2013 Boston Marathon bombings

AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
edited April 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 2,630
Didn't see a thread on this yet...

130415160314-boston-marathon-explosion-04-c1-main.jpg

Boston police confirmed 3 dead, 130 injured as a result of a terrorist attack in the Boston Marathon occurring today. It happened around 2:50PM EST near the finish line of the marathon. Reports show that people lost limbs and blood was "everywhere". It is a shame that terror still occurs and justice must be served.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/15/explosions-near-finish-of-boston-marathon/

Comments

• edited April 2013 Posts: 57
    Oh god is this September 11 all over again? Oh god let's hope no.

My prayers and best wishes go out to all the families affected and the dead. Stand strong and KNOW that God is on our side in this fight.

If James Bond were real do you think he could of stopped this?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    It is a shame that terror still reigns

It doesn't reign, it pokes its ugly nose up here & there.
    And God IS NOT on our side, He/She/it is off doing other things.

S**t happens, especially when agents are micro-managed, and agencies act like corporations.
    I live in Boston and all day long there have been the sounds helicopters and emergency sirens outside my apartment. It's horrifying that this happened and frightening that it I live so close to the scene of the blasts. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.
    chrisisall wrote:

S**t happens, especially when agents are micro-managed, and agencies act like corporations.

We can agree do disagree on faith...but you are BANG ON when you remark about big government getting involved and micromanaging. Jesus christ, the amount of red tape we have here in Slovenia. Just, imagine what it would be like in Boston.

Mark this down as another big blot on Obama's record to go with Sandy Hook. This happened on his watch while he was more interested in selling Obamacare than saving lives.
    I live in Boston and all day long there have been the sounds helicopters and emergency sirens outside my apartment. It's horrifying that this happened and frightening that it I live so close to the scene of the blasts. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

Me too, we are all thankful for your prayer in times like these. Sorry if I seem a bit upset above but terror attacks just make me so flippin angry.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    chrisisall wrote:

I guess reigns isn't the best word. "Occurs" is better.
    Mark this down as another big blot on Obama's record to go with Sandy Hook. This happened on his watch while he was more interested in selling Obamacare than saving lives.
    Obama is just a cog, like Bush was, feeding the system and hopefully keeping the status quo. Your assessment is incorrect- he's not the problem.
    You paid no attention to Quantum Of Solace, obviously.
  • DB5DB5
    With all due respect I don't think this is the time or place to bringing either religion or poltics into the discussion. I just feel and grieve for the victims and their families.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I mean absolutely no disrespect to anything that happened today, and this is actually quite sad, but I didn't even know the Boston Marathon was happening today, and wouldn't have if not for this tragedy.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 57
    chrisisall wrote:
    Obama is just a cog, like Bush was, feeding the system and hopefully keeping the status quo. Your assessment is incorrect- he's not the problem.
    You paid no attention to Quantum Of Solace, obviously.

Fair point lol becos I actually fell asleep during it. Chrisisall you sound like you have an agenda. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on government. PM or start a thread?
    I mean absolutely no disrespect to anything that happened today, and this is actually quite sad, but I didn't even know the Boston Marathon was happening today, and wouldn't have if not for this tragedy.

Where there is a negative you will always find a positive. Einstein's law. Things have a way of 'balancing out'. Wind against the body - slows the motion.
  • DB5DB5
    Oh and if we want to talk about intelligence failures let's talk about 9/11, when the CIA knew there were two known Al Queada terrorists in the US and didn't inform the FBI of this fact for eight months, just two weeks before the attacks.
    DB5 wrote:
    Oh and if we want to talk about intelligence failures let's talk about 9/11, when the CIA knew there were two known Al Queada terrorists in the US and didn't inform the FBI of this fact for eight months, just two weeks before the attacks.
    Yep. Corporate structure.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    This is not the time or place for a religious or political pissing match.
    do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg

Guilty. I withdraw my food.
    :-L
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Such a terrible and tragic event, and so chilling to watch the bombings in the user uploaded videos.

And yes, it's kind to pay respects and tell tales of what you experienced when this dramatic event happened - please, leave arguments, religious, and political fights out of it. It's pathetic that people cannot join together and NOT argue for just one moment in such a serious event.
  • DB5DB5
    chrisisall wrote:
    DB5 wrote:
    Yep. Corporate structure.

More like stupidity. And complete indifference to what their obsession with "protecting their turf" would ultimately cost the American people. And as long as we're talking about 9/11 let's not forget the culpability of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Condi Rice. In the early months of 2001 they were all obsessing about Iraq and Saddam Hussein when the people in the Clinton administration were trying to tell them that their focus should be on Al Queada and Bin Laden.

My Sons were a few miles away from the incident, sorry if my anger is not well controlled. It's not 'political' to state that the corporate mentality that infests the U.S. government is destroying our security, and has been through many, many administrations.
    I think i'll just stay well out of this, or the direction it may take. Only to give regards to the families involved who lost loved ones today and of course endeavor to find who specifically was behind todays atrocities. Only got the news late. I sincerely hope the individuals who orchestrated todays attack are swiftly recognized and brought to justice. One or two asinine responses from one or two (above) participants did them no favors on this. Once again, my feelings go out to the families involved
  • DB5DB5
    I think i'll just stay well out of this, or the direction it may take. Only to give regards to the families involved who lost loved ones today and of course endeavor to find who specifically was behind todays atrocities. Only got the news late. I sincerely hope the individuals who orchestrated todays attack are swiftly recognized and brought to justice. One or two asinine responses from one or two (above) participants did them no favors on this. Once again, my feelings go out to the families involved

Well as I said I don't think today is the time or place to be talking about "what went wrong" regarding the bombings at the Boston Marathon. 9/11 however is a whole other matter, it's been 12 years and there was a Commission appointed to address this subject and write a report. I think we're sufficently distanced to discuss the intelligence failures regarding 9/11, we've all had plenty of time to grieve for THAT tragedy.

DB5 wrote:

Well as I said I don't think today is the time or place to be talking about "what went wrong" regarding the bombings at the Boston Marathon. 9/11 however is a whole other matter, it's been 12 years and there was a Commission appointed to address this subject and write a report. I think we're sufficently distanced to discuss the intelligence failures regarding 9/11, we've all had plenty of time to grieve for THAT tragedy.

True though that may be, lets leave that discussion to another thread...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Where there is a negative you will always find a positive. Einstein's law. Things have a way of 'balancing out'. Wind against the body - slows the motion.

"Einstein's law"? /:)

I don't think Einstein ever said such a thing.
    DarthDimi wrote:

"Einstein's law"? /:)

I don't think Einstein ever said such a thing.

Newton was the one that talked about equal and opposite reactions, not Einstein...
  • This is horrible..
    My thoughts and love go to the people affected by the attacks..

Guys I have searched Wikileaks for some answers but it has nothing on the Bombings. Has anyone found anything on wikileaks yet??
  • RC7RC7
    Guys I have searched Wikileaks for some answers but it has nothing on the Bombings. Has anyone found anything on wikileaks yet??

It was actually Obama who orchestrated it. He figures if he can stop people from running everywhere, they'll get fat and feed the system. McDonalds and BK are in cahoots with the FBI.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    DB5 wrote:
    With all due respect I don't think this is the time or place to bringing either religion or poltics into the discussion. I just feel and grieve for the victims and their families.

I wholeheartedly concur.

Please, let's keep this thread respectful and let's leave our political and religious views, and assorted conspiracy theories out of the discussion.

My thoughts are with the victims and their families and friends at this difficult time.
    DB5 wrote:
    Agreed. Although religion might come to it if, as I suspect, this disgusting act of terrorism is an act of religious devotion, like 9/11 was. But Obama was spot on when he said there is no republican or democrat today. Only Americans.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 908
    RC7 wrote:

It was actually Obama who orchestrated it. He figures if he can stop people from running everywhere, they'll get fat and feed the system. McDonalds and BK are in cahoots with the FBI.

Sorry to have to say so, but as a joke this is an utter failure (and as an serious opinion it would be quite sick).
This discussion has been closed.