Spectre wish list

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Ludovico wrote:
    Patrick Stewart for Blofeld? He is a very young 73.

I can hear him saying "Mr. Bond" and it gives me a chill.

I'd like no bald actor for Blofeld, make him as different as possible from his previous incarnations.

Birdleson wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Patrick Stewart for Blofeld? He is a very young 73.

I can hear him saying "Mr. Bond" and it gives me a chill.

I'd like no bald actor for Blofeld, make him as different as possible from his previous incarnations.

Stewart is already closely identified with two franchises, I think that weakens the impact to a great degree. And Hopkins has done some major villainy in the past. I'd rather EON be a little more creative in their selection. Get a fine actor who isn't known for playing the bad guy.

I agree. Either an actor who would look like Blofeld in the novels TB or OHMSS. But darn if I know who.
  • I'd like to see part of Bond 24 filmed in the United States, maybe Boston for a change.
    I have three degrees (Law, Economics, English) and chose my username for a reason. So my opinions tend to hold a little more water than most :) I even completed my English dissertation on "Post-colonial manhood in the James Bond novels on Ian Fleming" so yes, I am qualified, thank you.

Let's put it this way - what will we (the viewer) get out of it if Quantum returns? All we get is a movie that would have been a lot more interesting and nostalgic if they'd used SPECTRE. Which, incidentally and optimistically, they now can.

Asking for Quantum's return is like asking for the hover gondola to return. Certainly, it could happen and would technically tie up a loose end (what did Q branch do with the hover gondola they'd invested so much time in?), but who would really benefit?

"Some things are best left underground" - Judi Dench, Die Another Day.

This certainly applies to Quantum.

Regardless of education which I believe in for all?!!! We are all equal on this forum so I would be a little more humble. EVERYONE has an opinion to which you should respect also.
    I want Quantum back.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Instead of a Bond car, how about a Bond bike? He's driven one before but (in the EON films), it's always been a case of him improvising.

I'd like it if in Bond 24, instead of a car, Q issues him with a bike. Triumph have a a great new version of the 800 XC that'd do the job

2014-Triumph-Tiger-800-XC-SE-04.jpg
    Anthony Hopkins as Blofeld.

He was asked to play Carver in TND apparently but turned it down. I'm actually glad. I think he could play a great, menacing Bond villain but as I've watched TND more I've started to really enjoy Pryce in the film. He's a bit hammy but he's really entertaining and you can tell he's having fun, which fits the film well. Hopkins being all serious and threatening would've felt out of place imo.

Well said. I really liked Pryce in TND.

I used to think he was one of the worst Bond villains but I like him more and more every time I watch it. He's hammy and OTT, but that suits the film, and I like how enthusiastic he is. He looks like he's having so much fun and I like that.
    a Bond bike would suit Craig definitely I approve what sort of armaments were you thinking Royale
    Risico007 wrote:
    a Bond bike would suit Craig definitely I approve what sort of armaments were you thinking Royale

Nothing too OTT as it is a Craig film, I'm thinking just front mounted machine guns and a smoke screen.
    We have seen Craig's Bond on a motorbike a number of times though, two movies in a row in fact. So it could be a sort of Craig trademark, then again you might want to leave it until Bond 25, to avoid repetitions.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I don't want to see Bond on a bike. I'm still waiting for an easily visible car chase in which Bond is in the driver's seat. The opening to QoS is amazing but ruined by the awful editing and poor closeups.
  • Bond has been on a bike several times recently if I recall so no more of that at least for the immediate film. (QOS and SF featured bike sequences I believe).

Although I personally don't like the frenetic editing in QOS (the White interrogation - chase transition is damn near impossible to sort out) I quite like the PTS.

I want to see Craig follow in line with the rest of the Bonds' 4th performances: super-confidence. The ease, comfort, and pure confidence that oozed from Connery, Moore, and Brosnan in their 4th outings is what I want to see.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Bond has been on a bike several times recently if I recall so no more of that at least for the immediate film. (QOS and SF featured bike sequences I believe).

Although I personally don't like the frenetic editing in QOS (the White interrogation - chase transition is damn near impossible to sort out) I quite like the PTS.

I want to see Craig follow in line with the rest of the Bonds' 4th performances: super-confidence. The ease, comfort, and pure confidence that oozed from Connery, Moore, and Brosnan in their 4th outings is what I want to see.

Skyfall had Bond on a bike for most of the PTS, and yes, QoS had a bike chase when Bond goes to save Camille. I'd like to see something new, like a ski scene with Dan's Bond. It's a great chance for some amazing cinematography too, with Dan's blue eyes popping out amongst all the white around him.
  • There ya go! Yeah we're due for a ski sequence.
    But in Quantum and Skyfall it wasn't his bike. He improvised. Same in Tomorrow Never Dies. The only time he's actually had a bike given to him is in Never Say Never Again and in Everything Or Nothing (a 30 year old film that most people don't even count, and a video game).

This would be his, it'd be instead of a Bond car and it'd be given to him by Q. Besides, I don't think "there was a motorbike in the last two" is a good reason for not having one. There's been a Bond car in every film since GE (and a few before that) but I'm pretty sure he'll have one in Bond 24.
    I'd like to see something new, like a ski scene with Dan's Bond. It's a great chance for some amazing cinematography too, with Dan's blue eyes popping out amongst all the white around him.
    There ya go! Yeah we're due for a ski sequence.

That seems to be what most people want. I don't really see the appeal if I'm honest. A snow action scene sure but why does it have to be skiing? I'd like it if they did something a bit more inventive than just another ski chase. A member here once suggested driving a car down a ski slope, I think that's a good idea.
  • RC7RC7
    In terms of an alpine scene, I've always dreamt of a wing-suit chase through a mountainous region. Bond chasing down a villain - potential PTS. It's not the first thing that springs to mind for the Craig era, but I think it could be awesome, particularly if the stunts are done for real. Oh and to confirm, I imagine him stealing the suit, in the ilk of OHMSS, as opposed to having some shit Q-Branch thing that he just happens to have with him.
  • I'm not sure about a chase, but I think Bond using a wingsuit to escape could be cool. Maybe have him land on a train or something once he's pulled opened the parachute?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    A couple of things I want to see that I'm including in my fan story is a snowcat chase and a decent underwater sequence complete with fight, reminiscent of the one in FYEO.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    That could have made the parahawks far more interesting. Something like this could be very good indeed and a real highlight of a film, even more so for the opening.

We have not had a snow scene for a while, so maybe it is time for its return.
    QBranch wrote:
    A couple of things I want to see that I'm including in my fan story is a snowcat chase and a decent underwater sequence complete with fight, reminiscent of the one in FYEO.

I'd love a good scuba diving bit, we haven't had a good one of those for ages (I thought the one in TND was very forgettable, although the halo jump was a good stunt). They can look really nice and be really tense if done right.

How about this: Bond is on some tropical island and he needs to get into the villains base which is unreachable by land. But there are some abandoned flooded mineshafts which Bond thinks could provide him with a way in. So he goes out to the sea and scuba dives, eventually getting into the mineshafts, but there's a shark in there. So he has to try and avoid the shark while he tries to swim up the mineshafts. When he's nearly there, lets say the shark attacks him and he manages to fight it off, but this causes the mineshaft to start collapsing, and his oxygen tank gets damaged in the fight with the shark. So he has to quickly swim up, with no scuba gear, before it caves in.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
    And when was the last time we had shark in a film? That appears as very different and almost seems new. A good idea @thelivingroyale. Very workable.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,980
    @thelivingroyale Yeah the HALO jump was epic, but the diving bit was so short and not much happened other than the ship tipping over a bit. I completely forgot about that part. It would be cool to see some sharks again, as they and other water predators are pretty much a staple in Bond films. LTK was the last time, I believe.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    1. GB at the start.
    2. Bond is given his mission by M, flirts with Moneypenny, gets his realistic gadgets from Q. That is it. (I realise it won't be, but this is my wish list..)
    3. Snow!
    4. Bond ends up in the girls arms, like yesteryear, at the end of the movie.
    5. Michael Giacchino - I've been rewatching Alias, and Giacchino really deserves a pop at providing the score.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    And when was the last time we had shark in a film? That appears as very different and almost seems new. A good idea @thelivingroyale. Very workable.

I would love to see sharks in a Bond movie again, my only reservation is that nowadays they would very likely go for CGI sharks for various reasons (budget, security, etc.) and that may get some people angry.
  • What about Christopher Waltz as a villain?
    What about Christopher Waltz as a villain?

I would like to see Christoph Waltz, he has juuuust the right age and right physique, his face is malleable enough too, like Bardem's. My only serious reservation is that he is German and German villains are an uber-cliché. He does not have to play a German badguy of course, but it is difficult with his accent.
  • ManOftheLAWManOftheLAW Banned
    Nice to see a new M so that wish in fulfilled. But what I really wish for, (by the way I have a passion for JUSTICE all my life) is just a singular forward moviing story of James Bond chasing a wily villain and bringing him to justice. A justice not of death (like other films in the franchise) but of good faith.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    But in Quantum and Skyfall it wasn't his bike. He improvised. Same in Tomorrow Never Dies. The only time he's actually had a bike given to him is in Never Say Never Again and in Everything Or Nothing (a 30 year old film that most people don't even count, and a video game).

This would be his, it'd be instead of a Bond car and it'd be given to him by Q. Besides, I don't think "there was a motorbike in the last two" is a good reason for not having one. There's been a Bond car in every film since GE (and a few before that) but I'm pretty sure he'll have one in Bond 24.
    I'd like to see something new, like a ski scene with Dan's Bond. It's a great chance for some amazing cinematography too, with Dan's blue eyes popping out amongst all the white around him.
    There ya go! Yeah we're due for a ski sequence.

That seems to be what most people want. I don't really see the appeal if I'm honest. A snow action scene sure but why does it have to be skiing? I'd like it if they did something a bit more inventive than just another ski chase. A member here once suggested driving a car down a ski slope, I think that's a good idea.

It doesn't have to be skiing, I was just making a suggestion. I just want Dan's Bond to hit the slopes in some fashion, or simply face a wintry climate again (I love the ending of QoS and want more). That Heineken commercial way back for Skyfall whet my appetite for a snowy Bond film.
    Something from the novels: Bond keeping the Bond girl at the end of Bond 24, but a mention of her in 25 explaining why they are no longer together.
  • I'd like to see a return of Sir Fredric Gray and Jaws. I'd love to see another Gray complain to M and Bond how "we're the laughing stock of the international community!" I can imagine how Craig's Bond would react to that.

A new Jaws could really work, especially if they made the character a lot darker without the comedic elements.
    Problem with Jaws is that he was conceived as comedic and his link with Fleming's canon is tenuous at best. I'd rather see a completely original henchman, to avoid comparisons and to fit Craig's tenure better.