Skyfall Wins Bond's First Grammy -Make That Two Grammy's

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Adele did great. Unfortunately i lost the tribute.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 11,119
    So far, I must say this edition of The Oscars is one of the best in years.

What have you seen that I haven't? It's been pretty average so far.

I think these Oscars are truly about music. Many songs from movies have been performed so far. Funny intermezzos from Ted, Captain Kirk. And I was laughing my pants off from the opening, when Captain Kirk was going back in time.

And for me as a Bond fan, I was saying 'YESSS' when we won the 'Sound Editing Oscar'. I didn't expect a win in this one..... I thought we would win 'Sound Mixing', and not 'Sound Editing'.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Dude, you're getting Adele.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 2,081
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:
    Could someone please fix the title of this thread, thanks. Getting the category right would be nice even if you don't care about the Oscar.

Not sound mixing, but sound EDITING.

Oh I'm sorry. Are you okay? Did I hurt you? Where did you get your PhD in Oscar?

I think it's you who's having a problem here, I didn't mean to insult anyone personally by asking for the correction of category. 8-|

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Am I the only person who though Adele's performance was kind of......off?
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Sigh, how much longer to watch this. I just wanna see the Best Song awarded, then -click.- And I'm on the West Coast so it's not so late.
    Tuulia wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:
    Could someone please fix the title of this thread, thanks. Getting the category right would be nice even if you don't care about the Oscar.

Oh I'm sorry. Are you okay? Did I hurt you? Where did you get your PhD in Oscar?

I think it's you who's having a problem here, I didn't mean to insult anyone personally by asking for the correction of category. 8-|

Perhaps you shouldn't have tried to claim that I "didn't care" and instead respectfully ask. But respect is over-rated, right?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited February 2013 Posts: 2,635
    This is not the moment to fight, ladies and gentlemen. Let's watch the Oscars, Peacefully.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Am I the only person who though Adele's performance was kind of......off?

She did great. But i guess it was her first time at Oscars, it would be normal if she wen't nervous.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited February 2013 Posts: 1,347
    Getting a bit tired here at 4.50am..

Yes calm down folks.
    =bg= wrote:
    Sigh, how much longer to watch this. I just wanna see the Best Song awarded, then -click.- And I'm on the West Coast so it's not so late.

It.s 3.50 am in the UK and I'm propping my eye lids open with match sticks waiting for the Best song Oscar!
    And for me as a Bond fan, I was saying 'YESSS' when we won the 'Sound Editing Oscar'. I didn't expect a win in this one.....

Same here. :D

Boring ceremony mostly, though. And a very boring host with lame "jokes".
  • Sounds like Adele's voice was too quiet compared to the volume of the music. Not a style complaint; it sounded like the mixing was way off...

But yes, she looked exceptionally lovely.
  • Also, I love the fact that the Academy Awards are also paying attention to the Honorary Awards and the youngsters who were praised by the president of the Acdemy Awards.
    And the winner of the Oscar for Best Pedantic argument goes to.....Tuulia and JWestbrook! Tied!
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:

Perhaps you shouldn't have tried to claim that I "didn't care" and instead respectfully ask. But respect is over-rated, right?

Stop attacking me, I was not addressing you personally, I didn't realize I apparently did. I noticed a lot of people didn't care.

LeChiffre wrote:
    It.s 3.50 am in the UK and I'm propping my eye lids open with match sticks waiting for the Best song Oscar!

It's still 00:55 here in South America.
  • CIACIA
    Sounds like Adele's voice was too quiet compared to the volume of the music. Not a style complaint; it sounded like the mixing was way off...

But yes, she looked exceptionally lovely.

yeah that's it. The mixing. She sounded muffed out at times

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Hmmm, well at least Bassey had the good sense to belt out Goldfinger.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited February 2013 Posts: 543
    LeChiffre wrote:
    That's rough. I would have just recorded it and watched it the next day. It's only 11pm here, but I'm ready to go to bed.

• Barbra Streisand now!
  • RIP Marvin Hamlisch Barbra Streisand tribute to him?
  • CIACIA
    Seth Macfarland just made a joke about Skyfall performance. What was it??
  • CIACIA
    Best original score now..
  • CIACIA
    And the winner is.... NOT Skyfall
  • CIACIA
    Life of Pi
    Meh.
  • CIA wrote:
    Seth Macfarland just made a joke about Skyfall performance. What was it??

something about Rex Reed review about adele performance
    Here we go..
  • CIACIA
    Best Original Song now..
  • original song is next...........