Favourite Non-Bond movies Bond actors have starred in?

Comments

Roger - 'The Man Who Haunted Himself'. , Sean - 'Woman of Straw' , George Lazenby 'The Newman Shame' , Tim Dalton - 'The Lion in Winter' , Pierce Brosnan 'Evelyn', Daniel Craig = that Sylvia Plaith movie ( can't remember title).
  • Pierce Brosnan was in Mrs Doubtfire ?
    He's really funny in it- especially at the end when he keeps getting offended by Mrs. Doubtfire but tries to hide it- and that hilarious face he makes when her fake teeth fall out!

My favorite part is when Pierce drops off Sally Field and sees Mrs Doubtfire watching from the window- Pierce waves 'hello' and as soon as he looks away.....

tumblr_mb44ciW4LN1qeafupo1_500.png
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    Connery - 'The Offence'
    Lazenby - 'The Kentucky Fried Movie'*
    Moore - 'Gold'
    Dalton - 'The Lion In Winter'
    Brosnan - 'The Long Good Friday'*
    Craig - 'The Road To Perdition'

(*Appeared briefly in.)
  • Jason19 wrote:
    Roger - 'The Man Who Haunted Himself'. , Sean - 'Woman of Straw' , George Lazenby 'The Newman Shame' , Tim Dalton - 'The Lion in Winter' , Pierce Brosnan 'Evelyn', Daniel Craig = that Sylvia Plaith movie ( can't remember title).

It was called 'Sylvia.' ;)
  • Brendoge wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    Brendoge wrote:
    What about TV? For Dalton fans, and fans of the spy genre; you should watch a television show called Chuck. In Season 4 Dalton plays the convincing and memorable main villain, Alexi Volkoff.
    He was on six episodes, and it was glorious!
    I love Volkoff's truly evil moments like this:

There were some scenes where Dalton looked noticeably older due to wrinkles and bags under his eyes (perhaps on some days he hadn't gotten enough sleep?) but then in scenes like this I though, wow, give him a better toupee and some hair dye and he could play Bond now.

It's too bad that ever since The Untouchables Sean Connery has basically played "Sean Connery" because he gave some great character performances prior to that. I recently saw The Anderson Tapes (an interestingly prescient film) and it was really cool to see Connery playing a somewhat "un-cool" guy (at least not as cool or commanding as what he usually plays).

Interesting that when Sean did Darby O'Gill and the Little People he suppressed his Scots accent and went more Irish - but then for The Untouchables he basically said "Ah, screw it!" Then there's The Hunt for Red October..!

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I though, wow, give him a better toupee and some hair dye and he could play Bond now.
    No way. Just as he is, and let him play an older Bond, like Connery did in NSNA, and it would ROCK!!!
    Oh, and I believe that's not a toupee... am I wrong?

:-?
  • Connery - The Rock
    Lazenby - N/A
    Moore - Wild Geese
    Dalton - The Rocketeer, Looney Tunes: Back In Action
    Brosnan - The Tailor of Panama, The Matador, and The Ghost Writer
    Craig - Cowboys and Aliens, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
    To Chrisall - Yes ,Tim Dalton looks better now than in 1987 - I like a rugged world weary Bond.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Connery - Marnie

Lazenby - Emmanuelle's Secret ;-)

Moore - Escape To Athena

Dalton - Bitter Suite (a.k.a. Time Share)

Brosnan - The Ghost Writer

Craig - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
    Connery - Hunt For Red October
    Moore - Gold, Wild Geese
    Dalton - The Rocketeer, Hawks (if you have not seen Hawks then you must see it - also featured Anthony Edwards - Goose from Top Gun)
    Bosnan - Tailor of Panama - loved how he played a "anti-Bond".
    Craig - has to be Layer Cake..superb from beginning to end and a brilliant soundtrack!
  • chrisisall wrote:
    I though, wow, give him a better toupee and some hair dye and he could play Bond now.
    No way. Just as he is, and let him play an older Bond, like Connery did in NSNA, and it would ROCK!!!
    Oh, and I believe that's not a toupee... am I wrong?

:-?

Yep, it's a toupee but a subtle one, which are the ones that work best (like on Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense or Connery in The Russia House). It thickens up the top and covers his bald spot, but isn't so low or thick at the front to look fake (like Connery's anytime from GF onwards). There are a couple of pics I've seen of Dalton bending over without it on and the hair up top is extremely sparse.

There was a very interesting interview with a "toupee-maker to the stars" on the Howard Stern show many years ago that shed a lot of light on who does and doesn't get "help" with their hair (he wouldn't talk about his own clients but would tell stories about everyone else!). IIRC this was the first time that I heard that Brosnan needed to get his hair "thickened" (I don't believe that he wore a hairpiece of any kind) by the time that DAD rolled around - or was it TWINE?

I always admired Dalton for refusing a partial toupee for LTK but I found that the "messy" hairstyle they gave him didn't do him any favours. I wonder if Craig will wear one in the years to come? He's always had a high hairline but the corners are starting to go quite noticeably now (but short haircuts always make your hair look thicker). He told a story around the time of QoS where he made a joke and accidentally insulted a guy who, as it turned out, was wearing a toupee. Craig said that he was mortified because "I'll need to wear one in just a few years".

Amazing how many times threads around here get to talking about hair..!

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Craig: Road To Perdition, Layer Cake
    Brosnan: Mrs Doubtife
    Connery: hard to choose, but I'll pick The Untouchables
    Yep, it's a toupee but a subtle one, which are the ones that work best

Wow, I would have SWORE it's not the case!!! I'm so schooled, thanks. I keep learning new Bond stuff every week now.

B-)
  • chrisisall wrote:

Wow, I would have SWORE it's not the case!!! I'm so schooled, thanks. I keep learning new Bond stuff every week now.

B-)

This is what Dalton's hair really looks like (excuse the trashy article):

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/timothy-dalton-warns-mel-gibson-236181
    That article makes me sad... 8-|
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    chrisisall wrote:

B-)

This is what Dalton's hair really looks like (excuse the trashy article):

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/timothy-dalton-warns-mel-gibson-236181

if i still have hair like that at 64, then i'd be a happy man lol..
  • Connery: No idea. Haven't seen a film of him outside of the Bond series.
    Lazenby: Likewise
    Moore: Likewise
    Dalton: Toy Story 3 :P
    Brosnan: Mrs. Doubtfire
    Craig: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Layer Cake and Cowboys & Aliens. (Waiting to see Defiance)
  • Craig: Cowboys & Aliens ,Munich ,Archangel
    Dalton: The Beautician and the Beast,Brenda Starr
    Connery: First Knight ,A Good Man in Africa ,The Hunt for Red October
    Moore: Escape to Athena,The Man Who Haunted Himself
    Lazenby: The Man from Hong Kong
    Brosnan: The Tailor of Panama, The Matador
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Connery: No idea. Haven't seen a film of him outside of the Bond series.

:O

i find that extremely impressive - in the hard to believe way... i mean..

Hunt For Red October
    Medicine Man
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    The Untouchables
    The Rock
    First Knight
    Entrapment
    Highlander
    A Bridge Too Far

wow - thats just.... wow.. lol.

Connery: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    Lazenby: [tumbleweed blows across the street]
    Moore: Umm...
    Dalton: The Rocketeer
    Brosnan: The Tailor of Panama
    Craig: Infamous
    HASEROT wrote:
    Connery: No idea. Haven't seen a film of him outside of the Bond series.

:O

i find that extremely impressive - in the hard to believe way... i mean..

Hunt For Red October
    Medicine Man
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    The Untouchables
    The Rock
    First Knight
    Entrapment
    Highlander
    A Bridge Too Far

wow - thats just.... wow.. lol.

Also:

The Man Who Would Be King and The Name of the Rose

and ZARDOZ!!!!!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Connery: The Russia House, The Name of the Rose, The Rock, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (prob my favourite of the bunch), The Untouchables, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Robin and Marian, The Man Who Would be King.

Lazenby: Sorry, OHMSS was the only one I watched.

Moore: would be easier if TV could count (must have watched most episodes of The Saint), but I'll try. The Cannonball Run, The Wild Geese, Curse of the Pink Panther, Sherlock Holmes in New York (this was so bad but I kind of enjoyed it, in fact I could I could say the same about the other films too).

Dalton: again, if TV series would count this would be a lot easier, he was great in Chuck and in Jane Eyre. I remember him the Rocketeer, The Tourist, Hot Fuzz. I would love him to make more in cinema.

Brosnan: this is a case when I think he works best when he's not Bond. The Tailor of Panama, Matador, Ghost Writer, The Fifth Protocol, The Thomas Crown Affair, After the Sunset (Naomi Harris was quite funny in this one), Mamma Mia (guilty pleasure of mine but he was terrible there)

Craig: Cowboys and Aliens (I loved it, the best fun I had in theater in 2011), The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Sylvia, Munich, Tintin: the Secret of the Unicorn, Layer Cake, Road to Perdition.
    I
    Sandy wrote:
    Connery: The Russia House, The Name of the Rose, The Rock, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (prob my favourite of the bunch), The Untouchables, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Robin and Marian, The Man Who Would be King.

Lazenby: Sorry, OHMSS was the only one I watched.

Moore: would be easier if TV could count (must have watched most episodes of The Saint), but I'll try. The Cannonball Run, The Wild Geese, Curse of the Pink Panther, Sherlock Holmes in New York (this was so bad but I kind of enjoyed it, in fact I could I could say the same about the other films too).

Dalton: again, if TV series would count this would be a lot easier, he was great in Chuck and in Jane Eyre. I remember him the Rocketeer, The Tourist, Hot Fuzz. I would love him to make more in cinema.

Brosnan: this is a case when I think he works best when he's not Bond. The Tailor of Panama, Matador, Ghost Writer, The Fifth Protocol, The Thomas Crown Affair, After the Sunset (Naomi Harris was quite funny in this one), Mamma Mia (guilty pleasure of mine but he was terrible there)

Craig: Cowboys and Aliens (I loved it, the best fun I had in theater in 2011), The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Sylvia, Munich, Tintin: the Secret of the Unicorn, Layer Cake, Road to Perdition.

True his singing was pretty horrendous (he even mocks that himself) but I think he had some quite nice, charming moments in it. I love how he dodges the Bond style introduction and leaves that to Colin Firth.
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Connery - Marnie

Yes, this is great. Watched it last night. It's Connery in his prime and his delivery and menace are fantastic. Classic Hitchcock.

It's available to watch in parts on YouTube:

• edited July 2013 Posts: 23
    Connery- The Frightened City, Marnie, The Hill, The Molly Maguires, The Anderson Tapes, The Offence, The Man Who Would Be King, Outland, The Name of the Rose, The Untouchables, The Hunt For Red October, Rising Sun, The Rock

Lazenby- The Shrine of Ultimate Bliss-(U.S.A. Title: A Man Called Stoner, or Stoner), The Man From Hong Kong-(U.S.A. Title: The Dragon Flies), A Queens Ransom

Moore- The Last Time I Saw Paris, The Fiction Makers, Crossplot, Gold, Shout At The Devil, The Wild Geese, Escape To Athena

Dalton- The Lion In Winter, Wuthering Heights, Flash Gordon, Brenda Starr, The Beautician and the Beast

Brosnan- Taffin, The Fourth Protocol, Live Wire, The Thomas Crown Affair, After The Sunset

Craig- Road To Predition, Layer Cake, Munich, The Invasion, Cowboys & Aliens, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
    Connery : The Man who would be the KIng, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Great Train Robbery, Dragonheart, The Rock, Marnie, The Untouchables, The Name of the Rose

Lazenby : The man from Hong Kong

Moore : Gold, Escape to Ethena, The Wild Geese,

Dalton : The Rocketeer, The Lion in Winter

Brosnan : Mrs Doubtfire, The fourth protocol, Live wire, The Thomas Cron Affair

Craig : Layer Cake
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Connery:
    -Untouchables
    -Indy 3
    -Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (uncredited role!)
    -Highlander
    -The Rock
    -Entrapment
    -First Knight
    -Marnie
    -Dragonheart (voice role)
    -Never Say Never Again ;)

Dalton:
    -Hot Fuzz
    -Rocketeer

Brosnan:
    -Thomas Crown Affair
    -Mars Attacks
    -Mrs. Doubtfire
    -Dante's Peak (saw this in cinemas- not a fan of disaster films but this was decent)
    -Lawnmower Man

Craig:
    -Layer Cake
    -Sylvia
    -Tomb Raider
    -Road to Perdition
    -The Power of One
    -Golden Compass

I really need to see moore non-Bond films with Roger. Recommendations?
    The Quest with Jean-Claud Van Dam. ;)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Ha ha, I had a feeling someone would 'recommend' The Jest Quest.

I've seen it before, but can't remember anything about it. That should tell me something. ;)