What actor do you think would play a good villain and why?

Comments

Christoper from Inglorious and Django.
    He gave me the creeps.
    Speaking of Django, my pick for some time has been Samuel L. Jackson.

samuel_l-_jackson_1_wide_wallpaper.jpeg

Intimidating as all-get-out, and I think he'd be capable of playing a really chilling lead villian, both physically and intellectually formidable. Given that he's given a good script to work with, and not something even he refuses to take seriously like The Spirit.
    Because of his approach to play Moriarty, Jared Harris.

As a henchman I would love to see Idris Elba, make him a Grant-like villain, without making him a Grant clone.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,442
    Actors i have mind for Bond 24 or/and Bond 25:

MV5BMTU4MzE2NzQ1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzc0OTM4Nw@@._V1._SX640_SY426_.jpg600px-OSS117LIR_SBM_01.jpg
    Laurent Capelluto. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0135084/ Have him in mind as Mr S, part of couple, together with Ms V. Chacters from Ian Fleming Novel. (Bond 24 & ''Bond 25''.) A villian who be pushed by another villian.

MV5BMTM3MTcxNjYwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQ4Nzk4Mw@@._V1._SX640_SY427_.jpg
    Sean Patrick Reilly http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0717746/ Henchman (Bond 24 & Bond 25)

alexander-asefa.jpg
    Alexander Asefa. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3276023/ Original i have him in mind for a allie for Bond 24 & Bond 25.

MV5BMTg5MTU5NDc4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjE3MDIy._V1._SX640_SY429_.jpg
    Dietrich Siegl (Bond 25) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006556/
    Michael K. Williams would be good if given the right role. Tremendous actor but a little unconventional for a Bond flick
    Somebody mentioned Tilda Swinton the other day as a henchman. But why not as the main villain?
    Skyfail wrote:
    Christoper from Inglorious and Django.
    He gave me the creeps.

Waltz could be great, although hard to see him topping Inglorious without it just becoming self-parody.
  • Clive Owen would make a great henchmen I think, but i'm not sure about him playing the main villain.
    ultrabox wrote:
    Michael K. Williams would be good if given the right role. Tremendous actor but a little unconventional for a Bond flick

Great actors, but I cannot see him in a Bond movie for some reason. There are a lot of actors in The Wire I could see in a Bond movie, Idris Elba especially, but for some reason not Williams.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Michael sheen.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited March 2013 Posts: 5,979
    Getafix wrote:
    Somebody mentioned Tilda Swinton the other day as a henchman. But why not as the main villain?
    Love it. I think Craig could attract an actor of her caliber.
    Ludovico wrote:
    ultrabox wrote:

Great actors, but I cannot see him in a Bond movie for some reason. There are a lot of actors in The Wire I could see in a Bond movie, Idris Elba especially, but for some reason not Williams.

I read that there is a push for Elba to be Bond. I don't see him as Bond, but he would be an unbelievable villain. http://entertainment.time.com/2012/10/25/will-idris-elba-be-the-next-james-bond/
    ultrabox wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    ultrabox wrote:

I read that there is a push for Elba to be Bond. I don't see him as Bond, but he would be an unbelievable villain. http://entertainment.time.com/2012/10/25/will-idris-elba-be-the-next-james-bond/

It is just one of those rumors. But I would love to see Idris Elba as a Bond villain. He can play both physical and intelligent, as he shown playing Stringer Bell.

And, while I am not a big fan of American actors playing Bond villains, I could see Paul Ben-Victor, who played Spiros Vondas in The Wire, as a Bond villain. He is very little known so that would work beautifully. His Spiros could actually have been a Bond villain.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 172
    I always thought British actor Philip Glenister could play a decent Bond Villain. I remember him as a baddie in Sharpe back in the 90s.

Other than that I still hope to see Gareth Marks or David Suchet as villain material.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaUq9ZCaENPNzgrdyaW6Coi-2mVVwXbbLZc6aynmQuVlb78mvaBw
    Laurence Fishburne, Maybe for Craig's successor
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 14,831
    I always thought British actor Philip Glenister could play a decent Bond Villain. I remember him as a baddie in Sharpe back in the 90s.

Other than that I still hope to see Gareth Marks or David Suchet as villain material.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaUq9ZCaENPNzgrdyaW6Coi-2mVVwXbbLZc6aynmQuVlb78mvaBw

I could see Glenister playing a Hugo Drax-like villain. The novel's Drax I mean. Suchet I could have pictured him as Le Chiffre back in 2006, now he might be a bit old.
    I personallly hate it when they cast Brits as villains. It also always gives the films a lame 'TV' quality because you've usually seen them in Eastenders or something. Everyone knows that to be truly evil you have to be Euro or Asian, or perhaps most evil of all - a combination of the two.

Films with lame Brit villains: DAF, GE, TWINE.
    Getafix wrote:
    I personallly hate it when they cast Brits as villains. It also always gives the films a lame 'TV' quality because you've usually seen them in Eastenders or something. Everyone knows that to be truly evil you have to be Euro or Asian, or perhaps most evil of all - a combination of the two.

Films with lame Brit villains: DAF, GE, TWINE.

It really depends who they choose. I think it has more to do with the cliche of villains with British accents than anything else. But there are a few British actors I could see as villains. Gary Lewis for instance, who often plays good but broken men. That said, I would rather see cast relatively unknown European veterans.
    Yes, Vincent Cassel is an obvious (perhaps too obvious) opponent.
    Irfan Khan is a great Indian actor. I think he'd make a better ally though. Bond back in India - would love to see it. Shame SF never made it there.
    Getafix wrote:
    Yes, Vincent Cassel is an obvious (perhaps too obvious) opponent.

After Mathieu Amalric, I don't think it will happen any time soon, sadly. They seem to be taking turns: Scandinavian, French, Hispanic... Although it might be a bit early to tell.
    Getafix wrote:
    Irfan Khan is a great Indian actor. I think he'd make a better ally though. Bond back in India - would love to see it. Shame SF never made it there.
    I watched two or three indian flicks,Let me say that they're acting is well not up to Hollywood standards. But Irfan is not bad

A Euro villain is always a good bet. Cast an Asian or a African American and it usually comes over as racist, but you can make a Frenchman as evil as you like and no one will mind.

Yes Irfan Khan is definitely a cut above the average Bollywood actor. That said, they do have 'character actors' in India, who often play the secondary parts and they are sometimes very good - with distinguished theatrical backgrounds and side careers in 'serious' cinema.

I like musical cinema and I have enjoyed watching a few of the better Bollywood films, but mostly they are utter rubbish.
    Getafix wrote:
    A Euro villain is always a good bet. Cast an Asian or a African American and it usually comes over as racist, but you can make a Frenchman as evil as you like and no one will mind.

Yes Irfan Khan is definitely a cut above the average Bollywood actor. That said, they do have 'character actors' in India, who often play the secondary parts and they are sometimes very good - with distinguished theatrical backgrounds and side careers in 'serious' cinema.

I like musical cinema and I have enjoyed watching a few of the better Bollywood films, but mostly they are utter rubbish.

I've watched only a couple. So I can't speak on that . You do know Indian cinema,Are you from India by any chance ?

Skyfail wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

I've watched only a couple. So I can't speak on that . You do know Indian cinema,Are you from India by any chance ?

'Fraid not, although I've visited India several times. It has almost limitless potential for a Bond movie.
    Getafix wrote:
    Skyfail wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

'Fraid not, although I've visited India several times. It has almost limitless potential for a Bond movie.

Yes, I would agree !

It is strange that more films don't use it for locations. I guess getting permision to film can be tricky, as proved the case for SF. India is very bureaucratic still.
    Getafix wrote:
    It is strange that more films don't use it for locations. I guess getting permision to film can be tricky, as proved the case for SF. India is very bureaucratic still.
    Beureaucratic is a compliment for that mess.
    Do you remember what happened with Skyfall ?

The Indian railway minister actually had the nerve of asking Daniel Craig to be the brand ambassador.

Imagine Daniel Craig representing this

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8CMOYil5eY4/THOiEu1lGBI/AAAAAAAAAN0/7jeMbrAqaRQ/s1600/1.jpg

Its good they didn't take up on that offer in my opinion. India's loss anyway
    Yes, very shortsighted. India actually has incredibly low levels of tourism, partly because they've made getting visas more and more difficult. However, do they seem to be doing quite well regardless.
    Have to say after seeing more of him? Mark Strong! Did not realise he is such a close and good friend of Daniel Craig's too! So seeing as he is good friend and now Sam Mendes is not stopping on as Director? How about another good friend in Strong as the villain?

I'm sure that would go down with DC! Strong also presented the producers with the Sky arts award for Skyfall the other night! You never know hey? They may have chatted?