"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    DCisared wrote:
    DCisared wrote:
    Interesting, think he was gone possibly weeks ago. Brenda probably happy to get rid after recent events.

Did seem a little like that tbh, he was very serious looking and sounding when he said it .

Undoubtedly Suerez is a footballing genius, obviously has issues. The press in England certainly Will not let up after recent events, a move away probably best for both parties. If they get 70 million for him not bad going, though i suspect his recent antics could effect his value.

So frustrating though because Suarez is worth more on footballing ability than Gareth bale its just a shame he's an absolute loon!

Watched a interview with Suerez earlier, admittedly translated, though appears he sees nothing wrong with what he has done. if i bit a fellow co worker i would be sacked, be interesting to see how FIFA respond. According to FIFA mandate could be a 2 year world wide ban as maximum punishment.

I can't even defend him anymore. On one hand you have one of the very best most gifted sportsmen on the planet and on the other we have a 1 year old trapped in a grown man's body.
    I wouldn't be suprised if Brendan has tired of defending the indefensible. It's all the more infuriating when he comes out in public acting like an infant with his gooey stare and pet lip. 2 years would be ridiculous but the man really does need help.
    I have worked with people with mental health problems, and you can say on one side that he needs counseling. Though sometimes something is inherent in someone's nature, for what ever reason he reacts the way he does. i can guess why he does. It appears to be a instinctive reaction when threatened, though the fact he tried it a year ago on same player suggests possible premedltated action. Though its a obvious problem that could destroy an exceptional players career.
    Will be stunned if Suarez does not get some sort of ban?
    RogueAgent wrote:

don't be stunned, he has got a serious ban one that even hurts his current employer Liverpool. They cannot use him for another 4 months, the good news is he has not got any interland obligations for some time.
    Man united set to announce signing of Herrera for 36 million euros. Yay! at last a creative box to box player.
    Wow. FIFA actually take serious action for once. Let's see what happens though when Uruguay lodge the inevitable appeal.
    Wow. FIFA actually take serious action for once. Let's see what happens though when Uruguay lodge the inevitable appeal.

Nothing Uruguay will be out of the tournament unless they beat Colombia without Suarez in that case kudos to them.
    I am surprised that Uruguay would even think of lodging a complaint as his behavior is totally off the chart in any game.
    British soccer star David Beckham and his
    permanently camera-ready wife on us a few
    years ago?

Had to laugh when i read the above. I am guessing not a fan of soccer lol
    SaintMark wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

don't be stunned, he has got a serious ban one that even hurts his current employer Liverpool. They cannot use him for another 4 months, the good news is he has not got any interland obligations for some time.

Liverpool must be taring their hair out at this latest debacle! ~X( I wonder what that will equate too in Premier League fixtures missed for the new season?
    On a seperate note my best buddy informed me earlier today that Robert Snodgrass is in talks to join Hull FC? If true good luck to him and thanks for your service at Norwich. I believe this will be the beginning of the exodus! :-q
    British soccer star David Beckham and his
    permanently camera-ready wife on us a few
    years ago?

Had to laugh when i read the above. I am guessing not a fan of soccer lol

She works for FOX News. Nothing more needs to be said really.

This woman's opinion would mark her a total loony on the European side of the Atlantic, in the US she is considered smart by Fox and the tea party folks.

And it is FOOTBALL daft cow and like the name says you play it with feet.
    Stevie G announcing his retirement from international duty can only be a good thing for LFC.
    It will be interesting to see how we go this season without the goals of Jaws. ;))

001 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how we go this season without the goals of Jaws. ;))

Barcelona president Bartolomeu to director of sports Zubizaretta before the transfer:

"Well, if you can get him!" ;)
    DCisared wrote: »
    Stevie G announcing his retirement from international duty can only be a good thing for LFC.

And for England..he has been shit in 8 out of 10 games....

barryt007 wrote: »
    DCisared wrote: »

And for England..he has been shit in 8 out of 10 games....

Like near enough all of the players picked to play for england. Shit managers with shit tactics produce shit performances.
    Gerrard retiring or quiting which ever way you want to view it, is the right decision. He has been largely ineffective for some time for England, though agree @DCisared so has every other England player to be honest. just not psychologically up to it for a what ever reasons.
    Don't blame him for calling it a day on the international front! On a lighter note? Norwich winning 13-0!!! :-O Then i saw who they were playing! :D :)) ;)
    Man united won 7 - 0 then i saw who were we playing. lol
    I read today Lampard maybe looking at a loan deal to Man City as it is the same owner's of his new MLS club team? I am sure that will not impress a few Chelsea fans?
    United looking decent, beating Real Madrid 3 - 1 in front of record crowd stateside.
    United looking decent, beating Real Madrid 3 - 1 in front of record crowd stateside.

Seriously? I checked all my stations and no one was airing the game until an hour from now.
    Fail, cable companies. Fail...

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I read today Lampard maybe looking at a loan deal to Man City as it is the same owner's of his new MLS club team? I am sure that will not impress a few Chelsea fans?

Can't say I'm overly thrilled to think of Frank playing for City. He'll forever be Blue in the hearts of Chelsea fans. A legend of the club.
    If Pellegrini wants to use him for part of the season then he can. If it's just to stir Jose up...good luck.

Blimey? I just realised that by this time next week will have our first loss of the season!!! X_X :)) ;)
    Blimey? I just realised that by this time next week will have our first loss of the season!!! X_X :)) ;)

You couldn't have been more right eh @RogueAgent? ;-) :-bd

You couldn't have been more right eh @RogueAgent? ;-) :-bd

On somethings i do not scare myself when i get them right Willy! :)) ;) I love my team through thick and thin. And i am afraid i believe that they still have the wrong man in charge!
    edited August 2014 Posts: 1,575
    New players,new managers in the epl makes for another interesting and exciting season don't you think chaps and chappets. :)>-
    Good news
    I am back from my sabbatical summer and
    Not long till the new season
    Let's hope we can get off to a flyer
    Good luck to Norwich next year
    Will miss the 6 points!