2013 Boston Marathon bombings

2»

Comments

• doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    I suggest that, rather than postulate our own theories as to who might be responsible, we should wait until we know more.

It is more than likely that these bombings were religiously motivated, and there will be an inevitable political backlash, however, I would like to think that we are above making uninformed and disrespectful comments so soon after the events of today.

Let's keep this thread free of conspiracy and, until we know more, free of religious or political comment. For now, this thread should be a place to post your condolences and respect.
  • I live in Boston and all day long there have been the sounds helicopters and emergency sirens outside my apartment. It's horrifying that this happened and frightening that it I live so close to the scene of the blasts. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

Man you guys need to be strong....let's find these nutters, homegrown or otherwise these aren't people they just need to be taken out of the gene pool full stop.

A child, an innocent child, not in the army, no political views, just a child...can't even imagine the parents' grief....
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 7,653
    I live in Boston and all day long there have been the sounds helicopters and emergency sirens outside my apartment. It's horrifying that this happened and frightening that it I live so close to the scene of the blasts. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

Man you guys need to be strong....let's find these nutters, homegrown or otherwise these aren't people they just need to be taken out of the gene pool full stop.

A child, an innocent child, not in the army, no political views, just a child...can't even imagine the parents' grief....

The sadness of losing children's lives to violence is sadly the reality of the day and not just in the US. We still live in an age of violence which is instigated by religion, power, wealth and fear.

Last night was a disaster in the US that gets all the publicity while in AFghanistan & Iran plenty of people die every die due to terrorism. Guess who gets all the publicity and the attention & outrage?

That said I expect it to be a bit of domestic terrorism on taxday.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I come into this thread to get answers about the attacks and grieve with the rest of you, but what do I see? Angry political rants, abhorrent beatings of intelligence agencies and religious debates about who is right or wrong. Basically, you were yelling about everything but the bombings and its victims. Pathetic. Is it really that hard for you lot to stop fighting and just give your thoughts and care to the families of the victims? Thanks for burning the welcome mat.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    RIP to those who've died. I wish all the best to the victims and their families.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    RIP to those who've died. I wish all the best to the victims and their families.

Same here.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I come into this thread to get answers about the attacks and grieve with the rest of you, but what do I see? Angry political rants, abhorrent beatings of intelligence agencies and religious debates about who is right or wrong. Basically, you were yelling about everything but the bombings and its victims. Pathetic. Is it really that hard for you lot to stop fighting and just give your thoughts and care to the families of the victims? Thanks for burning the welcome mat.

It's sad. I made the thread to give my condolences and prayers out those who were affected and the posts after mine is sad. They're talking about conspiracies, intelligence agencies, government, and religion being at fault. C'mon... Really? We can't just give out our thoughts and prayers and keep it simple... What a shame.
  • DeLancieFan96DeLancieFan96 Banned
    When i first heard the News I couldn't stand straight. I was shaking. It is a sad fact that this is going to be happening more and more I fear as the country goes down the toilet. And we may never know who does this who is the perpetrator? Or perperators? A lone wolf or our own government? Be safe everyone

It's sad. I made the thread to give my condolences and prayers out those who were affected and the posts after mine is sad. They're talking about conspiracies, intelligence agencies, government, and religion being at fault. C'mon... Really? We can't just give out our thoughts and prayers and keep it simple... What a shame.

Some people here were out of order, however it is difficult not to speculate when such a tragic event happened, since it is a criminal action. With the sadness comes the anger. I try not to pass judgment as there is insufficient evidence, but it does look like an act of Islamist terrorism.
  • I come into this thread to get answers about the attacks and grieve with the rest of you, but what do I see? Angry political rants, abhorrent beatings of intelligence agencies and religious debates about who is right or wrong. Basically, you were yelling about everything but the bombings and its victims. Pathetic. Is it really that hard for you lot to stop fighting and just give your thoughts and care to the families of the victims? Thanks for burning the welcome mat.

yes let's stop ranting being angry and talking trash....as usual.

A mother has lost an 8 year old child....just once Brady stop being the enforcer around here and keep your feelings to yourself...don't make this about you all the time...me me me.

I'm in London this Sunday running for my local hospice charity the other runners with me will show our support for the the people of Boston. Let's stand together and stop falling out over symantics here please.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

yes let's stop ranting being angry and talking trash....as usual.

A mother has lost an 8 year old child....just once Brady stop being the enforcer around here and keep your feelings to yourself...don't make this about you all the time...me me me.

I'm in London this Sunday running for my local hospice charity the other runners with me will show our support for the the people of Boston. Let's stand together and stop falling out over symantics here please.

Yes, I am sooooo self-centered, speaking about the suffering of others. Look at me go like a little narcissistic chauvinist. 8-|
    Amen, you're not a mod and you're sure as hell not this forum's den mother. Let us all discuss this horrendous tragedy in our own way. All of us cope in our own way and there is no right or wrong way to do it. I applaud the natural feelings on display.
    Once again another senseless act on innocent people! Condolences to all those affected. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 7,653

If you want answers you should read a paper or what the news on television. But they know not too much or are not sharing, which I consider a smart move at this time.

These deeds always get greeted by grief, anger and hostility but from what I read in this thread you are trying to be holier than thou since none of the post here are really extreme or hostile. Everybody has his/her questions and voice them in their way. ANd so far there is not one reaction that is over the top.

Brady for once do not try to be moderator since you lack the patience to handle people, information or opinions you disgaree with.

My condolences to anybody who got hurt yesterday albeit in Boston or in Iran after the earthquake or the bombings in Iraq. ANd if I have forgotten anybody my heartfell apologies.

http://reason.com/archives/2013/04/16/three-lessons-from-the-boston-bombing-co

A rather good article on the subject.
  • Thoughts and prayers with those caught up with this in Boston.
    I've asked everyone very politely to keep politics, religion and conspiracy out of this thread.
    I would have also thought that members would have more decency than to bicker childishly in a thread that is in place to show respect to the victims of a bombing.

This will be the last time I ask nicely. Please keep this thread clear of politics, religion, conspiracy theories and in-fighting. I wouldn't think I'd have to even ask that.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    My thoughts and sympathies go out to the families of the victims of this tragedy.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Apologies; families devastated by the actions of cowards no matter where it happens is painful, and invokes reactions from me that aren't nice.

Tears and condolences.
    R.i.p

Depressing to see those who died both had such a huge future that was ripped from them :(
    It is true and we are all complicit MeetBond. When we are shaken and we are shaking the fear takes us and we give in.
    I can't say I am grieving either about Boston or Sudan, because I don't know any of these people, but this incident is very concerning. We all want to live in a society where public events like marathons don't need to be conducted in lock-down mode. Such events sadden. Not only are there 3 dead persons, but 140 others suffering very serious injuries.
    Norwegian islamic fundamentalist supports Boston bombs.

Canadian train terror plot foiled , 2 guys from Iran behind it.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    It's The Crusades all over again, but turned around.
    I've asked several times to keep this thread to respectful comments and words of condolence, rather than religiously themed (or otherwise) conspiracy.

I will open this again if there is evidence that the thread will not continue in the vein in which it has been taking.

This discussion has been closed.