Best Bond Girl Tournament (Your Champion: Tracy Bond)

Comments

• LudsLuds MIA
    12-11, who is ahead and is that including my vote change from Tracy to Domino?
    "6. Do not double post your vote. If you want to change your vote, just edit your post. The second vote will not be counted."

pWn3d!
  • Come on, Tracy's got to win this. Any other voters?
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 1,497
    Don't change your vote! Stick to your gut. Your body may tell you Domino. But listen to your heart! Haha...JK

No really, it's been fun, whoever does end up winning. All the Bond girls in the finals certainly have their 'perks'

But, c'mon folks, it's Mrs. James Bond we're talking about, Bond's one true love...to quote the man himself "I'll never find another girl like you."
    But, c'mon folks, it's Mrs. James Bond we're talking about, Bon'd one true love...to quote the man himself "I'll never find another girl like you."

He did try though. Then he tried some more, and tried, and tried.......
    Vote for Domino!
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited July 2011 Posts: 823
    I have gone back and EDITED my original vote to reflect the change from Tracy to Domino making it 12-12

page 38, 7th post from the top

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/519/best-bond-girl-tournament-finals-tracy-vs-domino/p38

He did try though. Then he tried some more, and tried, and tried.......
    Vote for Domino!
    haha
    not only cause she is mrs.bond but she deserve that win more than domino she is better candidate for the win than domino

I've been following this thread since round 2 lurking, but figured it'd only be fitting to sign up for an account to help push the girl I've been pulling for since the beginning over the line.

Tracy
  • 13-12 to Tracy....can it end right now? :D
    If the vote is still open, I vote Tracy. Whenever I see her, I forgot all the other Bond girls that existed. Who is the other competitor by the way ? :-D
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    The voting has ended.

Not sure how you all got your scores, but I went through three times and came up with the same result each time. And that will be the official result.

Domino struck early and let at one point 8-1. Tracy's never say die attitude came roaring back and made it an competitive finals match.

The winner of the Bond Girl Tournament is...
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Tell us Kerim! Tell us!!!
    Before I announce the tournament winner, let's recognize the two semi-finalists,

First, the Cinderella of the tournament, Pam Bouvier. If you tell me you expected to see Pam in the semi-finals, I would have called you a liar. Pam's first three matches were against lead Bond girls. Pam beat Wai Lin in the opening round in what could have been a good real world catfight. Pam came up with the second biggest upset in the tournament in beating her counterpart Kara in the second round. Pam successfully carried that momentum in her next two matches against Anya and Corrine. You could argue that Pam got favorable draws, but defeating Kara, Anya and Corrine is no small task. What looked to be a semi-finals blowout against Tracy turned out to be a rather competitive match. Pam Bouvier has every right to be proud of her run in this tournament.

Now to Fiona. There have been several good femme fatales in the franchise. Ms Taro, Helga and Xenia come to mind. Put those three together and they still fall short. Luciana brought sexual tension, a killer instinct and loyalty to her character that has been often imitated but never duplicated. Fiona had little trouble knocking off Pola and Mary in those matches, but she had two very difficult draws on her road to the semi-finals. In the second round, FIona drew Vesper. Fiona actually needed the very last vote to defeat Vesper. Fiona also drew Honey Rider in the quarterfinals. This easily could have been a finals worthy match. Fiona still had the taste for blood and beat Honey, Fiona ran out of steam in her semifinals match against Domino. Still, Fiona had a great run in the tournament.

I was debating about whether to do a third place match, but decided against it. Both Pam and Fiona are worthy bronze medalists. So her's a bronze medal to Pam and Fiona.

edited July 2011 Posts: 2,629
    I've had my fun. It's time to announce the winner.

The final composite score was 13-12. As some of you noted, this could have been a controversial finish, but luckily it didn't turn out that way.

Please congratulate the winner of the Best Bond Girl Tournament...the one..the only..

Contessa Teresa de Vicenzo (Tracy Bond) - Diana Rigg (On Her Majesty's Secret Service)

What an incredible comeback by Tracy. Tracy overcame an 8-1 deficit to win the tournament in what may have been the greatest comeback in MI6 tournament history. Congratulations to Tracy Bond for winning the tournament.

Congratulations should also go out to Domino. She had a competitive road to the finals with victories over Cigar Girl, Holly, the GoldenEye Girls and Thunderball co-star Fiona Volpe. Certainly not an enviable task.

Again congratulations to Tracy Bond as the tournament winner.

Congrats to both Tracy and Domino!
    Well i am happy the winner is not some big surprise
    congrats to all the girls in this torunament and especially ms.bond
    On a personal note, I hope everyone had as much fun participating in the tournament as I've had running the tournament. I had the idea of one on one battles at random for quite awhile, and I think the random draw concept worked. I felt it was time to get away from the +1/-1 tournaments and go back to the one-on-ones. I also think that by not seeding matches that it kept things interesting where no one knew who would come up next. I drew the matches right before I posted that matchup, meaning even I didn't know what match was coming up next. Sure there were a few stinkers in the first couple of rounds, but I feel the surprise draws of the early and later rounds offset that.

I may re-visit this concept again down the road, but if anyone wants to try a tournament by random, be my guest.

Again, thanks to everyone for participating. It was a blast.
    Thankyou Kerim, in spite of Domino getting scuppered in the eleventh hour this has been a fantastic game and has brought up some interesting matches. I really enjoyed playing. I would like to add my congratulations to Mrs Bond. Although, I can't help thinking if she really was the Best Bond Girl she'd have managed to duck.....
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Nearly an even score for both women. Ah well, I'd still prefer Domino. She's definitely the better looking of both, at least to my taste. I'm surprised Fiona dropped out before the finale. Anyway, thanks, Kerim. It was an entertaining contest, very entertaining indeed. Feel like hosting one with villains? ;;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,894
    I still don't think Tracy should have won, but there we are. Congrats to Domino for getting to 2nd place, maybe next time she'll take the top spot.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Good work Kerim, we have a very worthy winner, and I also agree with Volpe getting 3rd over Pam as her character was simply more important to the movie.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    All the worms came out of the woodwork alright! Well done Tracy. Domino may win next time...
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Many congrats to a worthy winner in Mrs. James Bond. And congratulations to the delectable Domino winning the silver medal.
    Now to Fiona. There have been several good femme fatales in the franchise. Ms Taro, Helga and Xenia come to mind. Put those three together and they still fall short. Luciana brought sexual tension, a killer instinct and loyalty to her character that has been often imitated but never duplicated. Fiona had little trouble knocking off Pola and Mary in those matches, but she had two very difficult draws on her road to the semi-finals. In the second round, FIona drew Vesper. Fiona actually needed the very last vote to defeat Vesper. Fiona also drew Honey Rider in the quarterfinals. This easily could have been a finals worthy match. Fiona still had the taste for blood and beat Honey, Fiona ran out of steam in her semifinals match against Domino. Still, Fiona had a great run in the tournament.
    Definitely. The classic-era triumivirate of Tracy, Domino and Fiona makes for a terrific top 3. Don't understand the love for Pam(despite her legs, the little boy/Jinx style haircut and her schizophrenic "I'm a tough chick" one moment, whiny jealous American high school girl the next moment personality have never appealed to me) but I will give her kudos for ridding us of the annoying Wai Lin in the first round.

And special kudos to Kerim for running a magnificent tournament. It was definitely a nice reprieve from the elmination games. B-)
    Nice job with the tournament, Kerim! Are you planning any others soon? If so, maybe a villains or henchmen tournment? [-O<
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    As much as I regret the ' I've been expecting' that outcome, I think it was a blast. Pity I wasn't there to save Fiona, as she ought to have one in my book, but still. Kerim, hats off to you!
    Nice job with the tournament, Kerim! Are you planning any others soon? If so, maybe a villains or henchmen tournment? [-O<
    I'm in charge of the henchmen tournament, coming soon after this.
    Yay!!!!!!!!!c \:D/
    edited July 2011 Posts: 2,629
    I'm in charge of the henchmen tournament, coming soon after this.
    re: 00Beast. Thanks and thank you to everyone for the kudos. I feel this was a very successful tournament.

I do have something in mind, but I'm going to take a sabbatical from tournaments for now. I may re-visit the Bond Girl Tournament again after Bond 23 is released.

The Randomnator is available for use.

Look forward to the henchman tournamnet AJB. Actually, I believe your next. Get with the mods to get the green light to start.

Excellent Topic for Discussion Kerm.
    We look forward to the next Tintilating Brawl of the Masculinities across the Continental
    Bonfire of the Vanities.
    I mean, it was simply a great "Pub Brawl."
    Throwing bottles and ducking punches.
    Figuratively Speaking. Of Course.
    What's next? ^:)^
    Thanks Kerim for organising a great tournament