The brand new guess the character

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    timmer wrote:
    OK it's up now; it wasn't earlier.
    What a great round!

Oh, then my apologies to @timmer. I hadn't realized. :\">
    Actually I think you might be right though. I didn't look up. I didn't realize he'd edited his own post. I was looking for something new. My bad.

Yeah, that confused me too.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 388
    Okay, this is my first time so go easy on me. I daresay I won't be nearly as good as @Baltimore but here goes...

#1 Pride comes before a fall
    #2 I was worried, but it turned out okay. For a little while...
    #3 I was betrayed. Twice.
    #4 I have at least one thing in common with Victor Zokas
    #5 I never saw a Double 0 but expected to see many more

I'll continue in the same spirit the game has been played. So the character is a recognized and easily visable talking character with some significant screen time. All clues are factual & relevant. There are no red herrings.

There's certainly enough to be getting on with for the time being. I will pop in every day to see how you're all doing! Good luck!
  • Is it Davidov?
    Steven Obanno maybe?
  • It is neither Steven Obanno or Davidov, I'm afraid. But both good guesses @Soundofthesinners and @Rogertheclown - I can see how some of the clues would fit each.
    Kronsteen?
  • Hi @JWESTBROOK. It's not Kronsteen either but, again, I can see how he would fit some of the clues. Good work and keep guessing. I'll post another clue shortly!
  • James Bond!

Just kidding.

Silva?
    Scaramanga's guard/henchmen, the black guy who falls into the radioactive whatever after Goodnight tricks him?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    James Bond!

Just kidding.

Silva?

Don't joke. I once won one of these rounds that had dragged on for quite some time by correctly guessing James Bond.
    Good guesses folks, but it's not James Bond, Raoul Silva or Scaramanga's Guard (I couldn't even remember who he was at first - made me realise I haven't seen TMWTGG in years!). Here are two more clues:

#6 I'm always in second place.
    #7 Bond got something (even though he shouldn't have). They said I got one too. But I didn't.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    #5 really gets me. No idea yet.
    Jaws? Again, No. 5 throws it off. But we'll try...
    Amazing. Not to mention incredible

Before, things remained dormant and inactive for so long, someone else comes in and has a go, and people are falling over themselves to participate

Or maybe it's no surprise at all

I feel like having one more attempt at this, for two reasons. One being, it's maybe my favorite item on these pages, and I actually enjoy these rounds, although it's nothing how I remember it from a year or two ago, in that there's far less activity now

I'll have a go at Helga Brandt and see where it takes us
    It's not Jaws or Helga Brandt. Keep at it though!

Great to see you back @Baltimore. Please stick around, even if it's just for this thread!

P.S. Just a thought, but maybe one of the reasons why this thread is relatively quiet is that it's so long - well over 3000 posts. I usually access the forum on my iphone but it's practically impossible to view this thread on the mobile version of the site, due to the way it's formatted. It would literally take about 30 minutes to scroll to the bottom.

Maybe for the next round we could start a new thread: "Guess the Character (continued)"? with a link to the last page of this thread in the top post? Would make it a lot easier for mobile members to get involved...
    Is it the double used in Thunderball to crash the plane and steal the warheads?
    Can't think of his name.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Is it the double used in Thunderball to crash the plane and steal the warheads?
    Can't think of his name.

Sorry JWESTBROOK, it's not Angelo either (I only remember his name because of the way Fiona Volpe pronounces it with her very alluring Italian accent...). Good guess again though - I can see how he would fit in very well with #2, #3 and #6 particularly. You're clearly thinking along the right lines!

I want to keep this moving so I will post another 2 clues at the end of the day - carry on guessing in the meantime!
    I'll have a go at Kratt - Le Chiffre's right hand man
    Only works for some of them, but Kerim Bey?
    I'm afraid it's neither Kratt nor Kerim Bey @Rogertheclown and @Thepastykid.

Here are two more clues

#7 Bond got something (even though he shouldn't have). They said I got one too. But I didn't.
    #8 I received some very good news and then some very disturbing news.
    #9 My success was the beginning of the end.

Incorrect guesses: Angelo, Davidov, Helga Brandt, James Bond, Jaws, Kerim Bey, Kratt, Kronsteen, Raoul Silva, Scaramanga's henchman, Steven Obanno
  • oo7oo7
    zorin
    Sergei Barsov
    Will say Georgi Koskov as one or two clues add up, but probably incorrect
    May as well have another go at this while time permits itself and say Emilio Largo
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Patrice?
    Zao?
  • Dryden?
    Good guesses all (particularly Dryden who would fit quite a few of the clues) but none correct I'm afraid. Here are clues #10 and #11, which I hope will help you narrow it down some more...

#8 I received some very good news and then some very disturbing news.
    #9 My success was the beginning of the end.
    #10 Bond probably wouldn't approve of my financial arrangements
    #11 Ian Fleming wouldn't recognise me. But he wouldn't expect to.

Incorrect guesses: Angelo, Davidov, Dryden, Emilio Largo, Georgi Koskov, Helga Brandt, James Bond, Jaws, Kerim Bey, Kratt, Kronsteen, Patrice, Raoul Silva, Scaramanga's henchman, Sergei Barsov, Steven Obanno, Zao, Zorin
  • Cl. Moon/Gustav Graves?
    006? The only one that bugs me still is #5. I'm trying to think of characters, like Kronsteen, who never actually met a double O, but very well could have. And it's hard.