"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Well that was truly bloody awful. Why is it when I watch England I just want to smash my face with a hammer? We're so one dimensional. So insipid and tedious. Greg Dyke's aim of reaching a World Cup final in 2022 looks more than a tad optimistic.

Cheer up old son. A decent point and I don't think I heard the England band once!

But it's not good is it. I'm not even sure if we had a shot on target.
  • RC7RC7
    001 wrote:
    He's too injury prone and wasn't good enough for Liverpool.

Well worth £35m. I jest.

Watching England is like watching a benign tumour. You don't ever want to look at it, but it's always there, making it's presence felt but neither killing you nor encouraging elation.
  • RC7 wrote:

Watching England is like watching a benign tumour. You don't ever want to look at it, but it's always there, making it's presence felt but neither killing you nor encouraging elation.

Best. Analogy. Ever. :-)
    The Dutch side made it to Brasil, after the disgrace in Estonia (2-2) and a poor match against Andorra (0-2).
    With the current coach and team I am not sure what we are doing at this tournament, but hey we are going. \m/ :!!
    Well I didn't see all the England game but it looked pretty grim to me! Have to give them some credit though for getting a point away from home. Now back to those loving stresses of the Premier League! ~X( :))
  • Bring back Glen Hoddle naaaaaah
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Bring back Glen Hoddle naaaaaah

I would bite your hand off for that to happen. Apart from the 5-1 in Munich its the last time we looked decent.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Bring back Glen Hoddle naaaaaah

I would bite your hand off for that to happen. Apart from the 5-1 in Munich its the last time we looked decent.

Totally agree. Give me Hoddle over Woy any day of the week. Shamelessly sacked by those gutless tools at the FA.
    WOW what a night, what a performance, to go away to spain and beat a quality team (who played crap) if only we beat Liverpool last sunday it would of been a excellent week for the Swansea boys. Onwards and upwards [-O<
  • largo2 wrote:
    WOW what a night, what a performance, to go away to spain and beat a quality team (who played crap) if only we beat Liverpool last sunday it would of been a excellent week for the Swansea boys. Onwards and upwards [-O<

I saw the game...they look ace. Your two special players better be signed up for extended contracts...a lot of teams will be after them. It was a special performance, something that will go down in club history.

largo2 wrote:

I saw the game...they look ace. Your two special players better be signed up for extended contracts...a lot of teams will be after them. It was a special performance, something that will go down in club history.
    just wish we were that good in the league, Laudrup will be gone at end of year, so expect a few faces to go with him
    largo2 wrote:
    largo2 wrote:

just wish we were that good in the league, Laudrup will be gone at end of year, so expect a few faces to go with him

Fairplay to the Swansea boys! That was one hell of a performance!
    Normal service has been resumed at Anfield. And to think there were some clowns this week saying we were in the title hunt.

Oh well it was nice while it lasted. 6th again.
  • nah - their goal keeper had a blinder - Hannibal is back this week. C'mon.
    nah - their goal keeper had a blinder - Hannibal is back this week. C'mon.

I think you mean our keeper. They played us off the park. Could easily have been 3 or 4.
    Well done my Swansea boys - cup game tues then to take on the arsenal
    Well I may not get as much grief at work off the villa fans tomorrow! Thanks to the Manchester derby! #:-S Although I have to say how their was only one goal in our match I will never know?
  • nah - their goal keeper had a blinder - Hannibal is back this week. C'mon.

I think you mean our keeper. They played us off the park. Could easily have been 3 or 4.

you might be right...

but steve austin should have scored twice....

edited September 2013 Posts: 9,117
    nah - their goal keeper had a blinder - Hannibal is back this week. C'mon.

you might be right...

but steve austin should have scored twice....

Who cares about all that anyway? The scum just got a right royal raping! Crack open the Bolly!
  • Di Cannned..lol ha ha ha ha

Look at Raffa now, the man should still be with us...I wish.
    Shame - I was enjoying the Di Canio comedy roadshow but I suppose I can't blame blokes who actually have their own money on the line not finding it quite so hilarious.
    What surprises me more is how much they let Di Canio spend! And then dump him months later! Crazy crazy premier league money spenders!
    Di Canio to be a new pudit on match of the day - at least it might make it more enjoyable to watch.
    Caught the second half of the swans game on line yesterday and wanted to watch highlights of the first half. Thought i would stay up and watch MOD. Think the time has come to can the programme. It gets so boring when all they go on about is the big boys with their pockets of money and how biased they are towards certain clubs. Should of known we would be shown last.
    Well? It looks like we are out of the Capital One Cup again! Cheers Watford! Our boys need to wake up and fast if we are going to stay up this season? Going on current form? I fear for my beloved Canaries! :-t
    lol! As soon as I type that? We get a goal back! :))
    No way! :O 2-2! Super Hooper! Better not go to penalties!
  • Watford to win
    I should type this sort of stuff when we play in the premier league? :))
    Well I have to say that I did not see that comeback coming! Well done boys! Now please take that kind of form and attitude into Sundays game with Stoke!