Sean Bean reveals he still has the Omega watch used in GoldenEye

marketto007marketto007 Brazil
in Actors Posts: 3,277
Promoting the new series "Legends" in a AMA (Ask Me Anything) session, Sean Bean has revealed he still has the watch worn by him in GoldenEye.

http://jamesbondbrasil.com/2014/08/sean-bean-revela-que-ainda-tem-o-relogio-omega-que-usou-no-filme-007-contra-goldeneye

Tip: To read the article in english, spanish, french or german, just choose the language in the sidebar menu. :)

ZXOSe5H.jpg

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    That's good to hear and interesting to know. Thanks Marketto.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2cp9ol/hello_its_sean_bean_a_legend_on_legends_ama/

Here's his full AMA. He sounds like really fun guy actually, a guy that you would like to meet in a bar and have a pint with him.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    image-13.jpg

But seriously, I'm pleasantly surprised he got to keep it and has kept it all this time. Terrific actor.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Yes, Sean Bean is a legend. Glad he still has ties to GoldenEye.
    dragonsky wrote:
    He sounds like really fun guy actually, a guy that you would like to meet in a bar and have a pint with him.
    Um... Isn't he known for getting into fights in pubs?

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Then pray he's on your side. I could definitely imagine sitting in a pub having a drink and listening to his stories. Seems like a cool enough guy.
  • That's why Sean Bean is awesome. Men today are too feminine. Go into town and you'll see blokes with more product in their hair than their girlfriends. You'll see blokes walking around in skinny jeans and pink tops. Todays big film stars look like they're straight out of a boy band (compare Clint Eastwood and Sean Connery to Zac Effron or someone). Men are getting softer too, even Daniel Craig (who I've always thought seemed tough) cried listening to Skyfall.

Sean Bean though is a proper man. He doesn't use beauty products or anything like that, instead he looks really rugged. He drinks loads, he drives a jeep and he's meant to be quite hard too (apparently he got glassed during a fight in a pub a year or two ago but he just asked for a first aid kid and stitched up the wound himself). He's a real mans man and he's an amazing actor too.

Can't wait to see this new show he's in.
    Have always liked Bean, going back to the Sharpe days.

Perhaps he finishes a lot more pub fights than he starts. (I can imagine the crap any celebrity has to deal with from drunken civilians.)

But it's still more prudent to walk away from potential altercations... Look what happened to Oliver Reed. (Didn't he get that prominent facial scar from a pub fight? That scar didn't help his career any.)
    That's why Sean Bean is awesome. Men today are too feminine. Go into town and you'll see blokes with more product in their hair than their girlfriends. You'll see blokes walking around in skinny jeans and pink tops. Todays big film stars look like they're straight out of a boy band (compare Clint Eastwood and Sean Connery to Zac Effron or someone). Men are getting softer too, even Daniel Craig (who I've always thought seemed tough) cried listening to Skyfall.

Sean Bean though is a proper man. He doesn't use beauty products or anything like that, instead he looks really rugged. He drinks loads, he drives a jeep and he's meant to be quite hard too (apparently he got glassed during a fight in a pub a year or two ago but he just asked for a first aid kid and stitched up the wound himself). He's a real mans man and he's an amazing actor too.

Can't wait to see this new show he's in.

Have you seen "Accused"?
    ;)
  • :)) yeah I saw that. That just shows how good an actor he is though, playing a character so different to himself.
    I remember him in 'Caravaggio'
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 13,936
    Thanks @marketto007. That was nice of them to offer him a watch. I think I read elsewhere that Pierce still has one (or perhaps more) of his Omegas from the films. Not sure whether it was a new watch or a screen-used prop though. All I know is he doesn't have the screen-used LED watch from TWINE, as a member on one of the Bond forums owns it. :!!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That's so cool of him, thanks for posting that, Marketto.

Here's one of my favorite Bond related interviews with Sean Bean, where he discusses what it was like to play a Bond villain, and what he thought of Daniel Craig (since he's worked with him before. Internet cookie to the first person to figure out what they worked together on!) He doesn't answer the question proposed, but he seems so down-to-earth and eager to talk about it.

A fellow Sheffielder! That Yorkshire accent is very strong indeed! Hard to believe it's the same voice of Alec Trevelyan!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    For a lot of actors who have gone onto other things with success, many of them still hold their role in Bond in high regard years later. It's wonderful to see them proud of their association with this series after so much time has passed but I suppose with it lasting for so long, how could one not be, at least in some way.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    You can tell how much Bean loved playing 006 and enjoyed getting to put his mark on the Bond series, just by how much he remembers and states right off the bat. He's very passionate with talking about it.
    To be fair if i had ever worked on a Bond movie? I would grab as many keepsakes as i could!!! :bz
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    To be fair if i had ever worked on a Bond movie? I would grab as many keepsakes as i could!!! :bz

I've got my very own mines From GoldenEye.....Kinda. ;)
    goldeneye_mines_wip_3__by_comandercool22-d6mkgy6.jpg

Though anyone could since they were made from PC joysticks.
    ss-goldeneye-remote-mines.png
    20120805_135901_resized.jpg