And your award for best moneypenny goes to......

do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
edited August 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 106
which be your favorite ?

Me it is Sam Bond , her red hair makes me do splits !! (witty too , for a receptonist).

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 23,539
    MP is not a receptionist! :O

And there's no way I'm betraying Lois here. She was a fine MP in the 60s!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    There is only one Moneypenny to worry about and that's Lois Maxwell, with second place going to Samantha Bond. Poor old Caroline Bliss takes the bronze.
    Should we include the oh so lovely Barbara Bouchet in this, as in the looks department she'd win hands down.
    Pamela Salem would not. Another blunder in NSNA.
    Covered them all methinks.
    =D>
    Should we include the oh so lovely Barbara Bouchet in this, as in the looks department she'd win hands down. =D>
    Oh my, she's handsome, isn't she? I'd argue CR67 has some of the finest ladies in the series, if it did nothing else well.
    Naomie Harris
  • Seems a bit of a no brainer. I'd be surprised if many people on here looked past Lois Maxwell as their favourite Moneypenny.
    This thread's discussion is pretty trivial, isn't it? ;;)
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    001) Lois Maxwell

gap

002) Caroline Bliss

massive gap

003) Samantha Bond
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    1. Bliss
    -----
    2. Maxwell
    3. Salem
    -----
    -----
    -----
    4. Bond
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    1. Bliss
    -----
    2. Maxwell
    :O

Maxwell

[massive gap]

Bond

[massive gap]

Bliss
    Maxwell.

Her shadow is over every subsequent Moneypenny.

Dont like Sam, she was a little too snooty for me. The Maxwell MP was warm.
    Samantha Bond worked very well in GE I think but later films didn't give her much to do really. I suppose things still worked well in TWINE but in DAD she was given the worst MP scenes ever! Those VR glasses...? Painful to the max.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 11,189
    The real MP is Maxwell with Bond (hehe) at a close second. They were REAL women, not smitten school-girls.
    Maxwell is the best Moneypenny, but Samantha Bond is one of the most beautiful women in the series. Bliss is not even on the radar; I think it's her goggles.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Lois Maxwell.

The other two don't exsist.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Maxwell

(lightyear gap)
    Bliss
    Bond
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,350
    With Bliss and Bond being the same age, both born in 1961, I'd have prefered Bliss to continue on with Brosnan. At least then we'd get a chance to see what she's really like as Moneypenny as she's hardly seen in Dalton's films. For a start you could ditch the glasses plus the series would have more connection with Licence To Kill other than just Q.

Being older would have also helped, she was only 26 and 28 in the two films she was in, it was as if she was being set up as another long standing feature for the series.
    In all honesty, my listing would be:

1. Maxwell
    2. Bliss
    3. Bond
    Lois Maxwell and then everyone else. Not even close.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Lois Maxwell. I enjoyed Samantha Bond on screen, but like another poster stated, Maxwell was warm and loving, while Bond seemed cold and rude at times.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited August 2011 Posts: 11,139
    Haha if Samantha had pulled of her scenes the way she did in the Brosnan era and Connery was still Bond, that line he quipped in GF I believe about illegal use of government property and following through (as in an old fashioned slap, Tatyana Romanova style) really would have been a sight to behold.
    Why are we even having this discussion? It's not even close: Lois of course!

The others I can barely even remember.
    1. Maxwell
    2. Bond
    3. Bliss

• Maxwell - which is no doubt how all the voting will go? Seems a bit of a non-contest really.

Bond

Bliss
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Entering a best MP contest with Lois Maxwell is like all of Batman's villains going up against the Joker(on a villainy scale). Some are good efforts, some are okay, but none can ever surmount the better contender.
    1.Maxwell (Hands down)
    2.Bond'
    3.Bliss
    4.Harris
    5.Salam
    Bliss and Maxwell, without a doubt. I don't really care for the others.
    1. Maxwell
    2. Harris
    3. Bond
    4. Bliss
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    1. Bliss
    Oh yes, definitely!
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    1) Maxwell (nuff said)

2) Bond (I liked her, always thought she had great chemistry with Brosnan)

3) Bliss (one of the few things in the Dalton films I'm not a huge fan of. She was alright but not as good as the others. Thankfully MP wasn't in LTK much anyway)

4) Harris (she's alright but I thought she was a bit wooden in SF and the only actor in the film who I thought was below par, everybody else was great. I didn't need a backstory for Moneypenny about how she shot Bond. Also, it's hinted at that she banged Bond. Shouldn't have happened imo, even in DAD it wasn't real)
  • 1. Maxwell
    2. Maxwell
    3. Maxwell
    4. Maxwell

Were there any I missed?