The brand new guess the character

Comments

It is not Renard, A.K.A. Viktor Zokas, It is not Corrine Dufour, and it is not Campbell (rock climber) from On Her Majestys Secret Service

here are a few more pointers to keep this moving

#31 One of my superiors was a real prodigy

#32 I could of been, and should of been, in From Russia With Love

#33 I managed to escape the camera

#34 I may be a distant relative of Billy Joel

#35 I had an Italian, in France
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Geez. This will take me some time to work through. Coming up empty at the moment. Going to read thru it all again.

OK - Koskov in The Living Daylights?

I'll present the clues as one, next time I'm on @4EverBonded Should make things a little easier

Sorry to say this time, it is not Georgi Koskov
    Thanks, and I see Koskov was already guessed much earlier on. I need a break, then I will tackle this one again once refreshed.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I'm really starting to think that it might be Rene Mathis
    Now that's interesting! I usually think of older Bond films when Baltimore is heading this up. I believe that some of the clues will stay lost for me. I think you have a good guess, there, pachazo.

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I'll go for a stab in the dark...Quarrel?
  • JrW_008JrW_008 The North
    pachazo wrote:
    I'm really starting to think that it might be Rene Mathis

This time I really think someone has got it.

It is not Quarrel (Junior or Senior) and it is not Rene Mathis either

Believe I've run out of clues for this character now but we'll see what tomorrow brings

Here are the clues in full

#1 I did not have a good morning

#2 I was unable to experience the night

#3 You won't see me at Disneyland

#4 Some distinguished company came to see me

#5 Say my name three times

#6 I feel I may know Dustin Hoffman

#7 The above clue may be a reference to near where I was last seen, or involved in

#8 I had a moment of confusion

#9 I had something to sell, in a later appearance

#10 I got a bit carried away, in the end

#11 Another James Bond made a reference to what occured to me, in another film, that was witnessed by another James Bond

#12 I made an error, but they were very benevolent about it

#13 I saw a most horrendous sight

#14 I died hard - with a vengeance

#15 I was beyond assistance

#16 You won't enjoy a drink with me

#17 It was a good year for the city. They saw a win. But I suffered a loss

#18 I'm not really one for music. But if I had to pick a favorite group - maybe Blondie

#19 I was in an element of danger, one more than one occasion

#20 Something was up - in more ways than one

#21 Some of my nearest and dearest, ended up in the same predicament

#22 I was seperated at death

#23 I had a Stir of Echoes

#24 Some might say, I have great affection

#25 I had a brush with death

#26 I was involved in a rapid departure

#27 I did not have a great escape

#28 Someone had to pay - and in more ways than one

#29 I had a French Connection

#30 I was without a definitive number

#31 One of my superiors was a real prodigy

#32 I could of been, and should of been, in From Russia With Love

#33 I managed to escape the camera

#34 I may be a distant relative of Billy Joel

#35 I had an Italian, in France
  • Vesper Lynd?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Vesper Lynd?

It's been said that it isn't Vesper Lynd, and while I'm hoping I'm not overlooking an incorrect answer, is it Alec Trevelyan?
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396
    May Day?

This is the last plausible guess I have and I'm linking Billy Joel with "We didn't start the fire" and the clue for 'say my name three times' - "mayday, mayday, mayday".

I hope to God it's right this time. For my sake as much as @Baltimore_007's ;-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    May Day?

This is the last plausible guess I have and I'm linking Billy Joel with "We didn't start the fire" and the clue for 'say my name three times' - "mayday, mayday, mayday".

That's a good guess. And don't worry, @Baltimore_007 usually keeps these going for a long time when he's at the helm: he comes up with incredibly great clues.
    May Day?

"I had a french connection"- The scenes in Paris. "I was involved in a rapid departure"- Does anybody else want to drop out?
    And if it isn't May Day (I hope it is), is it Andrea Anders?
    It is not Vesper Lynd once again, It is not Alec Trevelyan, and It is not May Day either. Add to that, not Andrea Anders, which I almost missed out on

In any event, let's add some final clues to hopefully put this round to bed

#36 You could say, I'm a bit of a mixed bag

#37 You won't have much time to find out who I am

#38 Someone lost something. I recieved something. But I wish they had kept it

#39 I was largely responsible for waking someone up

#40 Dolly Parton once gave me a brief mention
    It is not Vesper Lynd once again, It is not Alec Trevelyan, and It is not May Day either. Add to that, not Andrea Anders, which I almost missed out on

In any event, let's add some final clues to hopefully put this round to bed

#36 You could say, I'm a bit of a mixed bag

#37 You won't have much time to find out who I am

#38 Someone lost something. I recieved something. But I wish they had kept it

#39 I was largely responsible for waking someone up

#40 Dolly Parton once gave me a brief mention

Mary Goodnight.
    Mary Goodnight did not die.
    Not that I have a guess right this second.
    And it is someone who could have been in From Russia With Love, which to me means an older film, older actor.

Another stab at it: Jacques Bouvar (if I'm spelling it right) in TB?
    Milton Krest?
    Come on, let's get this thread moving! :)
    I'm all out of ideas. Plus, Mary Goodnight is as good a shout as any and a lot of clues certainly tie in. We wait with baited breath at what @Baltimore_007 has to say next :-)
    You are right, @WillyGalore, the clues may look like they lead somewhere but actually be entirely different. I do wish Baltimore would come back soon. I want somebody to get it, and I'm very interested in seeing how these clues add up.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 418
    I'm probably way off the mark, but Joe Robinson was a contender for the role of Red Grant in 'From Russia with Love' but didnt get the job in the end. He later got the part of Peter Franks in 'Diamonds are Forever'..so thats my guess at the French connection too..

Is it Peter Franks? :-)
    I'd think that clue #39 would be of real help, but not for me. Not yet.

Can anybody think of a relevant name in a Dolly Parton song? I am probably wrong about it being in a song, too. Sigh ...

Can anybody think of a relevant name in a Dolly Parton song? I am probably wrong about it being in a song, too. Sigh ...

I was trying to match up to Blondie. 'Call Me' and 'Atomic' would be relevant but could tie in to so many characters.

I really don't have any more guesses on this one. Fascinated to see who it is and how the clues tie in.

Yes, I thought of "Call me" ... one reason why I guessed Elekta and Renard. But nope.

I know he hasn't nixed my last guess yet (which I feel is inevitable) - but here is my final guess until I hear back from Baltimore: Xenia from GE. (assuming it is the character, not the actress who played her, who could have been in From Russia With Love)

Clue #11 also still has me stumped.

I was trying to match up to Blondie. 'Call Me' and 'Atomic' would be relevant but could tie in to so many characters.

I really don't have any more guesses on this one. Fascinated to see who it is and how the clues tie in.

The only 'Blondie' link that i can think of is Red Grant/Peter Franks being 'Blonde', and the Dustin Hoffman link, could it be Mrs Robinson from 'The Graduate' ? = Joe Robinson, who played Peter Franks? - as i said above, i'm probably totally barking up the wrong tree!!!
    Your guess is definitely as good as the rest of ours, @Zorin61. ;)
    And probably better than mine. I am pretty poor at this particular game, but I do have fun with it.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 418
    I wonder if the Blondie clue has something to do with 'For Your Eyes Only'? - since they recorded the original title song which was rejected by the producers, and Sheena Easton ended up doing it instead. So i'm taking another wild guess with Countess Lisl von Shlaf ;-)
    Guess we'd better move on with this

It is not Mary Goodnight, It is not Jacques Bouvar from Thunderball, It is not Milton Krest, It is not Peter Franks, It is not Elektra King, It is not Renard as mentioned, and it is not Lisl Von Schlaff. Add to that, it is not Donald Grant if anyone had any ideas

One more thing, all clues are relevant and associated with the character you seek. There are no red herrings or false trails. Every clue has a connection to the character in question

Keep the responses coming and I'll check back for progress sometime soon