The brand new guess the character

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ^The Hans in question was Hans from You Only Live Twice (Red Grant ripoff that gets eaten by pirrhanas).

I was hoping it was that Hans! I still have hope, then. #:-S
    I don't think it is Fields. One of the clues speak of a later appearance .

#46 I lost a race, I could never win - This could refer to the Aryan race of Nazi Germany.

But I thought it had something to do with Sean Connery.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Perdogg wrote:

#46 I lost a race, I could never win - This could refer to the Aryan race of Nazi Germany.

Yeah, there are still a few clues I am iffy on. That clue could have a Nazi connection, but I just saw it as another clue about horse racing, fueled by the Dustin Hoffman related clues that led me to suspecting Mortner.

If I am wrong, I feel like the character is at least from AVTAK; I just have a feeling, considering how much horse racing and Germany/Nazism seems to come to my mind. Also, clue #47 seems to state that the mystery character experienced what the title of the year's release was, and there aren't that many Bond titles that can be used to describe a situation or action like AVTAK can. Other film titles that fit that kind of bill are: GF (maybe), LTK, QoS, and maybe Skyfall (if the character falls to their death, possibly). The rest of the film titles don't seem to work in that well with the clue.
    Perdogg wrote:

Yeah, there are still a few clues I am iffy on. That clue could have a Nazi connection, but I just saw it as another clue about horse racing, fueled by the Dustin Hoffman related clues that led me to suspecting Mortner.

If I am wrong, I feel like the character is at least from AVTAK; I just have a feeling, considering how much horse racing and Germany/Nazism seems to come to my mind. Also, clue #47 seems to state that the mystery character experienced what the title of the year's release was, and there aren't that many Bond titles that can be used to describe a situation or action like AVTAK can. Other film titles that fit that kind of bill are: GF (maybe), LTK, QoS, and maybe Skyfall (if the character falls to their death, possibly). The rest of the film titles don't seem to work in that well with the clue.

When it was my turn a few weeks ago I gave clues for Carl Mortner/Hans Glaub so not sure whether @Baltimore_007 would use the same character again so soon. I may be wrong though.
    Perdogg wrote:

When it was my turn a few weeks ago I gave clues for Carl Mortner/Hans Glaub so not sure whether @Baltimore_007 would use the same character again so soon. I may be wrong though.

He is an on and off member at times, and he may not have participated in that particular character round. Though, my guess is as good as yours. We will just have to wait in anticipation for an answer from MI6's resident Riddler.
    Bob Conley?
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 418
    It's a total long shot, and probably a zillion miles off the mark - but Blondie were the original choice for the title song 'For Your Eyes Only', and Julian Glover also starred opposite another James Bond (Sean Connery) as a Nazi sympathiser in 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade'. So i'm taking a wild guess at Aristotle Kristatos..
    Zorin61 wrote:
    It's a total long shot, and probably a zillion miles off the mark - but Blondie were the original choice for the title song 'For Your Eyes Only', and Julian Glover also starred opposite another James Bond (Sean Connery) as a Nazi sympathiser in 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade'. So i'm taking a wild guess at Aristotle Kristatos..

By this stage, it's as good a guess as any and some of the clues to match up to Kristatos
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Okay my next guess is Dominic Greene.
  • There is good news - and there is bad news

The good news is - there is a right answer

The bad news is - The right answer is - is that no-one still has found the character you're looking for

So that said, most recent incorrect responses would be -

Fatima Blush

'The spider from Doctor No' (did he really say that !)

Kronsteen's Boss (Spectre #1 surely)

Bullion

Strawberry Fields

Spectre character that gets killed by Blofeld (Thunderball opening)

Karl Mortner AKA Hans Glaub

Bob Conley

Aris Kristatos

Dominic Greene

They can all be added to the list of incorrect responses - and I applaud all those that have hitherto participated and made this one of the best rounds seen on these pages, although it's still yet to surpass the @Adam and @Manuela characters that were previously featured

In time, it may become the best ever as we still look for that elusive name so will check back another time to see how you're getting on with this
    Defense Minister Dmitri Mishkin (Tchéky Karyo)?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Hey, at least I'm trying, and with this many incorrect responses, there's no need to act like that because I guessed the spider. Some of the clues alluded to something like that. I think in your longer rounds like this in the past, I've stopped playing because you had the same kind of mentality. It's really not necessary.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Hey, at least I'm trying, and with this many incorrect responses, there's no need to act like that because I guessed the spider. Some of the clues alluded to something like that. I think in your longer rounds like this in the past, I've stopped playing because you had the same kind of mentality. It's really not necessary.

I don't faul you for it. In a game where we have seen Bond himself as the mystery character, nothing is impossible. I guessed Max the Parrot a while back, just because I saw some of the clues connect, so I don't think a tarantula is that far and away into implausibility.

My final guess for tonight is Valenka from CR.
    Jill Masterson
    I will agree that on these forums some of us have an unfortunate tendency to occasionally take the piss out of one another, and I'm talking solely about the dedicated members. We've all done it and we've all been a recipient of it. I don't like it because if someone says the wrong thing it can lead to bad blood. Please, everybody, try to keep in mind what you're saying, and who you're saying it to.

Anyway, on topic, I think I'm completely out of guesses for this one. Just can't see anybody that hasn't already been guessed.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I am truly stumped for characters, now. I'll say one and hope for the best...Elliot Carver?
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 6,396
    I'm afraid you are coming across as rather smug and patronising @Baltimore_007 and having read through some of your earlier posts on this thread, it would seem not for the first time. I don't think you need to belittle anybody for giving an incorrect answer as you did with @Creasy47.
    There is good news - and there is bad news

The good news is - there is a right answer

The bad news is - The right answer is - is that no-one still has found the character you're looking for

That sort of thing doesn't help either.

Clearly we are all stumped and with so many clues they are throwing us in all sorts of directions that many people are having resorting to random guesses in an attempt to fluke the right answer.

Anyway, I'll have one final guess at Rosie Carver.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Kamal Khan?

And I think that is my last attempt. I am truly done with this; I just cannot continue, feel burnt out. Will keep reading though to see who wins it; thanks.
  • Francois Derval?
    Francois Derval?

I guessed Angelo Palazzi. Would they be considered the same?
  • Perdogg wrote:
    Francois Derval?

I guessed Angelo Palazzi. Would they be considered the same?

They shouldn't be as they are separate characters.
  • Guessing some may be looking at things the wrong way

First off, the tarantula answer just seemed a bit silly (from my perspective). While realizing @Creasy is a fine participant on these pages and one of the best members on this forum, the thing is - it could of been mentioned by anyone. There was no malice or harm intended. One thing to note, I would never use a non-human character. Apolgize if one or two took any offense, but that wasn't the intention

Also the 'right answer is, is that no-one has a right answer' statement, was only to add a bit of flavor or further intrigue to this current round. Was not being belligerent or cause for hostilities. It's been a good round thus far and thought no harm in adding a little mystery. Say again, there was no intention for any upset

In any event, sorry to say there has been no further right answer on this since a last update. In that, it is not -

Defense minister Dimitri Mishkin

Valenka

Jill Masterson

Elliot Carver

Rosie Carver

Prince Kamal Khan

Francois Derval

I hope the relevant names will still endeavor to participate on this after any misunderstandings. Without you, and people like us, who share this particular interest, these characters rounds would just be obselete on these pages
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Oo, is it General Orlov?
  • Can you confirm for us that the character is in an EON Bond film, IE not CR '54, CR '67, or NSNA?

How about Mr. White?
    Miranda Frost
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Colonel Scott from Moonraker?
  • I'll come back to this thread when a new round is underway because frankly I'm bored to tears of this now. I'm sure someone will eventually get the right answer.
    I'll come back to this thread when a new round is underway because frankly I'm bored to tears of this now. I'm sure someone will eventually get the right answer.

I hate to see so many hats thrown out of the ring. Ah well.

My next guess is Mr. Kidd.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Is it Stromberg?
  • All most recent repsonses are incorrect. They will be added to the "list" of incorrect answers as seen directly below

Natalya Simonova
    Hans
    Georgi Koskov
    Nick Nack
    Edward Tanner
    Vesper Lynd
    Gobinda
    Valentin Zukofsky
    Fiona Volpe
    Max Zorin
    Domino Derval
    Elektra King
    Melina Havelock
    Renard AKA Viktor Zokas
    Corrine Dufour
    Campbell (On Her Majestys Secret Service)
    Rene Mathis
    Quarrel (senior or junior)
    Sandor
    May Day
    Andrea Anders
    Honey Ryder
    Mary Goodnight
    Lisl Von Schlaff
    Jacques Bouvar
    Mr Big / Doctor Kananga
    Xenia OnatoppMilton Krest
    Peter Franks
    Raoul Silva
    Le Chiffre
    Chang
    Max Kalba
    Tee Hee
    Max the Parrot
    Francisco Scaramanga
    Willard Whyte
    any of Dario's goons / assistants
    Anya Amasova
    Octopussy
    Alex Dimitrios
    Severine
    Peter Franks (already stated in the above list)
    Paula from Thunderball
    Jack Wade
    Strangways
    Alec Treveylan
    Hugo Drax
    Tilly Masterson
    Jaws
    Sergei Barsov
    NM (?) Whoever that is, it's not the character you're looking for
    Pussfeller
    Sir