Daniel Craig wants to be evil

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited May 2013 in Actors Posts: 13,350
James Bond star Daniel Craig would love to play a villain in a 007 movie.

The Skyfall actor is still under contract for two more Bond films. But he fancies a shock return as a baddie such as Jaws or Blofeld.

Daniel, 45, said: “We could change the plot. I could do it. It is the movies after all and it is fantasy.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/317007/Daniel-Craig-wants-to-be-evil

I have no idea where this quote has come from.

Comments

This is deffo taken out of an interview (one I haven't read though). It is one of those quotes, that DC most likely said in vein. I have read too many of those to not recognize it. Nothing to be taken serious,.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I thought the same, maybe he said "after I finish with Bond", then the rest but that's been missed of on purpose.

I can't wait for the media to spin this.
    Its been on twitter, but its something, that was most likely an answer to some stupid questionand not meant serious. It sounds like that.
  • It's just an actor's mind-set. "I could play this. I could play that. Teenage? No problem. 95 years old? Piece of cake." Besides, many actors will tell you that it's a lot more fun to play the villain than the good guy...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited May 2013 Posts: 16,330
    I'd love to see Daniel as a Star Trek villain. He did say he wanted to be in a Star Trek movie when the 2009 J.J. Abrams film came out.

• edited May 2013 Posts: 4
    Goddamn media... why do they have to spin everythig to suit their agenda? I for one know Craig will stay tru to the role.

Edited by moderator
    No need to sign your posts
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited May 2013 Posts: 1,257
    Just a tongue-in-cheek response much like Dench suggesting " I could go on for years. Maybe I'll come back as a ghost" when asked about returning to the franchise as M.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    We all read this stuff and find it but we all know its never going to happen.They're just saying it to keep popular.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 2,782
    Apparently from my shwbiz mate two stories that will make you think that DC has an evil streak:
    These stories are of course not the views of the mi6 team but some goss from showbiz land...

Double agent
           The good and bad in Daniel Craig

GOOD
       "Re: him being grumpy on a plane, I was next to him in The Square restaurant in London and he was  really chirpy then. But that was  probably the three bottles of Chateau Margaux!"

BAD
       "The story about Daniel Craig being an arse on Virgin flights reminded me of a similar story a few years back. A friend of mine was working as a runner for the Beeb and they were always under strict instructions never to treat celebs like 'celebs' and ask for autographs etc. My  friend's fellow runner was a huge Bond fan and broke the golden rule when he asked Craig for a quick signature. Craig was very charming and told him not to worry. The runner was overjoyed telling everyone how down to earth the actor was. And yet perhaps he wasn't.

The runner was promptly sacked."
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Re the second story, don't you think it's more probable that someone knew about the story, since he was telling everyone? Conclusion: if you do something in your work you shouldn't have done don't brag about it.
    It's just an actor's mind-set. "I could play this. I could play that. Teenage? No problem. 95 years old? Piece of cake." Besides, many actors will tell you that it's a lot more fun to play the villain than the good guy...

I used to do acting, I concur. Villains are the best characters. Or pathetic people.
    @username. Its his manner to say "Piss off" if he feels like that, but its ridiculous and bad mouthing someone to think, he had him fired afterwards. Sandys conclusion makes a lot more sense. There is certainly some bad boy in him with a temper, but by no mean is he mean.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sandy wrote:
    Re the second story, don't you think it's more probable that someone knew about the story, since he was telling everyone? Conclusion: if you do something in your work you shouldn't have done don't brag about it.

Exactly. And while it doesn't go along with those exact guidelines, I can't count the amount of stories I've seen online of people who have hit other cars (or pedestrians) and fled the scene, only to post about it on social networking sites later on and find themselves swiftly arrested.

On topic, I think Daniel Craig would make a good villain in a film, though my first instinct would be to root for him.
    I would like to see a spy thriller non-Bond movie with Craig as the villain.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Apparently from my shwbiz mate two stories that will make you think that DC has an evil streak:
    These stories are of course not the views of the mi6 team but some goss from showbiz land...

Double agent
           The good and bad in Daniel Craig

GOOD
       "Re: him being grumpy on a plane, I was next to him in The Square restaurant in London and he was  really chirpy then. But that was  probably the three bottles of Chateau Margaux!"

BAD
       "The story about Daniel Craig being an arse on Virgin flights reminded me of a similar story a few years back. A friend of mine was working as a runner for the Beeb and they were always under strict instructions never to treat celebs like 'celebs' and ask for autographs etc. My  friend's fellow runner was a huge Bond fan and broke the golden rule when he asked Craig for a quick signature. Craig was very charming and told him not to worry. The runner was overjoyed telling everyone how down to earth the actor was. And yet perhaps he wasn't.

The runner was promptly sacked."

Stories like these make me laugh my arse off, because some actually see them as so called "hard evidence". Fleming forbid Dan isn't in the best mood on a plane full of fools pining for his autograph, no doubt, and then he is to be blamed when a so called professional was told not to ask for autographs, but did anyway. Your "friend" was fired for being a child and breaking orders, not because Dan had him booted out of anger; that's just common sense. Sometimes I feel it is a lost art, where ignorance has taken its place.
    Even in the role of James Bond Daniel Craig bears the perfect evil looks of the chess playing villain and Robert Shaw in From Russia With Love!
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    senthilvel wrote:
    Even in the role of James Bond Daniel Craig bears the perfect evil looks of the chess playing villain and Robert Shaw in From Russia With Love!

He looks like Robert Shaw too!
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 48
    Craig is an admixture of Steve Mcquin, James Stewart, Robert Shaw, ..... many other villainic actors but more resembles the unknown chess playing side kick of Spectre Chief in From Russia With Love. In some angles he also reminds Telly Savalas of OHMSS if his head is shaven. Even the Goldfinger's Korean side kick with only one dialogue 'haa' will also perfectly suit Craig's stature if he opts to play villain in a remake of Goldfinger.