Members we miss

Comments

Oh yes, the legendary Kerim wit... we surely miss him!
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 4,622
    @kerim @stgeorge @luds. @ambler @cjb @shark @princekamalkhan
    @shadowonsun He does know his Bond. And of course others. Too many to name.
    Although some of these guys I am sure will pop-in again.
    Meantime, there are no shortage of members here to talk Bond with, or discuss other "pressing" matters of the day.
  • That's Shark. Largo's Shark. He posts here occasionally. Very occasionally. Top-notch poster, no doubt.

Then there's Commander James Bond, or CJB. One of my all-time favorites.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    That's Shark. Largo's Shark. He posts here occasionally. Very occasionally. Top-notch poster, no doubt.

Despite all the spiteful things he said about this forum...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2014 Posts: 17,919
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Continuing my appreciation for Kerim this morning, I want to add that I never read his posts and thought he was contentious, overbearing, goading someone else, pretentious, angry, priggish, or mean-spirited. Kerim had opinions, he participated fully, and besides his wit he gave this community a really warm spirit. He was a great contributor, a genuinely nice and thoughtful poster, with a strong spirit. I wish he were with us, for sure.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Continuing my appreciation for Kerim this morning, I want to add that I never read his posts and thought he was contentious, overbearing, goading someone else, pretentious, angry, priggish, or mean-spirited. Kerim had opinions, he participated fully, and besides his wit he gave this community a really warm spirit. He was a great contributor, a genuinely nice and thoughtful poster, with a strong spirit. I wish he were with us, for sure.

Yes, he was one of the wittiest members here. His contributions to the BlofeldCatCapCon were legendary.
  • Sisillius. Hope something bad didn't happen to him. :(

I forgot about Simon, yes, he is also greatly missed by me.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,351
    Sandy wrote:

Yes, he was one of the wittiest members here. His contributions to the BlofeldCatCapCon were legendary.

Another is the person who started that whole thing, @danslittlefinger. I hope he makes a return soon.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,919
    Anyone else remember Hitch? He was into fanfiction on the old fourm, starting a long running thread called 'Let's talk fanfic, says an increasingly inebriated Hitch'?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

Another is the person who started that whole thing, @danslittlefinger. I hope he makes a return soon.

I was going to mention @danslittlefinger. I know he was away a while back because he got surgery done, but then he quickly left again not long after his return to the forum. I hope he's well.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I miss some names from KTBEU which i got to know quite well over the years. One of those members were "Fieldsman". It's too bad that him and all of the other jumped the ship after the transistion.
    Anyone else remember Hitch? He was into fanfiction on the old fourm, starting a long running thread called 'Let's talk fanfic, says an increasingly inebriated Hitch'?

He was over at CBn Forums for many years, but he sadly left due to an article that was highly critical of/derogatory towards Raymond Benson, which appeared on the Main Page over there in 2009. Great guy.
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,351
    From then on he was with us, from 2009 until 2011. I agree, a great poster with many interesting ideas.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    From then on he was with us, from 2009 until 2011. I agree, a great poster with many interesting ideas.

Oh right, so that was where he went! Was he ever a member of the new MI6 Community forums we now inhabit?
    I definitely miss danslittlefinger, too. Very witty, nice guy. I had heard he is other other forum(s) so I am hopeful he will return.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Oh right, so that was where he went! Was he ever a member of the new MI6 Community forums we now inhabit?

No, as @MrBond said he jumped ship straight away for you-know-where. Check out his 11 posts here: @fieldsman.

Some wonderful things were said back then, I wonder if they wish they could take them back? Who knows, who cares.
    edited November 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I was going back and looking at some of Kerim's posts, because he really did make me laugh a lot. Here is his contribution for "which character from Bond movies resembles yourself" (thread just brought up again by @stirrednotshaken; thanks!):

Kerim said (on Jan. 8th 2013) ~
    Connery - Hairy stomach from DAF
    Lazenby - Luck with marriages
    Moore - I was his age in TMWTGG
    Dalton - Hair, or what used to be
    Brosnan - Pain face in certain situations
    Craig - Personality

The Connery bit alone had me rolling ... ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If @Kerim ever does return, he'll likely be shocked to find himself such a community wide celebrity of sorts. But the praise is warranted, as he truly is/was a master of wit and comedic timing.
    I rather hope Kerim reads this thread this week, too.
    I know he's got a lot of reading to catch up on. ;)
    So glad he is back.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I know @thelordflasheart left and I miss him, he was always insightful and thoughtful. I also noticed that @bondsum hasn't posted in a while which is a shame, he seemed like a nice bloke and I always enjoyed his posts. Hope he's alright.
    Definitely! I hope they both return soon.
    Just out of curiosity did anyone miss me while I was away in 2013?
    Having you back, it does begin the show the hole you left @doubleohhseven!
    To those I would of course add @TheWizardOfIce, my double act partner in all things Bond.
    I miss @CrabofDoom , if only for having one of the best usernames on the pages, and of course @StGeorge hasn't been on for a while. There was a member who favored Roger Moore whose name I can't recall, that used to participate on the Character rounds regularly, but haven't seen them around for a long time. @Cipher is another name we don't see anymore, as is @ErnstCat (?) , and sometimes I wonder what became of them
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Having you back, it does begin the show the hole you left @doubleohhseven!

I get the impression my absence didn't leave much of a mark haha. As a wise man once "You can't win em all". But as another wise man once said "It's nice to be missed".
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837

I did wonder what'd happened to you, yeah.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    To those I would of course add @TheWizardOfIce, my double act partner in all things Bond.

Wizard's left?
    edited March 2014 Posts: 17,919

I did wonder what'd happened to you, yeah.
    Dragonpol wrote:

Wizard's left?

Well not left per se, but he says he's "resigned his commission". He's only posted once here in the New Year and that was for Sir Henry's passing. He will no doubt return, but at the moment he's a bit jaded with forums I gather. Anyway, his presence is missed here and I hope he does return after a suitable hiatus.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Wizard posted yesterday! So I hope he is coming back more often again. :)

edit: I now I cannot find the post; I thought he actually had written something. Well, he was on line yesterday, that's a start.