Amy Winehouse has died

2»

Comments

• The media I'm watching and reading is devoting FAR more coverage to Oslo than Amy Winehouse...
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited July 2011 Posts: 823
    video clip from her last concert appearance in June 2011 - she was pretty much gone then

wait really? this forum is the first place i heard
    R.I.P.
    too bad she was addicted to drug
    video clip from her last concert appearance in June 2011 - she was pretty much gone then

Serbia is neighbour of my country and there was many ppl from my country that went at the concert.they were really mad cause they paid much money and she was totally lost
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    too bad she was addicted to drug
    Yeah, she was falling apart in the end.

• j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited July 2011 Posts: 823

Serbia is neighbour of my country and there was many ppl from my country that went at the concert.they were really mad cause they paid much money and she was totally lost
    did they not get a refund on the tickets?

• Right NSFW pic; don't know if it's real or not. As this is discussion I thought all info on the topic is relevant - I've ummmed and arrrred on whether to link this pic. So please don't click the link as it will upset some people here. Mods if it is over the line, please take it down asap.

It's supposed to be AW in her flat when they found her.

• j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Right NSFW pic; don't know if it's real or not. As this is discussion I thought all info on the topic is relevant - I've ummmed and arrrred on whether to link this pic. So please don't click the link as it will upset some people here. Mods if it is over the line, please take it down asap.

It's supposed to be AW in her flat when they found her.

what link? I don't see any?

R.I.P. Amy

I hope despite all your pain and suffering and drugs and alcohol addiction and your tortured soul and physical and psychological pain you had to go through,

at one time or another during your tragic short life, you did enjoy a few moments of pure happiness!!

• I decided not to put the pic up as it is in not in good taste and morally not right. I'm sure it'll be up on the net now.

did they not get a refund on the tickets?

nope
    the company that organized the trip to the concert said that it isnt their fault.they said that they already had experience with big stars and all of them were great.they didnt expected that to happen
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I felt really bad watching her last performance - she was completely out of it. I played it last night and my friend said 'Wow, she sounds all over the place.'...but she wasn't even singing, just walking around stage with her hand over her head. Very tragic she couldn't get real help much sooner.
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/amy-winehouse-dies-of-suspected-drug-overdose/821550/

Some more details. Probably drug overdose. As was mentioned here before, not a big surprise.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I wasn't shocked by this but do feel for her family. At least she can't do anymore harm now. RIP Amy,
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Her autopsy is currently underway.
  • Autopsy? Like Muslims, Jews aren't supposed to have them. The practice of routine autopsies is contrary to Jewish law, since autopsies are viewed as a desecration of the body. In most cases, when an autopsy is recommended, the family can refuse.

This sort thing reminds me how close the two faiths are and yet they don't get on, i think people have forgotten the message and worship the creeds.

Q - Elton singing Candle under the....

• I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that she wasn't a practicing Jew...

There are a few Jews I know who think of being Jewish as a "background" like ethnicity, not a religion. In the same way that I know several people who say that they are "Catholic" even though they are atheist! It has no real bearing on their lives or identity, it's just part of the family's past history, like my gf being half Japanese or me being Danish.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Steven Seagal is Jewish yet he goes around beating up people, LOL!
    Steven Seagal is Jewish yet he goes around beating up people, LOL!
    Fascinating remark in a thread about Amy Winehouse dying from OD...
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    now they are saying she may have died from Alcohol withdrawal when she decided to go cold turkey and not drink:

http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-winehouse-detox-20110728,0,2852707.story

wow, I never heard of such thing!!
    RIP