Skyfall Wins Bond's First Grammy -Make That Two Grammy's

Comments

I smiled at the opening.. but there have been commercials that have made me laugh more. Whatever that means.

I think Waltz winning again is already going to be one of the biggest surprises of the night.
  • So let's get Christoph Waltz as villain for the next Bond film...and have him win his third Oscar for that! ;-)
    So let's get Christoph Waltz as villain for the next Bond film...and have him win his third Oscar for that! ;-)

Oh please, YES!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I was shocked to. Hats off to Christoph. I have yet to see his work, but can't wait to.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 11,119
    So let's get Christoph Waltz as villain for the next Bond film...and have him win his third Oscar for that! ;-)

3rd Oscar tonight, for 'Best Cinematography', Claudio Miranda with 'Life Of Pi' wins! As expected ;-).
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Skyfall didn't win Best Cinematography. Poo.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sorry, Deakins. :-<
  • Deakin lose again
    2014, we'll have it. Deakins in the snow with Craig and maybe an Aston, there will be no beating it.
  • THEBond007THEBond007 Banned
    Ok we still got best theme song
    What does that guy have to do to get the damned Öscar? He's overdue. The Academy sucks.
  • 50th anniversary tribute coming up
  • Well that's a huge letdown. I was sure it was going to go to Deakins finally...
    Tuulia wrote:
    What does that guy have to do to get the damned Öscar? He's overdue. The Academy sucks.

Well, the Academy is supposed to honor the best of the year, not the best career. It's good to see them doing that. I think it was a hat draw between the two, personally.
  • oh well Bond will get original song it a guarantee
  • Deakins should've won. That was crap.
  • life of pi going steal all technical awards
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:

Well, the Academy is supposed to honor the best of the year, not the best career. It's good to see them doing that. I think it was a hat draw between the two, personally.

I didn't mean they should award the career, I mean he has done Oscar worthy stuff before, and did again. I think they gave 2 special effects awards to Pi, basically.

• life of pi going steal all technical awards

And will probably leave with the most awards...

Tuulia wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:

I didn't mean they should award the career, I mean he has done Oscar worthy stuff before, and did again. I think they gave 2 special effects awards to Pi, basically.

Well when you think about it, Life Of Pi's cinematographer had to work with a visual effects team, speaking mostly in hypothetical's, which I'm sure was much harder to pull off than Deakins in Skyfall. JUST SAYING.
    WOW! The Bond tribute video is spectacular. I'm extremely surprised.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 121
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2013 Posts: 2,630
    Bond tribute!! Shirley Bassey singing Goldfinger now!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2013 Posts: 2,630
    Double Post...
  • it would be awesome if they got all the Bond actors come out......... damn !

is Daniel Craig even there?
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 121
  • My GOD, the FULL song! Simply awesome. I also lovedddd the Bond movie montage. Was it me or did I see George Lazenby a lot in this montage!
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Awesome! So nice to see Dame Shirley Bassey delivering so well at age 76.

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    edited February 2013 Posts: 1,400
    Shirley KILLED it. No Tom Jones, no group of Bonds.
    Is Craig even in the house? Babs or Michael? Sure would like that song to be on iTunes.

Here's the whole thing in case U haven't seen it.