Comments

• saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    1) Lazenby
    2) Craig
    3) Connery
    4) Dalton
    5) Moore
    6) Brosnan

Now surely nobody could despute these rankings! ;-)
    1-Moore
    2-Connery
    3-Craig
    4-Dalton
    5-Lazenby
    6-Brosnan
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 503
    To me it's a balance between Fleming's vision and how the actors themselves managed to make the character their own. Moore perfected the film version in my opinion. He took something and totally made it his own, and it worked beautifully. Connery's ranking is self-explanatory.

1. Moore
    2. Connery
    3. Lazenby
    4. Craig
    5. Brosnan
    6. Dalton

And of course my ranking is the most important because I am, after all, Bond himself. ;;)
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Hmmm wonder if my old rank would match this one...

1) Connery...the KING and without him there would be no series!
    2) Moore...I like his later films a little better then the ones in between.
    3) Craig...has potential to move up. I would like to see him handle some witty dialogue
    4) Brosnan...liked a couple of his films very much!
    5) Dalton...like his look but not his lack of charisma
    6) Lazenby...love the movie. Not sure what we had there...too bad he didn't get some more time in the role!
  • 1) Dalton
    2) Craig
    3) Lazenby
    4) Connery
    5) Brosnan
    6) Moore

Dalton and Craig are easily my favorites. Lazenby and Connery are pretty much tied. Brosnan ranged from good to terrible. I just don't care for Moore at all. Depending on Craig's performance in Bond 23, he might overtake Dalton on my list.
    01. Dalton
    02. Connery
    03. Moore
    04. Dalton v2.0
    05. Connery v2.0
    06. Moore v2.0
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    1. Connery
    2. Dalton
    3. Craig
    4. Moore
    5. Lazenby
    6. Brosnan
    1a. Timothy Dalton
    1b. Daniel Craig
    3. Sean Connery
    4. Roger Moore
    5. George Lazenby
    6. Pierce Brosnan

Dalton and Craig easily rank ahead of the rest atop my rankings, with the only problem being that I can't decide which I like better as Bond, so they both share the top spot. I would also say that Connery and Moore are in a very tight race for being the "runner up", so to speak, to Dalton and Craig.
    1. Sean Connery
    2. Daniel Craig
    3. George Lazenby
    4. Timothy Dalton
    5. Roger Moore
    6. Pierce Brosnan
    1. Timothy Dalton
    2.Roger Moore
    3. Sean Connery
    4.Daniel Craig
    5. Pierce brosnan
    6. george lazenbury
  • Easy, here we go:

1. Sean Connery (The First, the Best)
    2. George Lazenby (I am a sucker for OHMSS)
    3. Pierce Brosnan (The first Bond I saw on the big screen)
    4. Roger Moore (Too funny)
    5. Timothy Dalton (Too serious)
    6. Daniel Craig (I haven't got used to him yet)
  • 1. Roger Moore
    2. Timothy Dalton
    3. Sean Connery
    4. Pierce Brosnan
    5. George Lazenby
    6. Daniel Craig
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Quoting Xboy:
    1. Timothy Dalton
    2.Roger Moore
    3. Sean Connery
    4.Daniel Craig
    5. Pierce brosnan
    6. george lazenbury
    Good ranking. Just swap Moore with Connery & Craig with Brosnan, and it'd be the same as my list.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2011 Posts: 4,399
    1.) Sean Connery - there isn't much to say about the man who is the measuring stick to all current and past Bonds.. he defined the role - and to the general masses, when you say James Bond - people instantly picture Sean Connery..

2.) Daniel Craig - even though he is only 2 films deep (as of now), I like his presence.. he definitely has a nasty edge to him, but can also prove to be debonaire enough to hold his own, and look right at home in a posh social environment.. he may not have the smarm of Broz or Rog, but he definitely has that animal magnetism working for him like Sean did..

3.) Timothy Dalton - in the same category as Craig in terms of edge, but he seemed too much like that.. maybe it's just a hold over from Licence To Kill - who knows... he was lacking a little bit in the charm department, but his was a Bond you certainly did not want to cross - some found that out the hard way..

4.) Roger Moore - a different kind of Bond, more geared towards the lighthearted approach, instead of the aggressive style portrayed by his illustrious predecessor.. Instead of using physicality, Moore would find a way to dispatch his foe without evening dirtying up his suit - and would have a witty comment to add insult to injury.... but what made his Bond charming, was also a bit of a negative - to me, he seemed too soft at times

5.) Pierce Brosnan - his only truly great Bond film was Goldeneye, the rest were either average or awful.. His Bond might be a victim of circumstance and timing (considering the decade in which his films were made), but an era that started off with such promise, ended in a blazing train wreck.. He was good enough to carry some of his films - but as is with sports, your sometimes only as good as the team around you - such i feel the same for Pierce - and even though he could decently carry a subpar script, he could never put the last 3 films over the top to be anything above average... His Bond (much like Roger) fell victim to the tie straighten, and witty comment laziness - though he had slightly more physicality on his side - his puns were just as bad, if not worse than Sir Roger's..

6.) George Lazenby - Poor George is last on my list - for the only real reason, of him only doing 1 film.. a lot of people would say that that is enough - for me, it's not - especially when you got other actors doing more films, and owning the role... George never really seemed to settle into the role in his first (and only) outing.. His wasn't a bad performance, but when I look at only 1 outing, as opposed to 2, or 4, or 6 and 7 - it's hard for me not to rate him at the bottom - not a lot to really base judgments off of in just 1 performance - And after all, it was his fatal mistake to walk away from the role, thinking he was above it - and could have a better career.... maybe he should've come back to do 1 more?

i really can't say i love or hate any of them above the other, but this would be my order of preference... they all have their moments where they were/are good and bad - and each has brought something to the table that will have left a lasting impression on all 007 fans..
    1. Sean Connery
    2. Daniel Craig
    3. Timothy Dalton
    4. Pierce Brosnan
    5. George Lazenby
    6. Roger Moore

Despite someone (in this case, Sir Rog) having to take last place, I think every actor who has played Bond has given a good performance in at least one film. Perhaps I put Moore on the bottom because his films weren't as good...but I do like every Bond actor for something.

All in all, there has never been a BAD Bond, IMO.
  • 1. Moore
    2. Brosnan
    3. Connery
    4. Dalton
    5. Craig
    6. Lazenby

Not a big fan of Craig's Bond at the moment, has the postential to improve. I was a Brosnan fan, but after watching the films over and over again Moore has grown on me.
    1. Connery
    2. Craig
    3. Dalton
    4. Moore
    5. Lazenby (had he done more, he might be higher
    6. Brosnan
    1.Brosnan
    2.Connery
    3.Craig
    4.Lazenby
    5.Moore
    6.Dalton (altough i love both his movies)
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 11,189
    Quoting dragonsky: 1.Brosnan
    Quoting dragonsky: 6.Dalton

That's going to be controversial round here.

Personally I'm glad you're showing some more love for Brozza.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Haven't done this for a while.
    It's not as difficult as I thought it would be.

1. Sean Connery
    2. Roger Moore
    3. Timothy Dalton
    4. Daniel Craig
    5. George Lazenby
    6. Barry Nelson

I kid, I kid.

6. Pierce Brosnan.

Interesting to note that current OO7, Daniel Craig isn't always so far up peoples lists.
    Quoting Benny: Interesting to note that current OO7, Daniel Craig isn't always so far up peoples lists.
    It is interesting. I find Craig to be far more popular away from this website just like I find Dalton to be far more popular on this website (and CBn) than he is in "the real world".
    Quoting jaguar007: It is interesting. I find Craig to be far more popular away from this website just like I find Dalton to be far more popular on this website (and CBn) than he is in "the real world".
    True enough, but I moreso find that Brosnan is far more popular outside of the immediate Bond fan community. In a public poll on IMDb I believe, Connery was scored first, followed by Brosnan, then Craig, then Dalton. Moore was surprisingly last, even after Lazenby.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Goes to show what the 'general public' or 'the man on the street' know about Bond.
    But then, not everyone is going to be as devoted as us.
    Moore last, who'd have thunk it? Poor shame.
    Quoting Bond: True enough, but I moreso find that Brosnan is far more popular outside of the immediate Bond fan community. In a public poll on IMDb I believe, Connery was scored first, followed by Brosnan, then Craig, then Dalton. Moore was surprisingly last, even after Lazenby.
    I remember the imdb poll back in 08 (just before QoS was released), but I think you have Brosnan and Craig flipped. Connery #1, Craig #2 with Brosnan #3. I was really surprised that Dalton has out voted Moore.
    Quoting BAIN123: That's going to be controversial round here.

Personally I'm glad you're showing some more love for Brozza.
    yes i know.altough i wanted to but connery no. 1 as classic and every new Bond want to be like him i decided for Pierce.i have nothing wrong with Dalton i was thinking to put Moore as no. 6 but i didnt.just Moore and Dalton dont look like Bond.when someone will say i Bond i dont imagine them.i like Dalton movies both were great :)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2011 Posts: 4,399
    i personally really like Craig - and i would put him as my favorite - but i want to see how his next Bond film (and hopefully Bond 24) turns out.. if they turn out to be good, and not total garbage, he may just usurp Connery, for me anyway.... again, now that this whole CR/QOS storyline involving Vesper is firmly behind us, hopefully they allow Craig to move forward into a more traditional Bond type of role, and let him have a little bit of fun with it, like he seems to want... - it was starting to crack through a bit in QOS, with some of him dry remarks and snobbery, but his performance was still bound by the overall story..... we'll see though.... hopefully this will be Craig's "Goldfinger" or "The Spy Who Loved Me".. and not "The World Is Not Enough".
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Such a toughie, but right now, I guess it would be...

1. Conners/ Sir Rog
    2. Dan Craig
    3. Lazers
    4. The Brozzer
    5. Timbo
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 503
    Quoting St_George:
    • 5. Timbo

Great to see someone else sharing my opinion in this, @St_George. Timmy never convinced me for a second.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Quoting Bond:
    Great to see someone else sharing my opinion in this, @St_George. Timmy never convinced me for a second.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm far from averse to Timbo as an actor. He's terrifically talented. But his stageyness as Bond too often almost errs on camp for me. The balance and wit required for a successful cinematic Bond just wasn't there enough with Dalton. As a 'modern serious' 007, Craig has hit it in a way Timbo never did. In fact, the former may even have nailed it. It's all opinion, though, of course... ;)
    1. Connery
    2. Craig
    3. Lazenby
    4. Moore
    5. Brosnan
    6. Dalton