Pierce Brosnan backs first black James Bond

13»

Comments

• edited April 2013 Posts: 612
    Samuel001 wrote:
    If you want to pull the black card, why bother? They already have Felix.

Felix wasn't in Skyfall. And I doubt we'll see his portrayal again, brother.
    I think Brozzer is bitter towards EON. He likes to screw with them, by making provocative statements. Comes across as an attention seeker.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:

Really? There's no reason I can think of for him not appearing again, at least while Craig is Bond.

They even discussed him being in Skyfall!
    Ludovico wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I'm willing to bet that, when Skyfall was being cast, they were looking for specifically a black female to play Moneypenny.

It's been said, see take it how you want, that EON were only ever looking for the best female actor to play the part.

Makes sense. My only objection to Naomie Harris becoming Moneypenny is that she is way too sexy for the role.

Maxwell was mighty fetching in her early years, too. Certainly Harris' equal, IMO.

Yep Lois looked real good in the '60s films, especially in YOLT I thought.
    Ludovico wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I'm willing to bet that, when Skyfall was being cast, they were looking for specifically a black female to play Moneypenny.

It's been said, see take it how you want, that EON were only ever looking for the best female actor to play the part.

Makes sense. My only objection to Naomie Harris becoming Moneypenny is that she is way too sexy for the role.

Maxwell was mighty fetching in her early years, too. Certainly Harris' equal, IMO.

Oh Maxwell was good looking, but I think she had a more... plain kind of beauty. I think Harris is the sexiest of the Moneypennys (Moneypennies?) so far, dangerously close to a Bond girl, which she was of course, but I always considered Moneypenny to be a have a beauty slightly below the one of the Bond girl. But of course in the end it is a matter of taste. And perception: maybe I imagine Lois Maxwell to be plainer than she was because she played the role for so long.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Really? There's no reason I can think of for him not appearing again, at least while Craig is Bond.

Where was he to fit in?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Where was he to fit in?

In interviews Mendes and co. mentioned with the NATO business and the list if this could this bring Felix into the fold. They decided it didn't but it was discussed early on.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Where was he to fit in?

In interviews Mendes and co. mentioned with the NATO business and the list if this could this bring Felix into the fold. They decided it didn't but it was discussed early on.

I thought they could have brought him when M mentioned friends in the CIA who gave them information about Patrice.
    Ludovico wrote:
    Oh Maxwell was good looking, but I think she had a more... plain kind of beauty. I think Harris is the sexiest of the Moneypennys (Moneypennies?) so far, dangerously close to a Bond girl, which she was of course, but I always considered Moneypenny to be a have a beauty slightly below the one of the Bond girl. But of course in the end it is a matter of taste. And perception: maybe I imagine Lois Maxwell to be plainer than she was because she played the role for so long.
    I think you got it. Maxwell was good looking in her prime years, but she was no Bond girl.
    That's a special kind of vavoom.She was no Ursula Andress or Claudine Auger...etc etc.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    timmer wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    I think you got it. Maxwell was good looking in her prime years, but she was no Bond girl.
    That's a special kind of vavoom.She was no Ursula Andress or Claudine Auger...etc etc.

Agreed.

Moneypenny cant be Bond-girl-hot or Bond would want to shag her. She can be attractive enough that us mortal men would fancy her but she shouldnt be quite hot enough that Bond would want a piece. I think Harris fits this bracket reasonably. Shes attractive but Ursula Andress or Eva Green she aint.
    timmer wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

Agreed.

Moneypenny cant be Bond-girl-hot or Bond would want to shag her. She can be attractive enough that us mortal men would fancy her but she shouldnt be quite hot enough that Bond would want a piece. I think Harris fits this bracket reasonably. Shes attractive but Ursula Andress or Eva Green she aint.

I don't know, she may not be Ursula Andress or Eva Green beautiful, but she is IMO Bond girl beautiful. I find her the most beautiful black Bond girl there was and a few steps above the Moneypennies of the past. As an actress, she is fine for the role, much better I think than the previous two. But she is a bit too good looking, I think. I am sure she won't mind if I say this.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Ludovico wrote:
    timmer wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

Agreed.

I don't know, she may not be Ursula Andress or Eva Green beautiful, but she is IMO Bond girl beautiful. I find her the most beautiful black Bond girl there was and a few steps above the Moneypennies of the past. As an actress, she is fine for the role, much better I think than the previous two. But she is a bit too good looking, I think. I am sure she won't mind if I say this.

Not saying shes not fit but shes not challenging for the title with Eva, Ursula or Izabella. Shes Europa league at best.

In terms of Moneypenny shaggability I would go in this order:

Lois (at her peak - not AVTAK obviously)
    Naomie
    Caroline
    Samantha
    I do think Harris is a tad too good-looking to be MP. I think she leans more towards actual Bond-girl territory than traditional MP territory (Maxwell, Bliss, Samantha Bond)
    So be it. MP will just be a little hotter than we are used to for now.
    timmer wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

Agreed.

Modest is probably the word you are looking for. Attractive but not stunning.