"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Suarez starts!

Right lets have it tonight boys. I couldn't give a toss about this tinpot competition and really couldn't care less if we get knocked out in the next round BUT we simply have to get a result here to hammer another nail into Moyesy's coffin.

Nothing particularly against the bloke but to watch the scum fall off their perch is in the words of Elliot Carver himself 'Delicious!'
    /\ Gonna be a full on affair I reckon! Bring it on! It will be great for the neutral!
  • What's te betting he gets sent off? And is Brenden a trannie?
    Classic performance from a Brendan team - 70% possession not a shot on goal.

Utd can't be as bad 2nd half, but then I keep saying that.
  • Utd should be two up and how did Henderson miss from there???????
    Pathetically predictable.
  • And in other news, Sir(!) Ben Ainslie helps some other wealthy knobs win a cup no one cares about by being able to sail better than the other boat. Whoop-de-f***ing-do!
    And in other news, Sir(!) Ben Ainslie helps some other wealthy knobs win a cup no one cares about by being able to sail better than the other boat. Whoop-de-f***ing-do!

In fairness we are shit hot at sailing. Who cares about Brazil next year - when's the sailing World Cup? Come on who's with me?
    So we have Utd in the next round of the cup! That's that then! :))
  • utd ha ha ha city ha ha ha damn u arse and spurs....damn u to hell.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Who'd have thought Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool would be genuine title contenders this season! United imploding, City shit away from home, Chelsea have no decent strikers. This is shaping up to be the most open title race in decades.
  • still early in season. the Jan transfers will decide title. I'm loving how utd fans r moaning ha ha ha
  • still early in season. the Jan transfers will decide title. I'm loving how utd fans r moaning ha ha ha

That's because many of them can't find Manchester on a map ;-)
    Well done today boys! A much needed win today against Stoke! Well pleased! Now if we can get atleast a draw at home next Sunday against Chelsea? That would be great going into the international break! A win would be a dream! 8-} But lets give them a game!
    Good to see sturridge and jaws link up well for an away win.
    Hope fully get coutinho and glen j back soon to improve the team,squad.
  • We better be top of the league at Christmas or jaws and coutinho will be off.
    001 wrote:
    Good to see sturridge and jaws link up well for an away win.
    Hope fully get coutinho and glen j back soon to improve the team,squad.
    We better be top of the league at Christmas or jaws and coutinho will be off.

:)) =))

Who is Jaws? ;)
  • Getting rid of a Clough is wrong, getting rid of a Clough via text is man sucking wrong. What are these clubs on?
    Getting rid of a Clough is wrong, getting rid of a Clough via text is man sucking wrong. What are these clubs on?

What? They did it by text? Absolute disgrace if that's the case?
  • Getting rid of a Clough is wrong, getting rid of a Clough via text is man sucking wrong. What are these clubs on?

Hiring McLaren is just sheer lunacy!

Didn't see that appointment coming? Thought they may have approached Tony Pulis?
  • I loved it when the fans were singing...you've let your language down...Barton is gutted he's leaving.

I want the mighty Pool to grab Mata from Chelsea...that would be a league winning side.
    /\ Mystery to me why Mourinho does not like him? Brilliant player who would get in any first 11 of all the other 19 Premier League sides! Especially mine! :))
  • I loved it when the fans were singing...you've let your language down...Barton is gutted he's leaving.

I want the mighty Pool to grab Mata from Chelsea...that would be a league winning side.

I'm sure both Wenger and AVB would love him too but Chelsea never gonna sell to their rivals. Probably end up back in Spain in January or next summer.
    Griity performance yesterday 2 more and we are through
    largo2 wrote:

Are you worried about burnout though Largo? Fixtures build up and injuries become a real danger? That's why I would rather have an FA Cup run as opposed to any other and fight for Premier League status!
    RogueAgent wrote:
    largo2 wrote:

Are you worried about burnout though Largo? Fixtures build up and injuries become a real danger? That's why I would rather have an FA Cup run as opposed to any other and fight for Premier League status!

Like most of the people on here - I would like the lot, all the cups and the league, but alas a good run in europe would now be a good distraction to the league.
    FA cup should be good as well, but I think Laudrup has a point to prove in europe and as he has not yet signed up for next season it is a show case for him.
    Burnout will be a issue and jet lag especially with Russia looming !!
    Injuries will be coming thick and fast,but mr laudrup has bought well and with the window in Jan four months away, I am sure he has a few more tricks up his sleeves.

largo2 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    largo2 wrote:

Like most of the people on here - I would like the lot, all the cups and the league, but alas a good run in europe would now be a good distraction to the league.
    FA cup should be good as well, but I think Laudrup has a point to prove in europe and as he has not yet signed up for next season it is a show case for him.
    Burnout will be a issue and jet lag especially with Russia looming !!
    Injuries will be coming thick and fast,but mr laudrup has bought well and with the window in Jan four months away, I am sure he has a few more tricks up his sleeves.

I like Laudrup a lot, his style of football, his calm manner, and the way he conducts himself. Certainly wish them well again this season, except against us of course! ;)

Be lucky to get a draw today, but will certainly take one now if offered! Hopefully we will give them a good match!
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 12,837
    3 fucking nil! Away too! Brilliant stuff. Morrison's goal was fantastic.
    I demand a drug test. When was the last time a Big Sam team scored 3 away from home?

That result has put MOTD's running order all over the shop. Normally they automatically put the latest turgid dross served up by Sam on last.

Presumably Spurs had a dodgy lasagne for lunch?