What do you miss about Bond, that the older ones have and the new ones don't?

1235»

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RogueAgent wrote:
    An all out battle at the end of the movie!

*COUGH* SKYFALL *COUGH*
    RogueAgent wrote:
    An all out battle at the end of the movie!

*COUGH* SKYFALL *COUGH*

Should have explained abit more. As in Bond having plenty of back up too.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    edited July 2013 Posts: 496
    Hand drawn posters I love looking at them LTK had about 1 picture in it and the rest was drawn also the last one to have it hand drawn.
    Non-personal storylines. Just man on a mission.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, as has been stated on other threads, I do want in the new film (which hasn't happened yet in Craig's era but did all the time in years past):

1. The main Bond girl alive, and with Bond, at end of the film.

2. Fun along with the swagger and less angst (Skyfall headed in the right direction)

3. Bond theme (M. Norman one) used more; not overdone, just used more and a full dose of it in a good action scene
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Well, as has been stated on other threads, I do want in the new film (which hasn't happened yet in Craig's era but did all the time in years past):

2. Fun along with the swagger and less angst (Skyfall headed in the right direction)

3. Bond theme (M. Norman one) used more; not overdone, just used more and a full dose of it in a good action scene

Couldn't agree more @4Ever.
    The Bond theme should be used to full effect when we have a good action sequence. Would it be to hard to use it in the PTS of SF?

Hand drawn posters I love looking at them LTK had about 1 picture in it and the rest was drawn also the last one to have it hand drawn.

For once I'm in agreement with Hully.
    Let's get some retro esque posters in Bond 24/25.

• edited July 2013 Posts: 4,622

I agree with all of the above in spades, plus @sharkbait's bit about "non-personal storyline. Put Bond back on mission."
    Yes, return the stories to being about Bond on mission and his execution of said mission, as opposed to stories about Bond himself.
    I don't know if this is possible for Craig though. He does seem determined to do character dramas, concerning his character. Mendes is inclined the same way it seems. Otherwise I don't think he's interested in doing a "Bond movie"

And yes stop being so damn selfconscious about doing a Bond film. Blast the hell out of the Bond theme and put the darn gun-barrel back at the beginning of the film, where it belongs.

I won't hold my breath regarding any of the above though. The Craig-era is a different Bond animal. Those that don't like it will probably just have to wait it out.
    I doubt anything will change in the near term.

And yes the posters!!! Time to get rid of the minimalist approach and back to the classic, busier, exciting, action-adventure look, but again I'm not holding my breath.
    Is it a cop out to say "Dalton"? I wasn't alive when his movies were made but there's such a sense of loss every time the credits for LTK roll. Obviously I'm not saying he should still be Bond, but I'll always wish he did at least two more.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Benny wrote:

The Bond theme should be used to full effect when we have a good action sequence. Would it be to hard to use it in the PTS of SF?

Yeah they should be again but it wouldn't fit in with this century I prefer the old ones as I said. Please don't call me Hully if you would like to give me a nickname Harper after out newest signing.
    You'll probably find some of the style that's been missing recently from Bond in Cavill's "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.". The original show, that included Ian Fleming as one of the developers, excelled in that area during it's first season.
    The classic gun barrel at the beginning, John Barry, a bad bond girl with a big role, Desmond Llewelyn and the main girl surviving and Bond getting her at the end..
    It's been so long, wouldn't a what people would call conventional Bond film almost be revolutionary at this point?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited July 2013 Posts: 14,882
    Benny wrote:

Yeah they should be again but it wouldn't fit in with this century I prefer the old ones as I said. Please don't call me Hully if you would like to give me a nickname Harper after out newest signing.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen Hully.
    Gun barrel back at the start of the film please. And maybe even a PTS that has nothing to do with the main film, ala GF or OP.
    Zorin61 wrote:
    The classic gun barrel at the beginning, John Barry, a bad bond girl with a big role, Desmond Llewelyn and the main girl surviving and Bond getting her at the end..

I too would like to include those two, but unfortunately both have passed away. Your other suggestions are spot on though.

Blonde Bond girl. Golden, honey blonde.
    Nothing else.