The Controversial Mathis Death Scene in Quantum of Solace (2008)

Comments

• PierceuhhhPierceuhhh Banned
    "Fourteen meelion... in de pot already..."
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Pierceuhhh wrote:
    "Fourteen meelion... in de pot already..."

I believe it is Fifteen.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I miss Mathis. I really felt like he could have been a much, much bigger character, only to be scrapped in such a short amount of his arrival into QoS.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Pierceuhhh wrote:
    Then why did Bond put Mathis in a rubbish bin?

You're right. He should have stayed there and help arrange the funeral. The fact that he will be connected to this dead agent will not blow his cover, naturally. Because in the world of espionage, you always treat a dead body with the dearest respect.

*sarcasm*
    edited March 2013 Posts: 104
    Then why move the body at all?
    Bond went out of his way to DISRESPECT the body!

MOD EDIT: double post merged.
    Pierceuhhh wrote:

How? Mathis wouldn't have minded what Bond did with him, as he said. Bond even holds him in his arms as he dies - yes, how disrespectful.

The one thing I've been confused about in the past, though: how do they know Bond shot and killed the cops if there were no witnesses - did they just already have it called in with the entire police force? Also, does he take Mathis' money because he needs it, or because he wants it to appear as if it was a robbery?

Either way, Mathis wouldn't care because he is still helping Bond complete his mission, or he is merely moving Mathis to a more comfortable place than the street.
  • TOFANA007TOFANA007 Banned
    the stupid writers they &$#% (cluck it up) once agin... come on lets make things better guys.. CR... QOS... SKYFAL.. let sky the fall let the sky fall and the producer crumble, bring on new producers

fresh ideas
    fresh ideas and friends and ideas
    TOFANA007 wrote:
    the stupid writers they &$#% (cluck it up) once agin... come on lets make things better guys.. CR... QOS... SKYFAL.. let sky the fall let the sky fall and the producer crumble, bring on new producers

fresh ideas

What a detailed, insightful, well-written post. Thank you for broadening my view on the world and the life of James Bond.
    Pierceuhhh wrote:

Throw the body out of sight. That way Bond can buy himself some time. He may only win a few minutes but things may depend upon exactly that.

TOFANA007 wrote:

fresh ideas

I've got Michael Bay and Justin Bieber on the phone right now. They promise they will make you an unforgettable Bond flick. ;-)

i dont care about yuor hostilety... do not harrass me.

my idea.. Mathis does good job explaining for the laymen what going on in the story.. well, bring him back in the next movie so it not so confusing.. maybe the dupster garbage bin he is in, well it has some new medicine, and some got on Mathis and brought him back. bond wil be surprised.

BNond: "No it cannot Be... mathis.. my friend."
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    TOFANA007 wrote:

my idea.. Mathis does good job explaining for the laymen what going on in the story.. well, bring him back in the next movie so it not so confusing.. maybe the dupster garbage bin he is in, well it has some new medicine, and some got on Mathis and brought him back. bond wil be surprised.

HAHAHAHA! =))

There is some medicine in the bin that magically makes Mathis's five or six bullet wounds disappear?!?! Oh, you must be joking! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :)) =))
    @TOFANA007, that cannot be a realistic idea or thought process. Somehow, the producers are incompetent...yet your idea is that Mathis found some secret happy medicine that revives him and he makes a grand return, even after his confirmed death.

Right.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 89
    maths is a strong man.. i was in croation wars, police actions all my life.. i retire now, but ive been shot 4 times over years.. anyone can surviv anythin... human will can make u strong

or clone of mathis.. just get that actor back... he good actor like him in hannibal too.

his names gerard depardieuu
    edited March 2013 Posts: 23,449
    TOFANA007 wrote:

Heavens, no! This idea is worse than that awful retcon from Halloween Resurrection. :-O
    TOFANA007 wrote:
    maths is a strong man.. i was in croation wars, police actions all my life.. i retire now, but ive been shot 4 times over years.. anyone can surviv anythin... human will can make u strong

or clone of mathis.. just get that actor back... he good actor like him in hannibal too.

his names gerard depardieuu

Ok... Kindly stop posting this rubbish lest we end with another forum explosion.
    this is nout rubbish this is my life.. do not dismis my life and experences but plese letr us get back to Mathis.. bring himback.. beloved character we now that from QOS its time to bring back friendly faces

kiling him was a mistake.. just in next movie say QOS never happend. I remeber how happy I was when he reintroduced in QOS. I was in the theater and i immediatly recognize him. I said to myself "Mathis"
    How does "hiding" the body... in full view of any polcie inspection... "buy him time"?

This is making excuses for a terrible film that insults the viewers and fans... it is a true slap in the face to lifelong Bond fan like myself...
    do any of you remember when Mathis first comes back in his scene.? when I was in teh theater the wolle place applaused, they al love him, so that shows hes beloved and should come back.. barbacoa broccoli? Cubby? Lets bring him back. Put a smile on the audences face again i just know theyd love it.

did Mathis' first QOS scene get applaused from any of you?
    No certainly not. They had all fallen asleep during scene where Camel meets Dominque Creene on the waterfront. "We have already begun to stablisie the government." ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ lol
    Eh... Cubby's been dead for nearly 19 years. X(
    Pierceuhhh wrote:
    No certainly not. They had all fallen asleep during scene where Camel meets Dominque Creene on the waterfront. "We have already begun to stablisie the government." ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ lol

camel_poster.gif

Cuby Brocoli is dead.. I just looke it up. But thank u. I'm still learning about Bond world. I havent been lifelong fan but when i was in hospital for broken back in 2007 (i fell down my front house steps, tripped) i watched a lot of them.. good movies!

posted from my android 3g

verizon
    TOFANA that is coincidence...

I too am stuck in my house. I am obese yes and my mother look after me but it IS ONLY because I got a knee injury playing sports in 2005. This is what developed me into a 007 super fan :)
    hehe well we are bothsportingmen.

cool
    cheers

verizon- we bring the internet to you
    TOFANA007 wrote:
    hehe well we are bothsportingmen.

cool
    cheers

verizon- we bring the internet to you
    Are you a bloody advertiser for Verizon now?! Am I the only one that thinks these two are the same user? They keep commenting just minutes apart, long enough for the user to log off one account and on to another.
    Am I the only one that thinks these two are the same user?

Nope I think so too. Doesn't @pierceuhh already have another account too? That means he has 3.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited March 2013 Posts: 11,139
    I have not never met Tofana 007 before... We are simply on line at samme time zones is this so hard to belief?

WHY di every thread i post in make it all about me? I have not even posted a fan art in months. This was a theead to voice complaints about MALTHIs death sequence in QOS not a life story
    Pierceuhhh wrote:
    I have not never met Tofana 007 before... We are simply on line at samme time zones is this so hard to belief?

WHY di every thread i post in make it all about me? I have not even posted a fan art in months. This was a theead to voice complaints about MALTHIs death sequence in QOS not a life story

Dear Sir ,Pardon us but there is a ridiculous similarity in uhm...... tone or English... or whatever you may call it..... between the two of you.

Skyfail wrote:
    Pierceuhhh wrote:

Dear Sir ,Pardon us but there is a ridiculous similarity in uhm...... tone or English... or whatever you may call it..... between the two of you.
    An excellent replication, or thereabouts of it, too. ;)
  • ChristartosChristartos Banned
    edited March 2013 Posts: 114
    My friends...gents..chaps... I implore you

I can confirm that @Pierceuhhh and and @TOFANA007 are two different internet users....there's no secrets on this front. They are quickly becoming trusted members here on the boards.

I am sorry to my fans i have not been posting here recently (Iam having a bad experience (I am battling cancer)....like Robin Gibb = I draw strength from his personel battle (but he deid now?) erm..not sure. Is there perhaps a Gibb curse? Barry is next
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j2eX1UGe_E#t=5m17s
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrDQjOgmdvo

just 2 of my fav performances .... what better way to tribute the man?

DarthDimi wrote:
    Pierceuhhh wrote:

Throw the body out of sight. That way Bond can buy himself some time. He may only win a few minutes but things may depend upon exactly that.

Then why does he sit around cradling Mathis for about 1min+ and then stand around talking to Camilla next to the dumpster?
    Relax chaps... Put all of your hatred for me into de pot...