B23 to be Carte Blanche? And musician revealed?

2»

Comments

• CARTEBLANCH23CARTEBLANCH23 Banned
    So post the correspondence and proof from EON ..........YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE IT !
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    So post the correspondence and proof from EON ..........YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE IT !

Good-bye troll.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Why make an account if you're just going to troll? Don't ruin the experiences for the rest of us.
    I wonder if CARTEBLANCH23 just so happens to be Serbian and is upset that MI6 has questioned Blic's credibility ...
    Darn i was hoping the next time EON would comment it would be announcing something rather then just dismissing something.

Still we have to be close to a press release stating the actors and title right?
    Still we have to be close to a press release stating the actors and title right?
    Define "close". The film isn't set to be released for about eighteen months. EON might decide to keep it all under wraps for the next seventeen.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,352
    Why would EON comment on this story? I thought they had a strict "no comment" policy? If they comment on this they'd be denying other stories all day long.
    Unlike most stories of this ilk - aspiring actors who want a PR grab - this one took root. The MI6 article that reported the denail listed half a dozen websites that picked up the story, and quite a few of them are well-respected. Even the ones that don't have the same level of respect probably have thousands of readers. So unlike the tabloids promoting some non-name D-cup wannbe actor as the Bond Girl, people started to take this seriously. EON broke their own policy to stop people from believing it.
    People will still believe the story though, I've already seen some sites call Bond 23, Carte Blanche. I doubt the official confirmation will stop anyone reporting it. At least the truth is now out there, for those who want it.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I bet EON will release a official Press Release on September regarding Bardem's role, and on this press release they'll clarify the Carte Blanche bogus.

xxx
    I bet EON will release a official Press Release on September regarding Bardem's role,
    I still think October and it'll be mere days before filming begins. The same goes for the rest of the cast.
    and on this press release they'll clarify the Carte Blanche bogus.
    No need. That's already been done.
    I think the press conference (with official cast & title announcement) will be in November, a few weeks after filming starts. They will probably want to show some behind the scenes footage to the press, like they did last time when they had a press conference for QOS.
    Hopefully we'll get the title then too...

I think I'll be truely excited when i see the first picture from bond 23 offical or other wise.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I really, REALLY miss the Brosnan Era advertisement before a new movie begins shooting.

Do you guys remember before the shooting begins of TWINE, EON released two types of images. One displaying Bond hand with PPK with 1999 date on it, and the other showing Brosnan in a Bond pose, with a red/pink background. With TND they also did trailers taglined as NOW SHOOTING AROUND THE GLOBE. They didn't do this on any Craig film, only Teaser Posters.

I miss that! :(

xxx
  • It does make you wonder: If EON shot down this rumor because it was getting spread around to much, does that make the Bardem/Fiennes rumor more credible? Those have travelled through the internet fast, and haven't been shot down.
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,352
    I think the press conference (with official cast & title announcement) will be in November, a few weeks after filming starts. They will probably want to show some behind the scenes footage to the press, like they did last time when they had a press conference for QOS.
    The only problem with that would be we'd know who's in the film before they've been announced.

Maybe the cast will be revealed as filming begins with the title unveiled at the press conference a few weeks afterwards? And like you say, some footage will no doubt be shown.

For Quantum Of Solace we got this. Brings back memories:

It does make you wonder: If EON shot down this rumor because it was getting spread around to much, does that make the Bardem/Fiennes rumor more credible? Those have travelled through the internet fast, and haven't been shot down.
    Reliable sources have reported on both Bardem and Fiennes. They're very likely not rumours and do have a part in Bond 23, or if not are finalising their details.

The only reason the Carte Blanche rumour was shot down was because it gave free publicity to Jelena Mihailovic - some so "famous" she doesn't even have a Wikipedia page.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 9,808
    well we are at that wonderful point in the build up where each week (if not each day) give us new news and new rumors. The fact that we have a location confirmed is exciting enough.

September will fly by and pretty soon we'll get leaked pics from the set and perhaps official pics soon enough.

the musician in question quite attractive and talented but there are better ways to put yourself out in the world then create fake rumors your associated with 007.
  • God forbid any original material is used. Can't think why!
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    MI6 is 'scarily well-informed'

http://www.periscopepost.com/2011/09/top-5-things-we-already-know-about-bond-23-the-next-james-bond-film/

Perhaps one of the more interesting endorsements we've had.
  • I do look forward to seeing what they can put together when this film is eventually released in about 15 months time, it seems such a long way off until release date that all talk seems a bit premature, although I appreciate people will have their ideas of what they want to see and want to gather bits of information as all the pieces are put together.

It's difficult sometimes as I'm generally one for being kept in the dark about all that may happen and going along with minimum knowledge and just sitting back and letting events unfold. From a personal level, the last release was a let down but I will be back for the next feature, for all the time and high expectations involved it should be an improvement on the last Bond release.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    got to love them Serbian newspaper

weren't they one who announced that Serbian actor (can't remember his freaking name now) was the new Bond in 2005?
  • you can't have a Serbian Bond. :-S

Welsh, Irish, fair enough, but 007 from Serbia?, just doesn't sound right
  • got to love them Serbian newspaper

weren't they one who announced that Serbian actor (can't remember his freaking name now) was the new Bond in 2005?
    Though he's Croatian, are you perhaps thinking of Goran Visnjic?
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    got to love them Serbian newspaper

Though he's Croatian, are you perhaps thinking of Goran Visnjic?
    yes, that's him.... sorry I couldn't remember what nationality he is

i remember people said he looked Connery.

http://www.periscopepost.com/2011/09/top-5-things-we-already-know-about-bond-23-the-next-james-bond-film/

Some great publicity there for sure, though!

Oh and I like how the article says, '5 things we KNOW'...one of them is Ralph Fiennes 'MIGHT' be in it.

In that case, Daniel Craig MIGHT be fired, too. ;-)
    You guys are scarily informed I have had quite a few mods pm me saying "Put your bloody pants on before you visit this site!"

lol

Some great publicity there for sure, though!

Oh and I like how the article says, '5 things we KNOW'...one of them is Ralph Fiennes 'MIGHT' be in it.

In that case, Daniel Craig MIGHT be fired, too. ;-)
    I saw that at some point and was hoping @JamesPage would pick up on it. Indeed a great endorsement that should make MI6 proud.

Yes, the it might star Ralph Fiennes is rather weak. I think they were struggling to come up with five things we know. ;-)
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 110
    yes, that's him.... sorry I couldn't remember what nationality he is
    No worries; I knew who you meant, but I myself had to look him up on Wikipedia to find/rediscover his nationality!