What will A Bond Movie Be Like In Fourty Years Time?

chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
edited April 2014 in General Discussion Posts: 17,696
Last time I watched DAD, I was wondering this (all the DNA, laser & Robosuit stuff). Bond movies have a history of being sort of technology saavy/predictive (A LASER in 1964?!), and I was wondering just how long it would be before Bond is firing a Walther energy PPK-L? Chasing maladjusted androids? Investigating murders & mutants on Moonbase?
Or will Bond movies go retro, and become something like what Indiana Jones was to us as kids? In the middle of this Century the latter 20th will be pretty frickin' ancient, & ripe for period-piece storytelling.

Thoughts?

Comments

I have no idea. I guess probably dated to some extent, like most other entertainment. At least we'll always have the classics...
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited April 2014 Posts: 17,696
    Murdock wrote:
    Chris, you made a similar thread! :))
    I thought I did, but I couldn't find it in a search. However, this is a slightly different take as it's asking whether Bond will advance with the times, or go back to the past to tell stories. That thread was about future times we will definitely not live to see.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited April 2014 Posts: 23,618
    It will star Justin Bieber, looking ten years older than this:

justin_bieber_30_years_later_by_hannahapplepie123-d5h95hi.jpg

He will play the rebooted version of Victor Tounjanski's immortal 'Man with Bottle' persona.
    Personally, I think Bond will go period-piece. Faithful novel-based films for the most part. Very film-noir.
    No Bieber.
    @Birdleson , you're not really older than I am. You could see a Bond # 40...
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I hope I'm around to find out.
    @Birdleson / @Kerim We'll be there at Bond #35 then! B-)
    A few spitballed scenarios.

Bond becomes an agent of a newly reformed European Union, serving the interests of that region of the world rather than just His Majesty.

The idea of a Russian radical makes its way back into a film.

England has to react the the fall of the Chinese empire.

Bond is used as a behind-enemy-lines soldier for some to-come England war effort in South America / Asia.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    With CGI you can do anything! =))
    GSCVk5Z.jpg
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 28
    Dimi i am worried for you always talking about Justin biebe..........are you okay friend?
    edited April 2014 Posts: 16,333
    Birdleson wrote:
    Then trim that fucking chin. Jesus.
    I'm happy with how I look. I don't know about you, but I'm not about "Altering" my image to make myself look easier on the eyes. I am who I am. What you see is what you get.
    That was a disrespectful comment with offensive language. I already flagged it.
    Yes, Birdleson's statement was rather mean, but he really did not have a choice. My God, Murdock opened himself up to the comment.
    mrwinty wrote:
    Yes, Birdleson's statement was rather mean, but he really did not have a choice. My God, Murdock opened himself up to the comment.

And who the hell you think you are? 5 post and you are already judging people? What's happening to this forum?
    Don't worry about it @0013, I wasn't offended. I put up with my fair share of it in high school, but even then it didn't phase me. :)>-
    Jesus, 0013, why are you attacking me?
    mrwinty wrote:
    Jesus, 0013, why are you attacking me?

I'm sorry but I have to say that I popped in on this thread and scrolled right to the bottom and when I found this I thought you meant the future of Bond movies would somehow be set in the past in 0013 bc, and Bond would be fighting Jesus. I LOLed for a minute straight :P
    0013 wrote:
    That was a disrespectful comment with offensive language. I already flagged it.

Rockets and flying lasers, laser lotus level type extravaginza I would imagine to go on in 40 years.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    In 40 years we are two decades into the post-EON period as copyrights expire at the year-end 2034. EON can still make Bond movies after that of course, but they will get competition. We could get all sorts of Bond films then. Animated, period-pieces,OTT, dark and gritty, Japanese Bond films etc.
    What sort of Bond film would YOU produce in 2035 if you have the capital for it? I would make true to Fleming movies set in the 50s and 60s myself.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Murdock wrote:
    Come on, guys- surely we don't need two threads for this.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    QBranch wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Come on, guys- surely we don't need two threads for this.

So far we've created duplicate topic, arguing and no real reason to keep this open.
    Why do we care what happens to Bond in forty years?
    Let's worry about what happens to him in Bond 24 first. Trying to see so far into the future seems like an utter waste of time. But mostly it results in spam and arguing.
    If anyone can come up with a valid reason to, the we can reopen it.

This discussion has been closed.