Most horrible deaths in Bond films

124»

Comments

what was that above abbreviation ? Little tired now in my defense

And what SPECTRE guard and what tree ?

The guard smacks into a tree when Bond escape Piz Gloria in OHMSS , Grunther calls him an idiot when it happens....poor guy , just doing his job :/

• JrW_008JrW_008 The North
    For me they all happen in LTK.
    Tracy wrote:
    what was that above abbreviation ? Little tired now in my defense

And what SPECTRE guard and what tree ?

The guard smacks into a tree when Bond escape Piz Gloria in OHMSS , Grunther calls him an idiot when it happens....poor guy , just doing his job :/

I didn't think that crash was fatal. Unlike Sonny Bono, that guy was wearing a helmet.
    Not much of a helmet from what I saw in the movie , more like a hood......he def broke quite a few bones and that's painful to think about imo.
    Tracy wrote:
    Not much of a helmet from what I saw in the movie , more like a hood......he def broke quite a few bones and that's painful to think about imo.

True enough!
  • Stromberg. He took the first shot in the nuts.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    LeighBurne wrote:
    Stromberg. He took the first shot in the nuts.

And Second!
    I also forget the death of the Soviet-KGB-agent, who was helping Pola Ivanova (AVTAK). Man, what Max Zorin did there...........ugh :|. I think after LTK, the deaths in AVTAK and SF were pretty horrific too.
    Yes, I don't believe he had a name. Nasty way to go for anybody and he at least, also deserves a mention. Would of included Chuck Lee and Sir Godfrey Tibbett from the same movie, but their demises were just humorous I'm afraid - nothing nefarious
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 11,119
    Yes, I don't believe he had a name. Nasty way to go for anybody and he at least, also deserves a mention. Would of included Chuck Lee and Sir Godfrey Tibbett from the same movie, but their demises were just humorous I'm afraid - nothing nefarious

Yup, agreed. This anonymous KGB-agent's death was even more horrific because of sound effects (underwater noise by the man, death struggle) and visual effects (first mess is very bloody.....imagine when your head falls into this screw).

In general, I think visual- and sound effects and certain camera shots really can add more horror to a certain death. The anonymous KGB-agent from 'AVTAK' comes to my mind.

But what about Rosa's 'death struggle sounds' in FRWL. Some more examples:
    --> Goldfinger's henchman crushed by Fort Knox's safe door. Nice 'ughh ughh' sounds and some bone crushing sounds. It did gave Wanstall an Oscar ;-). ('GF').
    --> Largo's henchman being thrown into the shark pool. Was the red blood being filtered out in the UE-DVD's? Nice death scream. ('TB').
    --> Blofeld's villain 'accidently' crushed by the snowplow. Lot's of 'red snow' and other fake intestants. The sound of the snowploy actually having difficulty 'plowing' through that body. Perfect sound effect by Norman Wanstall. ('OHMSS')
    --> Actually seeing Kra's cryomated (frozen) body floating in that little pool. Something more could have been done no? ('TMWTGG')
    --> Stromberg's death. Bond simply emptying his PPK on just one man, starting with his groin. Actually, I believe this is the most cruel 'PPK Kill' I have seen. Didn't see Daniel Craig or Timothy Dalton doing that :-P. Also nice, Fekkesh' death, when Jaws slams him with great force against the wall, almost hearing his spine crunch. Lovely :-). ('TSWLM')
    --> Lisl von Schlaff deliberately crashed on the buggy car by Emile Leopold Locque. Perfect, chilly death-scream by Cassandra Harris. The sound of the actual car crash itself. ('FYEO')
    --> The death of 004 during the PTS by Koskov's faked SMERSH (Smiert Spionnam). By God, it was actually 007 who narrowly escaped such a 'climbing kill' in FYEO. God, those moments when you see death in the eyes.... ('TLD')
    --> Whereas AVTAK gave us some insight in how much horror and blood the Bond audience can bear, LTK went even further. Live, on-screen leg being chopped off by a shark (Felix Leiter), Milton Krest being depressurised (Is it told in special featurettes somewhere how they actually achieved this....exploding head? And what did 'Cubby' say of the final editted product?). Not to mention the sick letters from Sanchez: "It didn't like the taste of it". ('LTK')
    --> Stamper's foot being crushed by the weight of those rockets.....and as an extra.....the actual fire ignition on that same feet :-P. ('TND')
    --> Renard being 'masturbated by a very huge object' :-P. I especially liked the look on Renard's face: "Ehhrrrm....this doesn't look good huh...Bond :|?" Simply priceless and effective death. ('TWINE')
    --> Mr. Kil's neck being perforated by a laser.....cutting his spinal cord in half. Lovely sound that made :-). ('DAD')
    --> It's still quite a heavy thing, seeing Vesper gasping for fresh air.....is quite horrific really. Those big, round, panicking eyes....marvellous piece of acting by Eva Green. Also good, Bond 'nailing' Adolph Gettler's (wunderful villain's name btw.) eye. Sjee, something like that should have been done with Largo :-D. ('CR')
    --> Severine being killed off by Silva. The actual old-fashioned sound of the gun shot combined with Severine's twisted ankles in her shoes. Ghastly and horrific. Also the last shot from Silva's gun in the committee room. Just the look on Silva's face. Perfect gunshot-sounds by Per Hallberg. Deserved Oscar win. ('SF')

--> Bond 24: Mr White finally revealed as Mr Largo..... A final fight between Bond and Mr White..... Bond manages to put White's head in a pool of liquid nitrogen. His head comes out, Bond pushes him aggressively against a wall (in a way Jaws did with Fekkesh.....when Jaws was still cruel), his head is smashed in thousand of little shards. I want it to be an ultimate death struggle though, like we saw in CR between 007 and Obanno. Not a Guy Hamilton-esque 'funny death'. In the end Bond says to the gasping Bond-girl: "Dear....his mind was never that cohesive."

Yeah man, Bond is not for the proverbial.....pussies ;-).
    That was a very comprehensive report. Read it all, but while the Largo / Gettler idea was interesting, it's something they simply wouldn't have undertaken in the 1960s. Bond has become more violent in the last decade as we have seen with Craig, and some things today, just wouldn't have been deemed acceptable in years past. But even then, it wasn't exactly a 'violent' killing was it ?

Neither was Severine, although we're looking at that from two different perspectives. Bang on the money though with the Lynd death - that was actually quite harrowing, and she did a great job (Green) with it. Some good references there to The Spy Who Loved Me, including Fekkesh at the pyramids, but thought Max Kalba warranted a mention also. Perhaps Sandor as well, but not sure he deserves to be included
  • I'm not sure I'd rank the KGB guy that highly (if that's the right turn of phrase), as he went in head-first, so it probably would've been fairly instant (minus some arm-mincing). Poor Dario, on the other hand...
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 1,637
    KGB fella is called Klotkoff I believe.....anyway , let's hope he was killed instantly since he went head first....I'd rather die that way than having limbs cut off one by one , torture before death is the worst way to go (even worse than getting heart cut out)
  • Dr Kananga. Damn, that would hurt. Also Sanchez's death was pretty nasty.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Tracy wrote:
    KGB fella is called Klotkoff I believe.....anyway , let's hope he was killed instantly since he went head first....I'd rather die that way than having limbs cut off one by one , torture before death is the worst way to go (even worse than getting heart cut out)

He was indeed. And his was a better way to go than Dario, Krest and Kananga. Ok he knew it was coming as they were forcing him into the manhole but in terms of actual pain no more than one second as the first couple of slices to the head would render you dead.

Compared Dario feeling his feet and legs getting minced and Krest feeling every cell in his body start to swell up and burst Klotkoff had it pretty good.
  • This comment thread is really morbid. Some of the posts border on fasciantion.

Less primetime television for all of you, Doctor's orders !
  • This comment thread is really morbid. Some of the posts border on fasciantion.

Less primetime television for all of you, Doctor's orders !

Ian Fleming himself admitted that with Bond villains you sometimes have to be a bit morbid. Moreover, where would the horror movie-genre be without some delightful morbid thoughts ;-)?