Brosnan and Kurylenko team up for new Spy movie

2»

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote:
    As long as Brosnan doesn't sport a buzz cut or a moustache, this movie should rock.

Fingers crossed for 5 o'clock shadow. [-O<
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    While I'm looking forward to the movie I'm not 100% sure on Kurylenko. She's fit and she's a decent actress imo but her movie track record isn't great.

I've seen her in

Max Payne: Honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I was really looking forward to it too. I like Mark Wahlberg and I loved the video games it was based on, but this was crap and so was everybody in it, Olga included.

Quantum Of Solace: I thought Camille was a character that sounds interesting on paper but was utterly forgettable in the movie. To be fair it's the scripts fault more than Olga's. As for the movie itself, I enjoy it more than I used to but I think it's still one of the weaker Bond films and I'll never understand why some people here have it above classics like the Dalton flicks, TSWLM, etc.

Seven Psychopaths: And we come to the only really good film on my list. I thought this was great even if it wasn't as good as In Bruges. Olga was good in it but was outshone by the rest of the cast.

She was quite a good love interest in the Hitman film.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Is it based on this?

http://www.amazon.com/The-November-Man-Bill-Granger/dp/0446324736/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367100973&sr=8-1&keywords=the+november+man

Meet Devereaux.Covert operative from the top secret R Section.An intelligence agency founded by President Kennedy after the CIA botched the bay of pigs operation.R Sections function is to essentially spy on the spys.After receiving orders to go to England to meet with an informant demanding 30,000$ for information about an alleged plot to assassinate a high ranking member of the British Royal Family, the reluctant Deveroux is drawn into a complex web of deceit,treachery,and inter-agency backstabbing of the most lethal varieties.A no nonsense character, Devereaux has many enemies{or are they friends?} to contend with, not least of which is Soviet agent Desinov who always seems to appear at crucial times.Who are the plotters of the assassination and what are their motivations? Is it the IRA, KGB, CIA, or some other unknown entity? The story unfolds with brisk pacing and an exceptional feel for the dialects of Ireland. The concept of the upstart R Section is an interesting one for it makes for natural intrigue and suspense.Who are the good guys and who are the villains? The line is most assuredly blurred.Author Bill Granger invests his protagonist Devereaux with an angst and cynicism that can only come from having been in the game for many years.
    Show more
    Show less

Here is one review.

The November Man is on of the best series I have ever read, and yes, I have read the masters as well. Deveraux is the tormented soul, deeper than Bourne ever was, cold as ice and not because he wanted to be. You feel for him. You root for him and you cry for him. The writing is sublime. I wish there were more. I am sad to hear that Mr. Granger (former Chicago Tribune journalist) suffered a stroke and lost a lot of his memory. I still go back and read his books. This was the first. I hear, FINALLY, that a movie is coming out based on November Man. Guess who is going to play him??? Ding Ding Pierce Brosnan. Here's to you Bill for a fantastic series.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Yes, it's based on that novel. One of 13 books. The hopes are for a series if the first does well enough.
  • chrisisall wrote:
    As long as Brosnan doesn't sport a buzz cut or a moustache, this movie should rock.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/80/Pierce_Brosnan_at_the_2005_Toronto_Film_Festival.jpg

What are you talking about; this would be a great look for him!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited April 2013 Posts: 17,687
    chrisisall wrote:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/80/Pierce_Brosnan_at_the_2005_Toronto_Film_Festival.jpg

THAT, yes! It's not a buzz cut, and it's not a moustache but a goatee!
    chrisisall wrote:

if he does a biopic on the founder of KFC.....
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    002 wrote:
    if he does a biopic on the founder of KFC.....
    Why you I oughtta...
    but in all seriousness this is great news i really hope that November Man rocks
    and lets face it we all want to see Classic Bond back ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    If Pierce looks anything like this, He will be the ultimate Bad@$$!
    Pierce-Brosnan-Wallpapers-4.jpg
  • JRRJRR
    edited April 2013 Posts: 74
    Brosnan’s past connections with espionage roles, not just to single out his time served as 007, have seasoned him with a credible history to adopt an alternative spy role.

This should be an exciting opportunity for him and his audience to enjoy the world of cloak and dagger once again.

The approach being of a mature spy will lend the film a plausible and realistic edge with Pierce Brosnan having the right qualities to inject life and personality onto the screen, and explore some of the darker characteristics he may have enjoyed as Bond.

Olga is a good cast and beautifully exotic, her influence on the film will heighten the atmosphere of this spy thriller, providing some of her sensual charm and the required anticipation needed to engage and captivate an intelligent expectation.

Brosnan likes to be associated with projects that give the audience what they have come to expect, a sense of quality and honest enjoyment, without just signing up for a large paycheck as some actors/actresses have done to their past detriment.

I hope this film goes well for him and Olga and throws him back some well-deserved kudos for his screen efforts; Sean Connery has proved he can return with successful films like “Entrapment” sharing the big screen with a younger female leading lady, I don’t see that it will be difficult for Pierce Brosnan.
    Well Said JRR

as far as i can tell its sounds like a reversal of The Goldeneye Bond 17 2nd Draft:
    (Anthony Hopkins was suppose to play the person who trained Bond as a 00 Agent who turns to evil thus explaining the whole Lienz Cossak bussiness in a realistic sense)

Except with November Man its the other way around Brosnan has to stop his protoge (played by Dominic Cooper- the guy playing Ian Fleming in a biopic) who has gone rouge