Which 3 consecutive Bonds...?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It is either...

DN-FRWL-GF
    OR
    CR-QoS-Skyfall

It will fluctuate with my mood, but at the moment I pick the latter for sure.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    In 2038 a similar question will be asked online, and Justin Bieiber's first three Bond movies ( Dr. D'Oh, Kill Another Week & The Cyborg Who I Loved) will be picked over & over. Not because they are better than movies of the past, but because they resonate with current sensibilities. So picking Craig's three now is perfectly understandable for younger folks. :)>-
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    I'm going to be boring and follow everyone in saying TLD-LTK-GE.

Both TLD and GE are top 5, and while LTK has dropped its still a good watch
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote:
    In 2038 a similar question will be asked online, and Justin Bieiber's first three Bond movies ( Dr. D'Oh, Kill Another Week & The Cyborg Who I Loved) will be picked over & over. Not because they are better than movies of the past, but because they resonate with current sensibilities. So picking Craig's three now is perfectly understandable for younger folks. :)>-

Not this tired old tripe again. 8-|

If I was resonating with the so-called "current sensibilities" of my age group, I would be texting my thumbs away, posting that I just ate a sandwich (and other useless factoids) and managed to dress myself this morning on Twitter and Facebook, and between all that I would also be saving up money for a Bieber concert tickets.

Get this straight: I HATE the ignorance present in my generation and don't want to be generalized with them, thank you very much. You may think that because I am young I am just as base and ignorant as some in my age group, but you are very off the mark.

I love classic film, and may know more about the Golden Age of Hollywood and all its many actors and directors than you do. I enjoy reading classic literature to explore different periods of thought and exercise my brain. I do not engage in the common drinking and use of drugs that my generation partake in who only do it to fit in at some stupid bloody fraternity or because they think it makes them look cool. I know right from wrong and will let you know when you are talking utter tripe, no matter your background, race or size and I refuse to be a follower just to fit in, and would rather be solitary and at least retain my dignity.

I do not pick CR, QoS and Skyfall because they are "hip" choices or because current trends expect me to. Dan is a fantastic Bond, adds wonderful depth to the character and has supreme commitment to the role and everything it encompasses and I love where the films are going. I adore all three, as they are a wonderful trilogy of films that truly do feel like they are connected in a thread, and each offer a compelling portrait of Bond growing from a rookie to a skilled and seasoned agent while still pleasing fans of action and classic Bond. Sean and Dan are my favorite Bond interpretations, and I love the serious interpretations of the character the most, so it is natural that I am drawn to the great content Craig's first three films contain. That doesn't mean I favor them over DN, FRWL and GF, it is simply that I am interested by their content and have been since they came out. I fully enjoy everything the Craig films have to offer in both substance and spectacle and that hasn't changed either. I do not choose CR, QoS and Skyfall because I am part of some group who likes what is "current" and I certainly don't like being stereotyped and associated with the heavy number of mindless fools filling my generation.

So please, do me a favor in the future and think before you act like you know who I am, what I like and how I act.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    A no brainer for me.
    OP
    AVTAK
    TLD

AVTAK wouldn't be a first choice, but I couldn't live without Octopussy or Daylights.
    Plus with a wonderful John Barry score, Sir Rog and Chris Walken, View to a kill is not the worst film to have with me.
    I bet no-one has TND-TWINE-DAD combo?
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    chrisisall wrote:

Not this tired old tripe again. 8-|

If I was resonating with the so-called "current sensibilities" of my age group, I would be texting my thumbs away, posting that I just ate a sandwich (and other useless factoids) and managed to dress myself this morning on Twitter and Facebook, and between all that I would also be saving up money for a Bieber concert tickets.

Get this straight: I HATE the ignorance present in my generation and don't want to be generalized with them, thank you very much. You may think that because I am young I am just as base and ignorant as some in my age group, but you are very off the mark.

I love classic film, and may know more about the Golden Age of Hollywood and all its many actors and directors than you do. I enjoy reading classic literature to explore different periods of thought and exercise my brain. I do not engage in the common drinking and use of drugs that my generation partake in who only do it to fit in at some stupid bloody fraternity or because they think it makes them look cool. I know right from wrong and will let you know when you are talking utter tripe, no matter your background, race or size and I refuse to be a follower just to fit in, and would rather be solitary and at least retain my dignity.

I do not pick CR, QoS and Skyfall because they are "hip" choices or because current trends expect me to. Dan is a fantastic Bond, adds wonderful depth to the character and has supreme commitment to the role and everything it encompasses and I love where the films are going. I adore all three, as they are a wonderful trilogy of films that truly do feel like they are connected in a thread, and each offer a compelling portrait of Bond growing from a rookie to a skilled and seasoned agent while still pleasing fans of action and classic Bond. Sean and Dan are my favorite Bond interpretations, and I love the serious interpretations of the character the most, so it is natural that I am drawn to the great content Craig's first three films contain. That doesn't mean I favor them over DN, FRWL and GF, it is simply that I am interested by their content and have been since they came out. I fully enjoy everything the Craig films have to offer in both substance and spectacle and that hasn't changed either. I do not choose CR, QoS and Skyfall because I am part of some group who likes what is "current" and I certainly don't like being stereotyped and associated with the heavy number of mindless fools filling my generation.

So please, do me a favor in the future and think before you act like you know who I am, what I like and how I act.

Woah, I don't think chrisisall was addressing you in particular. The most common response has been TLD-LTK-GE, followed by Craig's 3.
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    TLD, LTK GE. My top 3 (although I don't rank them in that order, I have LTK first).

In 2nd place I'd have YOLT, OHMSS and DAF. I love YOLT and OHMSS and although I'm not really a fan of DAF I do like the score and Wint and Kidd.

Who has a feeling them 2 are gay assassins?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    samainsy wrote:
    TLD, LTK GE. My top 3 (although I don't rank them in that order, I have LTK first).

In 2nd place I'd have YOLT, OHMSS and DAF. I love YOLT and OHMSS and although I'm not really a fan of DAF I do like the score and Wint and Kidd.

Who has a feeling them 2 are gay assassins?

Uh, this is pretty common knowledge actually...

So... the humour content of my post isn't working for you, I take it....?
    :-??
  • RC7RC7
    chrisisall wrote:

There are quite a few people here who can't take a joke.

@Benny - I like your choices.

I'm not one for lists really (I don't rank anything particularly) but if I were going to a desert Island, I think I'd have to take LALD - TMWTGG - TSWLM.

RC7 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:

There are quite a few people here who can't take a joke.

@Benny - I like your choices.

I'm not one for lists really (I don't rank anything particularly) but if I were going to a desert Island, I think I'd have to take LALD - TMWTGG - TSWLM.

LALD - TMWTGG - TSWLM, i'd take these three also!
    Easy

Dr No,FRWL, Goldfinger- FRWL and Goldfinger are my top 2 favorite bond movies while Dr No is still really good and has the most classic lines.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 174
    Great idea for a thread, I like your thinking.

For me it would be:
    OHMSS
    DIamonds Are Forever
    Live and Let Die

OHMSS would have to come with me, followed by a bit of light hearted entertainment in DAF and then finally Moore at his best in LALD.

Oh and I get 3 Bonds for the price of one. :)) :)) :))
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited April 2013 Posts: 7,973
    chrisisall wrote:
    tbh I found it a bit cheap as well. Us 33y/o get too much flak anyway!

yes, you guessed it:
    CR
    QoS
    SF

are my pick.. ;-)

A question though, as it is a desert island and there's nothing else to do, I take it there is a cinema on it, power for years to come and the films we pick are in that format? I'd hate to see them on a black-and-white telly...

A 9" portable DVD player with solar recharge is all you get, bub.
    chrisisall wrote:
    A 9" portable DVD player with solar recharge is all you get, bub.

Is it Scaramanga's island?!
    Is it Scaramanga's island?!

OUI, you guesthed it!
    Cool question. And one I often ask about musical artist (best consecutive releases, "best of's" don't count) and authors (best 3 consecutive novels). Anyway.....

CR - QoS - SF would be my pick. But a close, very close, second would have to be FRWL-GF-TB.

Funny how the middle film of each of those trifectas is the weakest of the three.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Consecutive is very hard indeed.

I have to go with (for now; could change daily): Craig's
    CR
    QOS
    SF

If I liked TWINE, I would be tempted to go with Pierce because I do really love both GE and TND. Third set would be Dalton's, finishing with GE and Pierce.
    Again I hate to hate to choose.
  • DAD
    DAD
    DAD

Not consecutive? Too damn bad.

El oh el. Jay kay. Like others have said, it'd be difficult to choose. But I might be most likely to go with either DR-FRWL-GF or CR-QOS-SF; I love the class, the clever dialogue, the atmosphere, and Connery in the first (DN and FRWL especially), and the tone, writing, acting, character development, etc. are generally very enjoyable in the second, especially with Craig. I might say the DC films, though, partly because I've only seen SF a couple of times.
    THUNDERBALL, You Only Live Twice, and OHMSS... the great trilogy.
    THUNDERBALL, You Only Live Twice, and OHMSS... the great trilogy.
    Love the choice, but to end on a sad note---?
    They just happen to be my 3 favorite Bond movies... something about that delicious 60s era.
    They just happen to be my 3 favorite Bond movies... something about that delicious 60s era.
    Mid to late Sixties.... I concur!
    \m/
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    GE TND and TWINE

or!

TB, YOLT and OHMSS

Decisions, decisions..
    I could never bring myself to watch TWINE, absolute dreck, throw it out. TB, YOLT, and OHMSS are timeless, and have three classic villain turns.

"You let him get debetter of you." -Largo
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I could never bring myself to watch TWINE, absolute dreck, throw it out. TB, YOLT, and OHMSS are timeless, and have three classic villain turns.

Good thing I love TWINE. :)

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

If one absolutely has to include OHMSS then this is probably the best option. Although its very close between the plodding TB and the fun but flawed DAF. I think on balance I'd have to go DN, FRWL, GF or CR, QOS, SF as all the films surrounding OHMSS are pretty heavily flawed.

MR, FYEO, OP is another option I could live with although its a bit Moore heavy. TLD, LTK, GE another possibility that's not too bad but at the end of the day I think it comes down to Sean's first 3 or Dans.

Man this is tough. I'd hate to never see Connery, Lazenby, Moore & Craig ever again, but Dalton is my favorite actor, and GoldenEye is my favorite movie. So there's really no other choice for me other than TLD, LTK & GE.

I suppose if I'm on a desert island, it's totally possible to go insane and mentally 'create' a perfect GoldenEye starring Dalton in my head! 8->
    I suppose if I'm on a desert island, it's totally possible to go insane and mentally 'create' a perfect GoldenEye starring Dalton in my head! 8->
    That would be a Fine Madness!