Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    What a loss, RIP Rik. I loved 'Drop Dead Fred' so much when I first saw it.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I am at a loss for words.
    RIP Rik Mayall
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2014 Posts: 4,456
    Weird thing be that within 1 hour later after the news about his death, there be parodie/spoof song from The Young Ones from him on a sport program that the English not have trust about the soccer play. I only heard from this guy from the original song from them where moost people know him from i believe and that he whas ask to play that joker figure in Harry Potter before there deside to cancel chacter. 56 years old, not very old and there not tell how he died.

Rip..
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 11,189
    barryt007 wrote:
    I love Guest House Paradiso and Bottom.

Rik and Ade were considering a last hurrah for Richie and Eddie,in a retirement home,for one last series.

Same here, puerile filth but so so watchable. I hadn't seen Guest House Paradiso for so long, but I just watched the Kitchen fight. :))

RIP Rik

I always laugh at that fight. I know its wrong :(

This is my second favourite fight in a kitchen though. Can you guess what the first is @Major? ;)
  • Kevin Turvey has gone...grew up with him and his mates - the young ones - bottom, b'stard, flash hard....very funny man. thank you dude wherever you are, you made my teenage years funny.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited June 2014 Posts: 17,845
    Very sad news about Rik Mayall's untimely death at 56 years (the same as Ian Fleming). I enjoyed his character Alan B*stard of The New Statesman.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 3,144
    One of the people that could make me cry with laughter there's no one like Rik Mayall RIP.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 17,845
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    One of the people that could make me cry with laughter there's no one like Rik Mayall RIP.

It actually said on Sky News that his writing partner and him almost died with laughter writing the stuff! Here's the quote in fact:

In a statement, [Abe] Edmondson said "There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing. They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him.

"And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish b

."
    Here's Guest House Paradiso, the full movie. Utter trash :))

I have all of the Young Ones,Bottom,Bottom Live and Guest House Paradiso on DVD so at least Rik will never be too far away.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,894
    BAIN123 wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:
    I love Guest House Paradiso and Bottom.

Rik and Ade were considering a last hurrah for Richie and Eddie,in a retirement home,for one last series.

Same here, puerile filth but so so watchable. I hadn't seen Guest House Paradiso for so long, but I just watched the Kitchen fight. :))

RIP Rik

I always laugh at that fight. I know its wrong :(

This is my second favourite fight in a kitchen though. Can you guess what the first is @Major? ;)

There's no need to feel wrong for laughing at that fight, I suspect that was the point. Mayall & Edmonson probably laughed their arses of when they they were writing it.

As for the best Kitchen Fight, hhmm... can you give me a clue?
    I'm guessing that the best kitchen fight might have a milk bottle or two in it ! A Major.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    What else? One of my favourite fights in the series, and yet, it doesn't even feature Bond. It's a damn shame that Dalton never got a fight with that kind of vicious energy.
    Rik Mayall might have made a good Bond villain in David Dragonpol it occurs to me now.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Too too sad. It's testament enough to the man that two very brief appearances in the Blackadder series', which probably totaled between 5 and 10 minutes can be remembered so vividly by everyone.

I remember a TV film he made with Helena Bonheim Carter where he played a man on a stag do who falls in love with a stripper (Carter). It was funny but it was so moving and Rik really showed his acting chops.

Gutted
    NicNac wrote:
    Too too sad. It's testament enough to the man that two very brief appearances in the Blackadder series', which probably totaled between 5 and 10 minutes can be remembered so vividly by everyone.

I remember a TV film he made with Helena Bonheim Carter where he played a man on a stag do who falls in love with a stripper (Carter). It was funny but it was so moving and Rik really showed his acting chops.

Gutted

Dancing Queen if my memory serves me well with a young HBC and a verry young Martin Clunes I probably have it recorded on VHS somewhere I will dig it out and give it a watch by way of a tribuite to Rik.

• Missed opportunity?

The incredible Ruby Dee has passed away at the age of 91. I haven't seen her in a lot, but her performance in 'American Gangster' is truly talented and emotional.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    American radio personality, host of American Top 40 and the voice of Shaggy, casey Kasem passed away at 82.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/15/showbiz/casey-kasem-obit/index.html
    Thanks to Rik Mayall and Ade, the first time my mother laughed after my fathers death was during an episode of bottom, she nearly choked on a piece of toast!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27859814

I also remember him playing a bad guy alongside Roger Moore in Crossplot.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 11,189
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27859814

I also remember him playing a bad guy alongside Roger Moore in Crossplot.

Captain Scarlett was undoubtedly my favourite Gerry Anderson show growing up.

Actually brought the DVD boxset a few years ago. Might watch them again as a tribute :(

RIP Paul Metcalfe :(

yogi1 wrote:
    Thanks to Rik Mayall and Ade, the first time my mother laughed after my fathers death was during an episode of bottom, she nearly choked on a piece of toast!

That's touching. Glad Rik was able to cheer your mother up, @yogi1.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Shaggy.jpg

RIP Casey Kasem. Voice acting legend.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Benny wrote:
    Shaggy.jpg

Rest in peace.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited June 2014 Posts: 2,629
    Casey Kasem has reached the stars. RIP.
    RIP, Casey, and thanks for the iconic Shaggy voice!
    RIP, Francis Matthews. I have been meaning to buy the Paul Temple DVD set for a while, I just never got around to it.

Also, RIP Sam Kelly, whom has died aged 70...
    http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/jun/14/sam-kelly-dies-aged-70

My first thought was "Klop".
    Ditto that Major so sad to hear of this I wonder if he will have the small hearse with the small horse RIP Mr Kelly and thanks for all the laughs.
    Benny wrote:
    Shaggy.jpg

A talent who will be sadly missed! RIP.