'll be going to see this.
    I grew up with Harry Potter as well, so I'm definitely intrigued.
    Will Daniel Radcliffe reprise his roel? He has strut the stage before.
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    Will Daniel Radcliffe reprise his roel? He has strut the stage before.

From what I saw he probably won't be in it.
    So who will play Harry? Perhap s Andrew Garfield or Dane Dehanes.
    Is he even in this story at all?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Gary Oldman should play Harry Potter.
    Well hes in the title so if Not that would be misleading. Gary Oldman or Dana Carvey...
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    Well hes in the title so if Not that would be misleading. Gary Oldman or Dana Carvey...

He isn't in the title
    Yes he is : "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child". Of course, if you're talking about "Fantastic Beasts...", then he's neither in the title nor in the movie.
    Ya I was talking about Beasts I wasn't aware of the other.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    New Trailer.

Not sure why there's a remixed version of Hedwig's theme considering the time line but I love these Rowling wizard world movies. Looking forward to seeing this.
    Apparently, "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" is set to become a big success, at least if we judge by the reactions at the previews :

radiotimes.com/news/2016-06-08/gasps-cheers-and-a-standing-ovation--what-audiences-thought-of-harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child

Too bad I can't (for monetary reasons) go to London this year. But here's a pic from the play, for those who are interested :

ckxlitjwsaidwzg.jpg-large-1.jpg
    Has anyone been to the HP world in Leavesden? If you want to burn money that's the place to go to.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the HP world in Leavesden? If you want to burn money that's the place to go to.

Absolutely. I went back in 2012 and was taken aback at the scale of it. Easily could have spent the entire day there (or two).
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited June 2016 Posts: 2,493
    Gerard wrote: »
    Apparently, "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" is set to become a big success, at least if we judge by the reactions at the previews :

radiotimes.com/news/2016-06-08/gasps-cheers-and-a-standing-ovation--what-audiences-thought-of-harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child

Too bad I can't (for monetary reasons) go to London this year. But here's a pic from the play, for those who are interested :

ckxlitjwsaidwzg.jpg-large-1.jpg

The stage looks fantastic, though I really don't like the new designs of the house banners.

edited October 2016 Posts: 4,416
    Trailer who was released last weak:

New Potter more trailer with some movie footage, JK Rowling and litle spoiler (There telling what year the movie be set in):

edited November 2016 Posts: 4,416
    It be confirmd in mean time that there going to be 5 movies and first movie screentime is 135 minutes (2hr,15 minutes) and that Dutch Age rank wil be 9+ with a fair logo same as Harry Potter 3. Also the movie wil released 1 day earlier in The Netherlands, now on Wednesday 16 November 2016.
    I love the Potter world and I'm definitely seeing these prequel movies.