Brosnan's most ruth-less moments

Comments

What about his killing of Davidov in TWINE? Pretty effective. The wink he gives when Davidov opens the boot is a nice touch.

Totally agree with this,one of Pierce's Bond moments that seems to get over-looked and just shows the ruthless side that he did have.
    It's a great scene ,along with pinning Zukovsky's guard to the bar with his tie and sweeping his legs away.
    Under-rated moments IMO.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @barryt007, that scene with the big guard is pretty great. Or when he walks into Zukovsky's office with the Walther to Bullion's back, and tells Zukovsky that they need to talk while pointing the Walther at him.
    @Creasy47 Definately,I do like TWINE no matter how much it gets slated on here,it's currently at #12 on my list but has gatecrashed into the top 10 before.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 Definately,I do like TWINE no matter how much it gets slated on here,it's currently at #12 on my list but has gatecrashed into the top 10 before.
    Your Moore fan membership has been revoked.

edited August 2011 Posts: 40,642
    Ouch...

OP and FYEO are on my Top 10, @Dalton! Don't revoke mine.
    Your Moore fan membership has been revoked.
    haha nobody can beat Sir Roger DC007 ,have faith in that !!

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2011 Posts: 15,696
    Yes, well I have 2 Moore films in my top 3 !! ;;)

haha nobody can beat Sir Roger DC007 ,have faith in that !!

Please accept our apologies, welcome back, enjoy MR that we are about to watch !!
    "SOS" in Mamma Mia
    :-bd

As for Connery's superior "coolness", ive got four words "Never Say Never Again". He looked like an overweight middle aged dad in that film.

I found Connery looking much fitter and cooler than Moore was in OP and AVTAK. At least Connery played Bond as an older 007, unlike Moore.

On topic, Brosnan's most ruthless moment was easily the Dr. Kauffman scene. My favorite Brosnan moment.

Possibly one that's overlooked is when Bond shoots the chandelier which falls and kills Zao. Somehow that was pretty ruthless to me.
    @00Beast, even though the chandelier totally misses Zao, haha. Watch it again and look closely. Bugs me every time.
    @Creasy47: Haha! I've never noticed that before. That's a weird goof!
    What about his killing of Davidov in TWINE? Pretty effective. The wink he gives when Davidov opens the boot is a nice touch.
    lol oh yeah I forgot about that part- with the wink/smile and the 'SURPRISE' Bond music, I almost would have expected Davidov to get captured, made a joke of (like the guy on the boat in FRWL) but nope- bullet in the head. :D
    @00Beast, very! Irks the hell out of me every time, haha. Still a unique death, though.
    @Creasy47: Yes, unique and very ironic!
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 4,813
    Sorry everyone- I posted Connery's most ruthless by accident (MODS please delete)
    Speaking of Zao, another ruthless bit is when he wakes him up in the clinic. Very painful.
  • SexpionageSexpionage Suspended
    EON wouldn't let brosnan play the role seriously. They wanted him to be a action. Hero at the time. Its a shame because Pierce is really a great actor and he could. Have played the role as a real mean and ruthless agent
    I do think that Brosnan AT TIMES could be very effective. Again, I bring up Protocol as an example. To me he seemed pretty convincing in that.
    Again, I bring up Protocol as an example. To me he seemed pretty convincing in that.
    Great example- if Brosnan was able to play Bond like THAT (except, you know, be a good guy) then he would have been up there as the best Bond of all time
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Brosnan has been accused of overracting in TWINE but it's nothing compared to this. This clip is actually unintentionally funny.

he's starting to show his true colors way before he got let go from his Bond role!!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,916
    Brosnan has been accused of overracting in TWINE but it's nothing compared to this. This clip is actually unintentionally funny.

he's starting to show his true colors way before he got let go from his Bond role!!
    That's the pinnacle of Brosnans career, he's never been BETTER! ;-)
    edited August 2011 Posts: 40,642
    I love 'Taffin', but I just can't watch that clip without laughing.
    Double post, but I wanted to bump this to see if anyone else has heard about it: when I watched Campbell's commentary on GE, he said that the stunt double who does the jump from the dam in the beginning had one thing on his mind the second before he jumped: 'Beavis & Butthead'. Never would have guessed that in a million years.
    Well at least is Butthead and not headbutt as there would only be one winner between him and the damn...i take it you are watching GE then.
    Haha, yep! Also, the stunt double that jumps from the dam is also one of the Tiger pilots that gets shot by Xenia on the frigate.
    You did notice the goof of the Dam jump, eh Creasy ?
    When the camera pans out and you see all the service trucks and vans up on the dam?
    When the camera pans out and you see all the service trucks and vans up on the dam?
    Exactly... It takes me off the film.
    I havent noticed that before..i will next time now...