"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RC7 wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    Stunning win for Chelsea against Everton. Love it.
    Then finding out that Man Utd were held to a draw. Well thats the icing on the cake.

Aren't you a Chelsea fan?

Sounds like a great game. Need to watch the highlights later. Big loss for City too.

I am a Chelsea fan. Six goal haul is a great result.

• RC7RC7
    Stunning win for Chelsea against Everton. Love it.
    Then finding out that Man Utd were held to a draw. Well thats the icing on the cake.

Aren't you a Chelsea fan?

Sounds like a great game. Need to watch the highlights later. Big loss for City too.

I am a Chelsea fan. Six goal haul is a great result.

I thought so. It was just with the combo of celebrating an Everton spanking and United's relentless awfulness I thought we might have another scouser in our midst. City's loss has surely got to be the icing on the cake?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    That was probably the cherry on top. Yes.
    I dont want to speak to soon, but I'm happy with the start of the season.
    Football is a waste of leather, imo.
    For those that understand it it's the most exiting game on planet earth (unlike those static north american sports like baseball etc,which tend to bore the pants off the rest of the world)!!!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Looks like Spurs have got off the hook here. Should be about 4-0 but Mario has spunked chances even Borini would tuck away.

2nd half our shambolic defence will crumble. Sakho just an expensive Kolo - bloke is all over the shop.
  • RC7RC7
    Looks like Spurs have got off the hook here. Should be about 4-0 but Mario has spunked chances even Borini would tuck away.

2nd half our shambolic defence will crumble. Sakho just an expensive Kolo - bloke is all over the shop.

Spurs showing again that they just aren't top tier. Where do you reckon you'll finish in May? I think you'll pip Arsenal to third. Can't see past Chelsea top, City second (although they still seem fragile). Think you've got more edge than the gunners.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 9,117

Spurs showing again that they just aren't top tier. Where do you reckon you'll finish in May? I think you'll pip Arsenal to third. Can't see past Chelsea top, City second (although they still seem fragile). Think you've got more edge than the gunners.

Given that Wenger thinks he's got enough strikers then 3rd seems probable. We'll beat most teams but our shoddy defence will cost us in the big games v City and Chelsea.

Chelsea look to have it sewn up to be honest now they've got a decent striker.

Can't wait for Sakho to go up against Ronaldo!
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Easy win for Liverpool. Spurs have probably sacked their manager by the time I type this! ;-)

Balotelli will score a few goals and then revert to his usual sulky self and Liverpool will get shot of him to the next mugs club that wants him.
    Spurs' chronic problem of playing like Accrington Stanley against any team higher than 4th seems to transcend managers. It's a shame we can't seem to pick up the slightest of results against teams we aren't actually much worse than. Burnley don't lose this bad to top teams, so I don't understand why we do. It's ruined many of our seasons. :(
    Easy win for Liverpool. Spurs have probably sacked their manager by the time I type this! ;-)

Balotelli will score a few goals and then revert to his usual sulky self and Liverpool will get shot of him to the next mugs club that wants him.

Balotelli played well and could have scored 1 or 2 goals. Hopefully he keeps on going like that but like you said he's got a bad reputation.
  • Arsenal desperately needed a world class striker. They could have got Falcao on loan.....

.....They've paid £16 million for Danny Welbeck instead.

That's right. SIXTEEN. MILLION. POUNDS. =)) =)) =))
    You are kidding?????????? They have seriously been mugged off there!!!!! :-O
  • Being a Man United fan and I like Danny, 16 million :-O

If Falcao comes in, will go along way to United getting top four.
  • Being a Man United fan and I like Danny, 16 million :-O

The firepower United have is most impressive but they're still left with an awful defence. Smalling and Jones are not Premier League quality.
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2014 Posts: 10,512
    Being a Man United fan and I like Danny, 16 million :-O

Really? That's now 29 and 30 year old fowards who are arguably brilliant but injury prone. Where's the solid centre back and pace-setting midfielder we need? I'd love it to work out, but I'm dubious. It's going to take a lot more than Falcao and Di Maria to solve the underlying problems we have.
    edited September 2014 Posts: 9,117
    What are Utd playing at? Why not sign Ronaldo and Messi too? Its not going to change the fact that youve got a pub team defence.

Mind you if youve got a bloke who can score 40 goals a season it can mask a lot of deficiencies; just look at us - a joke at the back yet should have won the title.
    And when you look at it where are the world class defenders Man Utd need? We have spent 37m on Sakho and Lovren and they both look utter gash. Maybe LVG has got the right idea?
  • RC7 wrote: »
    Being a Man United fan and I like Danny, 16 million :-O

Really? That's now 29 and 30 year old fowards who are arguably brilliant but injury prone. Where's the solid centre back and pace-setting midfielder we need? I'd love it to work out, but I'm dubious. It's going to take a lot more than Falcao and Di Maria to solve the underlying problems we have.

True Hummel's or Vidal would be ideal, prem taking a break for just under 2 weeks. Should get most of injured players back. I am willing to go with what van gal is doing, united will be focused just on the league. May not be addressing all problems though as things stand happy for more fire power.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 6,432
    ...............De gea

Rafael Rojo Jones Shaw

...,............Blind

Herera................Di Maria

.............Rooney

Falcao................Van Persie

One possible line up for United.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 6,396
    The highlight of Transfer Deadline Day was definitely the Sky Sports reporter and the purple sex toy! =))
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    United looking mouth watering up front but they have Tyrone off corrie playing centre half so....
    The highlight of Transfer Deadline Day was definitely the Sky Sports reporter and the purple sex toy! =))

Oh is that what that was about? Someone just sent me that clip but I was too busy laughing that the guy was saying a club might be in for Tom Cleverley that I didnt notice someone shoving a massive dildo in his ear!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Bloody hell Wenger, what do you think you are doing? :-?

Oh is that what that was about? Someone just sent me that clip but I was too busy laughing that the guy was saying a club might be in for Tom Cleverley that I didnt notice someone shoving a massive dildo in his ear!

And we wonder why we have trouble producing talented young footballers in this country. Here's a player who was wanted by both Everton and Villa but because neither would meet his incredibly high wage demands (£80,000 a week!!!!!) he'd rather rot in the reserves of a club who no longer want him than play regular first team football week, in week out. Sadly it sums up the attitude of the modern day footballer.

And we wonder why we have trouble producing talented young footballers in this country. Here's a player who was wanted by both Everton and Villa but because neither would meet his incredibly high wage demands (£80,000 a week!!!!!) he'd rather rot in the reserves of a club who no longer want him than play regular first team football week, in week out. Sadly it sums up the attitude of the modern day footballer.

Absolutely. I heard Cleverley turned down Valencia too. Could go and salvage his career in the sun on, I'm sure, a decent enough wage away from everyone here slagging him off but he chooses to sit on the bench at a club he has practically zero chance of getting a game for in a country where he's a laughing stock. That's ambition for you!

My favourite was Borini to QPR though. Done deal between Liverpool and QPR but the white Heskey was asking for wages of 90k!!! The only job this clown is fit for in football is cutting the half time oranges yet he reckons he's worth that? More deluded than even Bendnter.
    When even Harry the bloke that bankrupt Portsmouth with his spunking of top dollar on mediocrity comes out and says 'we couldn't get anywhere near the wages he was asking' you know you're probably asking a little bit over the odds!

If you were worth 90k a week son Brendan wouldn't be desperate to get shot of you would he? Cheeky wanker has scored what? Half a dozen goals for Sunderland and he reckons he's worth that? Just goes to show that players are totally out of control.

Oh so the Borini deal didn't go through then? Sunderland fans were fuming with him yesterday because he was stalling on joining them earlier in the transfer window and now he gets neither club. Bet they're pissing themselves up on Wearside now.

Still, as you've said for £90k a week I bet he doesn't give a toss about not playing football.

Ol' Sourface Redknapp didn't work his magic this time then. He proclaimed on Saturday that Diarra was a "done deal" and that also fell through yesterday.

All he ended up with was Sandro from Spurs. And he's utter garbage as well.

Just hearing more Cleverly news. Villa did a last minute deal to get him on a season long loan but the Premier League have to ratify the registration as it was done very late.

Villa are just about Cleverly's level in that both are total pants!
    2 weeks off now let's all keep our fingers crossed that our players return fit and healthy
    Still can not believe Roy has overlooked my team for players yet again
    But on a positive less injuries to pick up and hopefully the squad will be ready for the top of the table clash :-O sept 13th

Alot of the lads at work were on about this today, if any one can get the clip? Please share it!
  • RogueAgent wrote: »

Alot of the lads at work were on about this today, if any one can get the clip? Please share it!

I don't want to get into trouble here by putting up the link. ;-)

So just type "Sky Sports purple sex toy" into YouTube.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Hopefully it might stop sky from building it up next year. this transfer deadline day bollocks that they've packaged with yellow tin foil and shoved down our throats, is everything wrong with modern day football. Wouldn't mind wholloping that horrible Jim white with a purple dildo no matter how wrong that sounds, awful awful man.
    edited September 2014 Posts: 1,575
    Poor tv reporter. Feel sorry for him and his family. Typical dick head soccer hoon...........

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiKVTD6TL8PqMNIIMvSPrUSYashjhWclufC2fFkywNiRPqLog8