Most horrible deaths in Bond films

samainsysamainsy Suspended
edited April 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 199
Personally i think , carvers,stampers and patrices were horrible also drax's your opinions

Comments

Damballah's in LALD. But then, of course, I hate snakes.

The henchman meeting the snowplow in OHMSS. "Lots of guts", indeed.

Delia's in LTK. Not because of what we see, but of what we imagine.

Krest's and Dorio's in the same movie. And Lupe's lover too ("Give her his heart!" Chilling). BTW, LTK has quite a few horrible deaths.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited April 2013 Posts: 16,330
    Alec getting impaled/crushed by his Antenna array in GoldenEye.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited April 2013 Posts: 2,635
    Horrible in which means? Horrible for "Damn, this death sucks" or "Argh, that must have hurt."

If it's for the "Argh, that must have hurt" then I'd choose Carver's death in TND and Sanchez's in LTK.
    Gerard wrote:
    Delia's in LTK. Not because of what we see, but of what we imagine.

Krest's and Dorio's in the same movie. And Lupe's lover too ("Give her his heart!" Chilling). BTW, LTK has quite a few horrible deaths.

I've saw LTK a very while ago and the memory isn't quite good anymore, but isn't Delia the guy that died in that Pressure chamber at Sanchez's boat? If so, that must have been really horrible. At least he didn't felt any pain. I guess.
    No, that was Krest. Delia was Felix Leiter's bride (for a very short time). The one Dario gave "a nice honeymoon" to.
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    or whats his name mr big i think and darios and krespos and sanchez and quarrel or mr kil and dominic greene
    Corinne Clery in MR death by dog is one of the most chilling scenes in any 007 movie up to date.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Gerard wrote:
    No, that was Krest. Delia was Felix Leiter's bride (for a very short time). The one Dario gave "a nice honeymoon" to.

Ooooh right. I remember now, she died at the bed.
  • Dario's death in Licence To Kill was bad too. Sanchez's description of how painful it would be only makes it worse. Killifer's was bad, being eaten by a shark and all. So was Heller's, that is, getting impaled by a forklift.

What a shock, a lot of LTK.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Krest's death would be up there; it is quite explosive.
    Krest's death would be up there; it is quite explosive.

Yeah, well Krest's is the most horrible one for me. Most scary, frightening one in the whole series.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Della's is up there too. We don't see it, but instantly know it was horrible, and Dario's smile/excitement alluding to his rape of her makes me want to jump into the film and massacre him right there. X(
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Pain wise then I would say the top 5 would be:

1. Krest/Kananga - both quite prolonged and then the sense of your cells expanding until they burst must be agony.
    2. Vijay - thats got to sting and it would just chew you up until it hit an artery and you could bleed out.
    3. Mr Kidd - I see quite a few people listing Sanchez above but this is way worse. Sanchez had the luxury of being blown to pieces after a few seconds of burning but Mr Kidd gets the full body burn, then still completely conscious (as evidenced by his scream) he lands in the water which puts out the flames leaving him floating in the water with most of his epidermis burnt off until he dies of shock or drowns.
    4. Helga/Hans - even though they can 'strip a man to the bone in 30 seconds', those 10 or 15 seconds before you pass out have to be pretty grim.
    5. Carver/ the 'he had lots of guts guy' - both pretty similar deaths and quicker than the above but still have to be pretty painful in the brief seconds you are suffering.
    This has to be a duplicate thread. Sure we discussed along these lines at some time or another. Sure seems familiar

In any event, being quick, worst franchise deaths, would include

Helga Brandt / YOLT

Plenty O Toole / DAF

Corrine / MR (It was the music that made it more special than anything else maybe)

Milton Krest / LTK

Vijay / OP (you don't see it, but get a brief idea of what occured)

Dario / LTK

The Masterson girl / GF (killed by Oddjob's steel-rimmed hat)

Max Zorin / AVTAK (thought it may be a worthy inclusion)

Luigi Ferrara / FYEO (throat cut by Locque, or at least one of Kristatos' henchmen)

One of the Kamal Khan / Gobinda henchmen from Octopussy who has a face full of octopus

Baines getting bitten by the poisonous snake on San Monique / LALD
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 4,622
    The deaths that kind of creep me out are the ones in which innocents, or good guys are violently killed. The evil guys, I am not bothered by what happens to them.
    To that end, death of Corrine haunts as does that poor Russian agent that Zorin the psycho, had dropped down the oil rig tube. Not that he was an innocent, but he was at least fighting Zorin and was completely helpless when slaughtered.
    Death of Lisl was sad - the way she was mowed down.
    Tibbett's death was kinda gruesome and I am not sure necessary. Come on, it was Patrick MacNee. I know they wanted to get him out of the story as his bit was done, but still, surely they could have found another way.
    The gunning down of Mathis as he lay helpless in a trunk was offputting too. He deserved better.
    The death of Fields was very gross as well.
    I am not as bothered by the death of Jill Masterson, as that was lifted from Fleming, and did provide colourful schock value to its iconic film.
    Yes.... death of Vijay and Plenty were unsettling as well.

Worst one I think though, is the guy that Zorin had tossed down the oil-rig tube. Yecccch! >:P
    timmer wrote:
    The deaths that kind of creep me out are the ones in which innocents, or good guys are violently killed. The evil guys, I am not bothered by what happens to them.
    To that end, death of Corrine haunts as does that poor Russian agent that Zorin the psycho, had dropped down the oil rig tube. Not that he was an innocent, but he was at least fighting Zorin and was completely helpless when slaughtered.
    Death of Lisl was sad - the way she was mowed down.
    Tibbett's death was kinda gruesome and I am not sure necessary. Come on it, was Patrick MacNee. I know they wanted to get him out of the story as his bit was done, but still, surely they could have found another way.
    The gunning down of Mathis as he lay helpless in a trunk was offputting too. He deserved better.
    The death of Fields was very gross as well.
    I am not as bothered by the death of Jill Masterson, as that was lifted from Fleming, and did provide colourful schock value to it's iconic film.
    yes and death of Vijay and Plenty were unsettling as well.

Worst one I think though, is the guy that Zorin had tossed down the oil-rig tube. Yecccch! >:P

i'd agree wiv u there i dont like it wen the gud guys get killed like mathis and tibbet and M. didnt Q (john cleese) get killed in skyfall and miss moneypenny(samantha bond) too? also whats his name vijay i dont like it wen they kill the gud guys off
    samainsy wrote:

i dont like it wen they kill the gud guys off

i don't like it wen they kill the English language off
    samainsy wrote:

i just dont like wizards mate anyway i'm youthful i'm only 13

samainsy wrote:
    samainsy wrote:

I know that Wizard was a little bit rude, but that's not a reason to misspelling. I was 13 and I knew to type english very well, and I'm not even english or american.

===

Back on topic now, please...
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 2,341
    Most of the villain deaths in LTK (from Killifer, to Krest, to Dario, to Sanchez)
    Mr. Kidd
    Carver,
    The snow plow death in OHMSS
  • Pain wise then I would say the top 5 would be:

1. Krest/Kananga - both quite prolonged and then the sense of your cells expanding until they burst must be agony.
    2. Vijay - thats got to sting and it would just chew you up until it hit an artery and you could bleed out.
    3. Mr Kidd - I see quite a few people listing Sanchez above but this is way worse. Sanchez had the luxury of being blown to pieces after a few seconds of burning but Mr Kidd gets the full body burn, then still completely conscious (as evidenced by his scream) he lands in the water which puts out the flames leaving him floating in the water with most of his epidermis burnt off until he dies of shock or drowns.
    4. Helga/Hans - even though they can 'strip a man to the bone in 30 seconds', those 10 or 15 seconds before you pass out have to be pretty grim.
    5. Carver/ the 'he had lots of guts guy' - both pretty similar deaths and quicker than the above but still have to be pretty painful in the brief seconds you are suffering.

By your logic on Mr. Kidd, Dario should be ahead of Carver and "lots o' guts," since he starts from the feet and his death is way slower. "When you're up to your knees, you'll kiss my ass to kill you." And you've still got a few feet to go before you pass out.
    Pain wise then I would say the top 5 would be:

By your logic on Mr. Kidd, Dario should be ahead of Carver and "lots o' guts," since he starts from the feet and his death is way slower. "When you're up to your knees, you'll kiss my ass to kill you." And you've still got a few feet to go before you pass out.

Yeah fair point. He does last the longest of the three of them. Carver gets it pretty much straight in the face and 'lots of guts' goes head first so Dario it is when it comes to deaths where people get minced up.
    Agreed with most of those above.

I reckon the "they'll print anything these days" guy in TND deserves a spot too. In terms of gore it doesn't show much but I reckon being chucked into a printer would be a painful way to go.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Agreed with most of those above.

I reckon the "they'll print anything these days" guy in TND deserves a spot too. In terms of gore it doesn't show much but I reckon being chucked into a printer would be a painful way to go.

Yes, that is quite worthy of some front page coverage.

drumroll.gif
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    samainsy wrote:
    samainsy wrote:

I know that Wizard was a little bit rude, but that's not a reason to misspelling. I was 13 and I knew to type english very well, and I'm not even english or american.

===

well its the 21st century now not the 17th
    samainsy wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    samainsy wrote:
    samainsy wrote:

===

And your point is? Try going for a job interview with your '21st century' grasp of spelling and grammar. Theres a lot of able people on the dole trying to compete in the job market and with English like that you will put yourself right at the bottom. However cool you may think it is now, there really is nothing to boast about for being illiterate.
    samainsy wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    samainsy wrote:
    samainsy wrote:

===

And your point is? Try going for a job interview with your '21st century' grasp of spelling and grammar. Theres a lot of able people on the dole trying to compete in the job market and with English like that you will put yourself right at the bottom. However cool you may think it is now, there really is nothing to boast about for being illiterate.

yeh well if i went to a job interview i wouldnt talk like that i'm in top class for english and if i did go for a job interview i wud spell normally
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    This thread is quickly heading for the bin at this rate.
    The thing is @saminsy if you can write normally for English and you're top of your class then you can do the same here.
    As a new member wanting to fit in, you're doing a very good job at alienating yourself to the established community. Your maturity and argumentative behaviour are doing you no favours on this front.

Benny wrote:
    This thread is quickly heading for the bin at this rate.
    The thing is @saminsy if you can write normally for English and you're top of your class then you can do the same here.
    As a new member wanting to fit in, you're doing a very good job at alienating yourself to the established community. Your maturity and argumentative behaviour are doing you no favours on this front.
    fine then I'll speak proper English is this any better?Look I've got capital letters and everything.You should be proud, and yes I'll stop arguing.Any better,

Anybody mentioned Dr. No's death? He was boiled to death AND knew that his plan was thwarted in the same time, which may have been more painful for him, giving his hubris.
    samainsy wrote:
    Benny wrote:
    fine then I'll speak proper English is this any better?Look I've got capital letters and everything.You should be proud, and yes I'll stop arguing.Any better,

Well it's an improvement certainly but starting a sentence in lower case and ending with a comma shows that claims of 'proper English' are somewhat exaggerated!