'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

Well well well, the Doctor is just full of surprises ;-)

1463607_10151963027707708_1735416741_n.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Well, we have just seen Hurt's Doctor 'tool up'.

;)
    Well, we have just seen Hurt's Doctor 'tool up'.

;)

Had to learn the trade somewhere, so where else than on his beloved planet earth.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 4,400
    I'm not a big Doctor Who fan, but Paul McGann was really fantastic in that short. He has such a great screen presence and he can clearly act (and he's damn handsome). I'd happily sit through an entire series of his Doctor.

The thought of seeing Smith again or even a Capaldi series is no where near as enticing as the prospect of McGann doing it. I may seek out his TV movie.
  • Wow, Night of the Doctor, wow, just wow. Hope for completion we get another mini episode with another certain person involved.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,894
    Doctor Who Online have interview McGann:
    http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/#DWO-Video-Interview-With-Paul-McGann

Scroll down to see the interview. Also not the petition. When the Capaldi main series is off air, could an auxiliary McGann series work? It looks like there would be an audience for one.

And a week today, The Enemy Of The World is released.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 12,837
    It'd work and I'm sure it'd get good ratings but I think the main issue would be budget. Moffat and co are always going on about how there's not enough money for Doctor Who as it is, would the BBC really be able to afford a Mcgann series as well as the main one?
    And here's the trailer for the docudrama "An Adventure in Space and Time" :

I'm looking forward to this.
    DVD Active has uploaded their review of The Enemy Of The World:

http://www.dvdactive.com/reviews/dvd/doctor-who-enemy-of-the-world.html

I had heard that there was little in the way of extras, but i'm just glad that we're getting another Troughton story.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 40,492
    'Doctor Who: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe' is about to be one of Amazon's Gold Box deals (in roughly 40 minutes) for DVD and blu-ray.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/gss/detail/512430/?tag=bluray-037-20&gbld.category=2625373011&gbld.dealID=AOQKZ9TSSR1CB&gbld.state=upcoming
    I was interested up until I saw it was being sold on Shamazon. I'd get it elsewhere, even if it was more expensive. Terrible company, I wouldn't dream of giving them my custom.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    What bad experiences have you had Major?
    Let's just say that working for them was the bad experience. And as it turns out, it isn't just Amazon UK that has a poor reputation.

I'm not in the habit of trashing previous employers, but the stories are all here on the internet.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Let's just say that working for them was the bad experience. And as it turns out, it isn't just Amazon UK that has a poor reputation.

I'm not in the habit of trashing previous employers, but the stories are all here on the internet.

I read some entertaining stories from ex-employees of Wal-Mart a few months ago and just scrolled through listening to how terrible the company was. I guess you don't really know a place until you work there.

What irks me about Amazon is that they bumped the 'Free Shipping' minimum from $25 to $35. Had a great system going, but now I never use it and rarely shop on Amazon (sans the occasional deal) because I don't feel like spending roughly $40 just for free shipping.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2013 Posts: 15,690
    this summer i started watching Doctor Who for the first time! I watched series 1 with Christopher Ecclestone as the Doctor... quite simply put I never had so much fun in my life while watching the Doctor's adventures!
    Don't forget for those in the UK tonight. 9pm on BBC2 - An Adventure in Space and Time :-)
    I can't wait to watch it. It should be fantastic. Then, only two days until the big adventure.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I can't wait to watch An Adventure in Space and Time. I finished the first Doctor episodes yesterday and moved to the second one so perfect timing. By the way, I loved the first Doctor adventures, although the resources were obviously minimal the ingenuity largely compensated for it.
  • Don't forget for those in the UK tonight. 9pm on BBC2 - An Adventure in Space and Time :-)

Can't blooming wait. Also Matt Smith has a cameo worth looking out for. Much respect to Mark Gatiss for bringing the origins of the show to life in such a special way.
    I have An Adventure In Space And Time in my Sky+ planner. But I will likely end up watching it as soon as it starts at 21:00.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I have An Adventure In Space And Time in my Sky+ planner. But I will likely end up watching it as soon as it starts at 21:00.

Sorry, this has probably been mentioned before, but what day is it on? Same day as the anniversary special?
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,894

Sorry, this has probably been mentioned before, but what day is it on? Same day as the anniversary special?

In the UK it's on tonight, in the US it's on tomorrow night.
  • Cheers @Major. I'll be sure to give it a watch tonight then.
    I will simply say this. It was just bloody wonderful. The Beeb do these one off dramas so damn well.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    It was lovely :) all I can say.
  • Fantastic drama. Loved every moment. Excellent dramatisation of the significant people that made Dr Who become the reality and success through their imagination, determination and hard work.
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    That was terrific, as well as being both powerful and moving. So well done. It's dramas like this that make you proud to be British and that Doctor Who, to this day, still continues on.
    That was simply... wonderful. Bravo to all involved. =D>
    I really did enjoy that, they made no mistake in delivering a great piece of drama that was great fro the general audience and the Who fans. Once again Gatiss delivered the material and kudos to all involved.

So far 2/3 was great (the return of the 8th and the movie) lets hope it will be 3/3.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Its official! Got cinema bookings for the first viewing of the 50th!