What's For Dinner?

2»

Comments

• Tonight's meal will be a little more pedestrian over here. Coat pork chops with dijon mustard, bread and bake. Some bacon/cheddar potato skins and summer corn. I'm cheating on the skins, they are coming out of a bag :)
    I'm prepping a chicken, bacon and petit pois risotto for dinner tonight :P
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 3,494
    I'm prepping a chicken, bacon and petit pois risotto for dinner tonight :P

Very nice! Sounds like you win tonight's gourmet challenge :P
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Roast potatoes, steamed mixed vegetables and 2 fillets of grilled salmon.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    edited July 2013 Posts: 987
    Dinner was Saunders favourite meal of the day. When he was stationed in the home counties it was always the same. It consisted of very strong tea, from Tesco Express in Denmark Street, brewed in a chipped brown teapot, of which he drank two large cups, milky and with two spoonfuls of sugar. The single ready meal, in the black plastic tub with a pierced film lid over the top, was microwaved for three and a third minutes.
    It was a not even fresh, classic cottage pie from Sainsbury's purchased by the good Mrs Saunders from some supermarket in the area...Then there was a thick, whole New York cheesecake, a squat plastic pot containing a generous portion of Sainsbury's own double cream and a Twirl, the chocolate bar from Cadburys, the chocolate maker. The teapot and the mug were Woolworths, and the white and blue crockery was Tesco home ware, of much the same quality and durability as the cottage pie plastic container.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That was dinner every day??? Your cholesterol and weight levels must be astronomical. Kudos on the flemingesque description though.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Risotto a la Willy.

Don't let the name fool you....

1004497_687326507948367_238480915_n.jpg

It's not really a risotto ;-)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2013 Posts: 17,830
    I ate a simple meal of potatoes, carrot and parsnip mash, bacon slice and beans, followed by a lemon drink and a cup of tea. Hey, I could be a monk with a diet like that!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    For dinner, I laid out three slices of non-buttered bread on my plate. Voilà! Dinner is served! Not quite.

I added a cheese slice to each piece of bread. Then I cooked three chicken sausages, some well-done bacon and three fried eggs with more than a sprinkle of chilli flakes. Put all of this on top of the cheese so it can melt. Ate it with my hands, as you do. As usual, I could feel the cholesterol forcing its way through my arteries.
  • AgentCalibosAgentCalibos Banned
    QBranch wrote:
    You won't get Bond's reputation by living on a diet of wild rice- so on tonight's menu, we have Beluga caviar, quail's eggs, vodka, foie gras, Strasbourg, and a lovely Miss Fearing to finish it all off.
    Bon appétit.

"Oooo Royal Beluga....North of the Caspian."

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Just getting ready to cook my version of some kind of tomato based Italian chicken.
    Just reading this thread makes me so hungry! Well, except @Saunders - but his did ake me smile. Especially as I drink milk tea every day.

"Tomato-based Italiano Chicken" by 4EverBonded:

Cut up dark meat chicken, skinned. Fry chicken in virgin olive oil (in my electric hot pot - the only cooking equipment I am allowed to have in my apartment) Leave to drain on paper towel. Then:
    Open packets of store bought Italian seasoned tomato sauce - but it's in Japanese, so I had to guess mostly. Pour into the hot pot. Found a good combination on the third try at this. Two have red chili in them for some spice, one has mushroom, and one eggplant. To this, while sauteing, I add Magic Salt mix (not much), basil, and oregano (yeah, I like both), about 1/4 cup of red wine, and let that simmer for a bit.
    Add the chicken back in.
    Finally, add appropriate amount (like 1/3 of a bag) of frozen rice that has small peas, some corn kernals, and small shrimp.
    Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, then pour into a bowl and eat.
    With more wine to drink with this, naturally.
    I make this about 4 times a month now that I have found the right combo.
    Sikh kebabs and spiced basmati rice with peanuts.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2013 Posts: 17,830
    Cake and tea for dinner tonight. Keeping it simple.
    KFC style fried chicken with wedges and dips for me. My body is a temple. A temple of fat
  • KFC style fried chicken with wedges and dips for me. My body is a temple. A temple of fat

Those original boneless breasts are bad ass and those commercials "I ate the bones" are pretty funny too! The kids didn't get pizza last week so tonight I have to give in.

• AgentCalibosAgentCalibos Banned
    Super Bacon Burger from Carls Jr with onion rings, large coke and one of those new pop tart ice cream sandwiches they brought out.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 3,494
    Super Bacon Burger from Carls Jr with onion rings, large coke and one of those new pop tart ice cream sandwiches they brought out.

I don't have any of these or even a Hardee's anywhere near me, that sounds good. 5 Guys have the best burgers out there IMHO. Wendy's are second.

Now munching on a bacon/beef/roasted red pepper pizza along with bacon/jalapeno cheesy bread from Domino's. Tasty!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited July 2013 Posts: 23,576
    Too much useless post count boosting going on here. People can post what they're having for dinner on the activity pages. This needs no thread on a James Bond forum. What's next? Which song are you listening to on your iPod? Which bird have you just spotted? Come on, folks. This is an excuse for spam.
This discussion has been closed.