Who is YOUR favorite Bond girl, and why?

Comments

• SmithersSmithers Bandit Country
    edited April 2014 Posts: 48
    I have to say that from the first moment I saw Tracy I was blown away and still to this day she is my perfect Bond girl. Stunningly beautiful, resourceful, tough, but yet strangely fragile. Diana Rigg who played her has grown old disgracefully, not being lifted or stretched in any way and still a terrific actress who admits that a moment in Bond and fun as an Avenger achieved more than a lifetime in Shakespeare could ever have done, even though she was incredibly well qualified in that genre. (Unlike many other Bond Girls!)
    As for the rest, Kara for her vulnerability (although she needs a few more pounds as she is painfully thin) Pam Bouvier for her ability to bring the right weapon to a party, and Wai Lin for her ability to co-operate with an agent from a corrupt western power! Finally, there is Vesper, the beautiful statistiton with a head and a body for figures. Eva Green as Vesper is possibly the most beatiful woman of the 21st Century on celluloid and added to the fact she adds depth to the role proving she isn't just a pretty face (pretty everything actually!) makes a very compelling reason as to why she is my number 2 after Tracy.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited April 2014 Posts: 11,139
    Fiona Volpe would be at the top of my list; easily. She's just so erotically charged and looks like the only Bond girl who'd actually do some work and freaky things under, in between and on too of the sheets. Heck, we wouldn't even need a bed. Just do it on the floor or up against a wall or something. The woman is raw sex on legs.

71a2e96c2c73f1bbe563bdc090fbe46f.jpg

LucianaPaluzzi0411c.jpg

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love Fiona too. She was that first great femme fatale/dangerous woman in the Bond series who really showed 007 that she wasn't to be trifled with. I love when she sleeps with Bond to give him the hopes that she'll turn a new leaf, but doesn't give him the satisfaction of it. This scene alone where she plays him like a fiddle shows just how awesome Fiona is:

Fiona: "But of course, I forgot your ego, Mr. Bond. James Bond, the one where he has to make love to a woman, and she starts to hear heavenly choirs singing. She repents, and turns to the side of right and virtue...
    [she steps on Bond's foot]
    ... but not this one!"
    Domino....because she is a goddess!
    So... we can only choose one? Bond had like 23 movies, how many Bond girls did he surely sleep with? How many did he probably sleep with? He has variety but we have to choose one, that's not fair!

Okay, apart from that, I really don't know. Fiona Volpe, a true femme fatale. But I have a thing for Tatiana as well, her innocence and beauty. Even minor ones like Miss Taro or Silvia Trench.
    Pure sexiness ; Fiona Volpe.
    Quirkiness ; Mata Bond from CR - 67
  • Naomi....how many times in real life when you meet an industrialist you would be greeted by a woman in bikinis and high heels?? And later try to shoot you down in a helicopter?
    I think Olga Kurylenko as Camille is becoming my new favourite Bond Girl.
    I keep an eye out for any Olga movie I might stumble across.
    Really like her work in the Tom Cruise sci-fi Oblivion.
    Olga is smokey sultry in QoS.
  • Strawberry Fields

She is beautiful, smart and all in all the ultimate Bond girl!
  • I don't really have a favourite... But I really like Natalya from GE, Wai Lin from TND and Miranda Frost from DAD...
  • toutes belle et une nouvelle l' actrice et chanteuse française lorie. mercy
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 1,631
    Pam. Gorgeous and the one "Bond equal" that actually manages to live up to the billing.

Vesper and Domino would be strong contenders for the top spot as well.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 40
    So.. before the Craig Era for me the favourite Girls were Pam Bouvier and Kara from TLD. Not because they appear in the Dalton flicks - for me they both are outstanding character girls. Kara`s a lovely, shy, trustable and sweet Girl who had to get help.. a little like Tatjana from GoldenEye also a candidate..
    Pam from LTK on the other hand is confident and strong, she knows her business and dont need some help in anyway - even she makes a great team (and couple) with Daltons Bond.

In newer times i prefer Vesper Lynd. Strong, perhaps could be dangerous, very beautiful and mysterious and the most important thing: intelligent. A real equal to Bond - and her appearing in one of the most perfect directed movies makes her my new favorite..

After all its like Ludovico said: its not fair.. there are too many
    What? nobody...NOBODY likes Rosa Klebb or Irma Bunt???
    From the Brosnan era it's definitely 'Xenia Onatopp'. Famke done a fantastic job in my opinion and I will defend her to the death! :)

Although her part was quite short and sweet, 'Sévérine' was such a tragic character and in some (possibly deranged) way I was attracted to that... and I am certainly attracted to Bérénice Marlohe.
    MrSilva wrote:
    From the Brosnan era it's definitely 'Xenia Onatopp'. Famke done a fantastic job in my opinion and I will defend her to the death! :)

Although her part was quite short and sweet, 'Sévérine' was such a tragic character and in some (possibly deranged) way I was attracted to that... and I am certainly attracted to Bérénice Marlohe.

The 1990's weren't the best for Bond girls from my perspective, although realize many people have the Simonova character as something of a favorite, but she never really did anything for this viewer. I'd usually pick Yeoh's Wai Lin as the best of the Brosnan tenure and no see no reason to change this time

As always, Seymour's Solitaire takes the honors, in that she's so beautiful and has that mysterious quantity with it. Fiona Volpe, Amasova, Honey Ryder and Montes, not far behind once again

• Camille. She was psychologically the most similar to Bond and physically too without stealing the show or trying to use her looks to make-up for a lack of talent like most past Bond ladies. Plus for a second I was upset when Greene laughed and Bond thought she was shot.
  • timmer wrote:
    I think Olga Kurylenko as Camille is becoming my new favourite Bond Girl.
    I keep an eye out for any Olga movie I might stumble across.
    Really like her work in the Tom Cruise sci-fi Oblivion.
    Olga is smokey sultry in QoS.

The promos from Oblivion remind me of the deserts which Bond and Camille wqlj through in QoS..Of all the Bond ladies, Olga's post-Bond career has shot upward.

This is really hard. For the moment I'll go with...

Tatiana Romanova.

She was really the first Bond girl I was exposed to and I really love the train scenes with her and Bond. I'm kind of a sucker for train scenes in films anyway, even without fights, it could just be two people talking and will make a movie more awesome for me.
    I'll probably get stoned for this, but my favorite Bond girl is definitely Stacey Sutton. I know there's the argument that Roberts wasn't believable as a geologist, but honestly, I feel that she was ten times more believable as a geologist than Denise Richards was as a nuclear scientist (though I don't mind Richards' casting as much as some others do.) Either way, I've always loved Stacey. I mean, she's very mysterious in ways, particularly when her and Bond first meet, and he says something along the lines of "You didn't say what part of the state you come from, Miss...?" and she responds with "No, I didn't." And I always thought it was extremely brave of her to threaten Bond with a shotgun when he broke into her house. That whole fight scene in her home was pretty fun, because even though Bond was doing most of the hard work, Stacey got a few good shots in. I've heard many people complain that she was often helpless, but to me, it felt more realistic that way. I mean, I would definitely be screaming for help if I was hanging in a flaming elevator shaft. And finally, Tanya Roberts, to me, is one of the most beautiful women on earth, so there's that.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited May 2014 Posts: 5,080
    JennyFlex wrote:
    I'll probably get stoned for this, but my favorite Bond girl is definitely Stacey Sutton. I know there's the argument that Roberts wasn't believable as a geologist, but honestly, I feel that she was ten times more believable as a geologist than Denise Richards was as a nuclear scientist (though I don't mind Richards' casting as much as some others do.) Either way, I've always loved Stacey. I mean, she's very mysterious in ways, particularly when her and Bond first meet, and he says something along the lines of "You didn't say what part of the state you come from, Miss...?" and she responds with "No, I didn't." And I always thought it was extremely brave of her to threaten Bond with a shotgun when he broke into her house. That whole fight scene in her home was pretty fun, because even though Bond was doing most of the hard work, Stacey got a few good shots in. I've heard many people complain that she was often helpless, but to me, it felt more realistic that way. I mean, I would definitely be screaming for help if I was hanging in a flaming elevator shaft. And finally, Tanya Roberts, to me, is one of the most beautiful women on earth, so there's that.

Welcome aboard, @JennyFlex! Are you are fan of AVTAK? You might want to introduce yourself here- http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/13

Mayday is reunited with Jenny!

You aren't alone! I like Stacey, too, a lot more than some people. She is certainly not as bad as Jinx, Jones or Goodnight, or as bad some people make her out to be. She is a solid character, with a good background and, surprisingly, has good chemistry with Moore.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 251

You aren't alone! I like Stacey, too, a lot more than some people. She is certainly not as bad as Jinx, Jones or Goodnight, or as bad some people make her out to be. She is a solid character, with a good background and, surprisingly, has good chemistry with Moore.

Thank you for making me not feel alone, Mayday!

JennyFlex wrote:

Thanks for making me not feel alone, Mayday!

My pleasure. I'll always defend Stacey Sutton and AVTAK, I've got a soft spot for both!
    I didn't particularly mind Stacy in AVTAK... until she starded screaming and wining like a hopeless teenager about halfway through the film! It's a shame as it completely ruines the character's credibility and her overall impression on me. I'm sorry. I don't know who's idea it was, or why her excessive screaming wasn't picked on during filming. Jinx, Jones and Mary are all annoying in their own way, but at least they don't make my ears bleed! (Except for some of their woefull lines, maybe...)
    edited May 2014 Posts: 5,080
    jobo wrote:
    I didn't particularly mind Stacy in AVTAK... until she starded screaming and wining like a hopeless teenager about halfway through the film! It's a shame as it completely ruines the character's credibility and her overall impression on me. I'm sorry. I don't know who's idea it was, or why her excessive screaming wasn't picked on during filming. Jinx, Jones and Mary are all annoying in their own way, but at least they don't make my ears bleed! (Except for some of their woefull lines, maybe...)

Her screams never bothered me too much. Although Goodnight did not scream, complete stupidity takes it's place. She is totally inept, and it is VERY hard to believe that she would have been accepted into the British Secret Service.

With Jinx, her whole character is deplorable. Berry's acting and horrific dialogue make for bad viewing, and that "Yo momma" line is unforgivable.

Jones, as has been said a million times before, is completely unconvincing as a nuclear physicist. Richard's acting is also a bit poor, and her character is lacklustre.

This also happens to be my 1000th post on this forum!
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 7,500

Congratulations! =D>
    Although Goodnight did not scream, complete stupidity takes it's place. She is totally inept, and it is VERY hard to believe that she would have been accepted into the British Secret Service.

With Jinx, her whole character is deplorable. Berry's acting and horrific dialogue make for bad viewing, and that "Yo momma" line is unforgivable.

Jones, as has been said a million times before, is completely unconvincing as a nuclear physicist. Richard's acting is also a bit poor, and her character is lacklustre.

Agree on these points. These girls mentioned definitely represent the worst in the series. I do hope we never get one of those again... Unfortunately though, I consider Stacy to be among them on the "dishounorable mention list".
    jobo wrote:

Congratulations! =D>
    Although Goodnight did not scream, complete stupidity takes it's place. She is totally inept, and it is VERY hard to believe that she would have been accepted into the British Secret Service.

Agree on these points. These girls mentioned definitely represent the worst in the series. I do hope we never get one of those again... Unfortunately though, I consider Stacy to be among them on the "dishounorable mention list".

I can see why people don't like the character of Sutton, it's just that I have a soft spot for her!

I think we've had a solid run of Bond girls in the Craig tenure, and I just hope that in Bond 24 that she will have more scenes than in Skyfall.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It's hard for me to enjoy Stacey over all the shouts of "JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES!" Get that girl some duck tape.
    Domino TB absolutely gorgeous, sexy in a very subtle way.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    It's hard for me to enjoy Stacey over all the shouts of "JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! JAMES!" Get that girl some duck tape.
    You'll need to give her very best duck tape ;)