The ultimate Bond pick up line - which would you use?

2»

Comments

• 00Hero00Hero Banned
    edited July 2013 Posts: 121
    I cant find the um stationary would you come help me look. Or do you mind if my friend sits down shes just dead.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,936
    "Yes, well, you get your clothes off, and I'll buy you an ice cream."

:-?
  • 00Hero00Hero Banned
    What makes you think this is my 1st time.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh, @Murdock, you almost ruined my breakfast with that photo - ha!
    (although Austin has cracked me up many times, I must admit ...)

@Baltimore_007 - I actually like what you said: "I suppose you don't need me to tell you how wonderful you look tonight, all the men / eyes are looking at you". If not done in a nervous or smarmy way, it would be a nice thing to say. Especially at a dressy event.

If you're trying to sniff out if the lady is a Bond fan, then by all means order a vodka martini shaken, not stirred and look at her with a nice smile. I'd like that very much (just don't order one for me; I can't enjoy vodka).

I could probably think of some pretty good lines, many of which would be better used after you are in a relationship, even if just beginning one - a genuine first line is trickier (as I suppose you gents realize that better than me).

My absolute personal favorite so far, though, is @DarthDimi's singing or humming Underneath the Mango Tree! Because I am a Bond fan, I would respond immediately. And I would then probably give him the Monty Norman's Bond theme right back, with a raised eyebrow. Which, if things proceeded accordingly, we would then be off to find his stationery. ;) If the lady is not a Bond fan, I think singing or humming that song is still nice if done subtly and followed up with something sincere and simple.

For me, I'm still waiting for a gent to come up and say, "Well, obviously, you're the money," so I can look him in the eyes and say sincerely with just the right hint of a smile, "Every penny of it." And we would be off and running ...
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 3,494
    Oh, @Murdock, you almost ruined my breakfast with that photo - ha!
    (although Austin has cracked me up many times, I must admit ...)

@Baltimore_007 - I actually like what you said: "I suppose you don't need me to tell you how wonderful you look tonight, all the men / eyes are looking at you". If not done in a nervous or smarmy way, it would be a nice thing to say. Especially at a dressy event.

If you're trying to sniff out if the lady is a Bond fan, then by all means order a vodka martini shaken, not stirred and look at her with a nice smile. I'd like that very much (just don't order one for me; I can't enjoy vodka).

I could probably think of some pretty good lines, many of which would be better used after you are in a relationship, even if just beginning one - a genuine first line is trickier (as I suppose you gents realize that better than me).

My absolute personal favorite so far, though, is @DarthDimi's singing or humming Underneath the Mango Tree! Because I am a Bond fan, I would respond immediately. And I would then probably give him the Monty Norman's Bond theme right back, with a raised eyebrow. Which, if things proceeded accordingly, we would then be off to find his stationery. ;) If the lady is not a Bond fan, I think singing or humming that song is still nice if done subtly and followed up with something sincere and simple.

For me, I'm still waiting for a gent to come up and say, "Well, obviously, you're the money," so I can look him in the eyes and say sincerely with just the right hint of a smile, "Every penny of it." And we would be off and running ...

I have to laugh at the thought of me using a Bond line to pick up a woman. It's pathetic to be honest if someone seriously thinks that these lines will work with a complete stranger. This isn't real life and we're not Bond, but hey, even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut and I suppose someone would fall for one of them. Most of these are scripted lines and some are funny, yes, but many are also cheesy and weak and guaranteed to get you shot down in flames as an initial gambit. I never used any of them, I always had my own rap, style, and a natural gift for gab so I never needed Bond to help me. So gents, I say to thine own self be true, and if you can't do it right away, keep practicing until you know what works for you. An experienced woman will see right through you if you're being less than yourself and think you are Bond. Most men, even those good with the opposite sex, will get 3 no's for every yes. Persistence. I learned a lot being a wingman while a teen for some of my buddies. Watch. And learn. Someone will be your muse :)

But since we're on the subject and I should pick something said, I agree with you and @Baltimore_007 that "I suppose you don't need me to tell you how wonderful you look tonight" is very classy and complimentary and that one would work the best for me, provided you'd gotten to that point to say that.

"I feel a slight stiffness coming on" ;)
    NOT in the shoulder, this time ;)

As a pick up line? Egads.

But I am sure you are jesting.

As a pick up line? Egads.

But I am sure you are jesting.

As a pick up line? Of course I jest. In any event I'm happily married so no pick up lines for me. I might be cheeky though and use it with my wife next time she asks me how I am!
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 6,432
    RogueAgent wrote:
    If the collars and cuffs match? =))

Shamefully i have said that cheekily to a girl i was dating.

'Its just the right size... for me that is'
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I have to laugh at the thought of me using a Bond line to pick up a woman. It's pathetic to be honest if someone seriously thinks that these lines will work with a complete stranger. This isn't real life and we're not Bond, but hey, even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut and I suppose someone would fall for one of them. Most of these are scripted lines and some are funny, yes, but many are also cheesy and weak and guaranteed to get you shot down in flames as an initial gambit. I never used any of them, I always had my own rap, style, and a natural gift for gab so I never needed Bond to help me. So gents, I say to thine own self be true, and if you can't do it right away, keep practicing until you know what works for you. An experienced woman will see right through you if you're being less than yourself and think you are Bond. Most men, even those good with the opposite sex, will get 3 no's for every yes. Persistence. I learned a lot being a wingman while a teen for some of my buddies. Watch. And learn. Someone will be your muse :)

Truer words were never spoken. It's not so much what Bond says as it is the confidence, wit and charm he exudes while saying it.
  • RikRik Southend
    I've used this in the past....

Get ready.....

"Hi I'm (insert name) and apart from being absolutely gorgeous you are?"
  • BigGayIslandBigGayIsland Banned
    edited August 2013 Posts: 56
    pachazo wrote:
    Truer words were never spoken. It's not so much what Bond says as it is the confidence, wit and charm he exudes while saying it.
    Oh those aren't the only things he's exuding - check his sticky pants! :))

Which line would I choose? Speak up darling I can't hear you!!

Preferably without the bra-choke but we'll see!! :))

Actually applies a lot these days without my earpiece! :))
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I wouldn't use any of them - much too cheesy!
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 135
    Hello. My name is James. Now make love to me.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 98
    "" Mm Now there's a mouthful !! ""

"" I never learned to read ""- it worked on Bond didn't it ?? Hard in a snap.
  • Dragonpol wrote:

Including the last two brother. I no longer wonder why there are so many lonely women out there if the current gene pool of supposed men we see here is any indicator.

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Dragonpol wrote:

Including the last two brother. I no longer wonder why there are so many lonely women out there if the current gene pool of supposed men we see here is any indicator.

Don't worry, there's a solution to that:

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Anyone else miss The Lord Flasheart ?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Mrcoggins wrote:

Yep, most definately.
    Mrcoggins wrote:

Yep, most definately.

Yes!!!! Woof!
  • It's funny how just seeing Craig dressed like that reminded us all of him.

But anyway, I think the best Bond pickup line is to just become Sean Connery. It's my no-fail strategy to make women love me!
  • I didn't know Daniel Craig was so funny ! Thanx for sharing. Bot.

"" Do you need a wheelchair ? you will when I'm thru with you ! ""
  • I can't think of one from a Bond film that I could see actually working.

Has there ever been a pickup line that did work though? :p
    It's always cheesy.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    In Sean Connery "Yesh" voice

"Schpank me once, shame on you. Schpank me twice, well..."