Amy Winehouse has died

edited July 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 3,279
Just heard this story breaking now.

Comments

• what's the source can't find any?
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Seriously dude, if this is a sick wind up, you need to go to rehab! :-)
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 2,782
    nah SKY has it on its twitter feed - found dead in her north london flat.

http://twitter.com/#!/BREAKINGNEWS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14262237
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2011 Posts: 40,468
    Just read it. Insane. Check TMZ.

"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased.

On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."
    Why would I wind anyone up about this...??

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    The 27 Club welcomes its newest member.

Honestly, given her past, this shouldn't come as a real surprise to anyone.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This is tragic. Shouldn't have happened. R.I.P.
    edited July 2011 Posts: 40,468
    It's really no surprise, though. Always drugged out, had to cancel her European tour last month because she was totally out of it in the Serbian stretch of it. I can only surmise she hit depression (again), went home, got back into drugs, and here she is. Very tragic.

UPDATE: No signs of foul play were found.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

No disrepect to her or her family, but I was thinking the same.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i have to agree with @MajorDSmythe and @Kerim on this one...

i feel for her family and her friends, and my condolences to them all...

but given Amy's lifestyle, this really doesn't come as shock - it was only a matter of how soon, not how long.... she's had numerous opportunities to clean herself up, obviously it's not what she wanted - so for her, i feel no sympathy.......... that is - if this turns out to be another overdose related death..
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 886
    RIP Amy and my condolences to her family and friends.
    Thank you for the music and I'm truly sorry her illness could not be conquered.
    I'm now left with the thought of a Bond theme that nearly was as I play Frank & Back to Black..
    Terrible news. RIP.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Not surprised at all but still sad. Very sad. She had amazing talent but squandered it on drugs and crap. What a waste.
  • blame her x hubby....terrible what a lost love can do to a human being. We are fragile creatures.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    I said it a few years ago when I saw those photos of her on the London sidewalk that she was going to die early but we never wish anyone to die or to die early.

This is really tragic and at the same time, quite a shock too!

R.I.P. Amy - I was kind of hoping she would do the soundtrack to a Bond movie.

She may have had personal struggles and personal problems but she did make good music!!
    Am I the only person here to think that she could have sung the next Bond song? Or the one before, to be honest. A great loss for soul music.
    I think she could have done a great Bond theme song. 'Rehab' was very good.
  • My favorite from her was "Love Is A Losing Game." That song definitely had the Bond sound.

R.I.P. Amy
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I guess speculation about the cause of death is going to take many forms and several of them will no doubt be quite unfriendly.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Speculation of course, but no surprise from anyone if this ends up OD.
    Sad but inevitable news.
  • My favorite from her was "Love Is A Losing Game." That song definitely had the Bond sound.

R.I.P. Amy
    I saw her in concert when she was still performing well and when she did Love is a Losing Game my friend leaned over and asked "What Bond film is that from?"

Amazing to see her perform in a small club - extremely talented woman.

27 is not a good age for heavy drug using musicians.
    Wiki has already added her to its 27 club page, under, "other musicians who died at 27", but not with the core 4 legends, who prompted the clubs creation; Brian Jones, Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin.
    Wiki addedKurt Cobain to the original 4 in 1994.
    Winehouse will probably stay in the "others" category.

"Cobain and Hendrix biographer Charles R. Cross writes, "The number of musicians who died at 27 is truly remarkable by any standard. [Although] humans die regularly at all ages, there is a statistical spike for musicians who die at 27."'
    RIP

But they cannot cremate her due to the risk of explosions after all the chemicals and alcohol put into her system.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Why would I wind anyone up about this...??

I was frantically searching for the story and couldnt find it matey that was all. The rehab bit at the end was a referential joke.

All good?

RIP Amy, I am sick of reading negative comments (not on here) about her and her lifestyle. She is dead, please let's respect that. So tragic. :-(

R.I.P. Amy Winehouse. What a shame. What a waste of a magnificent talent. I don't suppose Camden will ever be the same.
    RIP

But they cannot cremate her due to the risk of explosions after all the chemicals and alcohol put into her system.
    LOL. I had to laugh at this. There are too many crack addicts out there.
    The real tragedy of this is that one woman who died after repeatedly throwing her life away and built an entire career on her substance abuse problems gets more media coverage than the ninety people who died for no reason at all in Norway.
    Yeah, funny that. What a sad, pop culture obsessed world we live in.

I still felt shocked even though I had been expecting Winehouse to die back around 2008.