Hitman: Agent 47 (2015)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    We don't even need a topic celebrating this trash. Paul Walker with that stale attitude fighting his way to "act" for ninety minutes is going to be a terrible idea. I loved Olyphant as 47, I just didn't like the crazy, explosive action route they took. I know someone said he only did it because he just bought a new house and wanted to help pay for it by doing that film.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2013 Posts: 4,447
    Hitman whas possible Olga Kurylenko casting for QOS.

I saw Hitman after QOS, but before Die Hard 4.

Fox wait to long with making a Hitman sequel like Daredevil, atleast one element from Die Hard 4.0 i am happy with wil return in Die Hard 5. Funny be that writer of Hitman wrote die Hard 5. But i have seen 4 movies he wrote and Wolvarine whas disapointed and Sword Fish too whyle Hitman and The A-team are oke.

A Hitman reboot isn't needed, some stupid idea from Fox as there did with Daredevil. I agree Timothy Olyphant should stay and there should make a sequel. I also liked him in Die Hard 4.

In 2010 there have plans to make a sequel with Daniel Benmayor as directer and mabey Timothy Olyphant.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/fox-sights-director-for-hitman-sequel-will-timothy-olyphant-return/
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Personally I'm happy with a reboot; the first wasn't bad but it wasn't good. My only problem with "Agent 47" is Paul Walker. I think I may be one of the few that will actually say he's a decent actor, his only problem is he has no range. Having said that, playing Agent 47 could be his best role because he won't have to do much acting. It's basically saying a handful of lines and looking pissed off the whole time. My issue with him as 47 is he's too pretty and 47 is kind of ugly.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It's going to be Hitman (2007) all over again.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9h5gic8rA1rn4obco1_1280.jpg

You couldn't get better casting for the role than that.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well, this is interesting:
    statham_hitman.jpg
    :))
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited February 2013 Posts: 1,812
    lol I remember when the first came out someone mentioning that he should've been 47. I think if he would have been the movie would of had more martial arts fighting in it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    He has the gravely voice of Hitman too, but as stated, it should be David Bateson, no other. He IS Hitman.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    If not Bateson, then I actually wouldn't mind seeng Statham as Mr 47. I recall during the early production of the first film, Statham's name kept being sounded out as 47.
  • AliAli
    Paul Walker. As 47? Funniest news of the year so far!
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Let's be honest they're not going to cast some unknown voice actor. That's just wishful thinking, because chances are the film wouldn't do very well (saying that though I can't see it making much anyway).

Statham would've been a great choice.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Paul Walker with that stale attitude fighting his way to "act" for ninety minutes is going to be a terrible idea.

He's a decent actor and 47 isn't exactly a tough character to play is he, he doesn't even talk much.
    playing Agent 47 could be his best role because he won't have to do much acting. It's basically saying a handful of lines and looking pissed off the whole time.

Precisely. You don't really need an Oscar winning actor.
  • I actually enjoyed the first film and thought the lead did a good job but then I enjoyed it as a stand alone film as opposed to expecting it to be a completely faithful adaptation of the video game.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd rather see this...as creepy as it looks.
    daniel-craig_3QQhvh3nr6.jpg
    Let's be honest they're not going to cast some unknown voice actor. That's just wishful thinking, because chances are the film wouldn't do very well (saying that though I can't see it making much anyway).

Statham would've been a great choice.

And the studio knows that the mainstream public doesn't want to see some "boring" ( 8-| ) film where a guy sneaks around to pacify thugs to get to a target, so instead we'll get more explosions, loud shootouts and a completely overt 47 like in 2007.

This is my worry for the Sam Fisher film. Will they played it straight or go for all out action? The fact that I am even worried at all isn't a good sign.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I couldn't agree more: don't get me wrong, I absolutely love action and great fight sequences, but some of my favorite films of all time are dramas - why such an amp in action? I would love seeing 47 sneak around, fiber wiring his targets en route to his main target. Suppressed sniper rifles, suppressed Ballers. Granted, there are many times where I'm spotted in the 'Hitman' games and I go out guns blazing, but I absolutely love keeping things stealthy.

I fear 'Splinter Cell' will go down the road of complete action, and we won't get something that was enjoyable in the Ironside days.

By the way, you have to check out that 'Hitman HD Trilogy.' It's as wonderful as I remember.
    Murdock wrote:

Wow! I'd watch it
  • I thought the 2007 version did a decent job of combining the fundamentals of the games with the Hollywood formula. Sure you had some shootouts, but there was still some stealth in there. I would've liked to see more disguises though. I didn't like the "love interest" thing, but she seemed to at least be loosely based on Mei Ling (the Hong Kong girl who was forced into prostitution that you can rescue in the game in exchange for info on your target). And the idea of killing a family member to lure your target out into the open was right out of Silent Assassin (Tracking Hayamoto). I guess the main thing I want is for 47 to stay in character (namely he shouldn't smoke, get drunk, or laid. Lol.)

@Creasy: Yes, the trilogy is amazing. I just beat The Meat King's Party like an hour ago.

And @QsAssistant: 47 is not ugly! [-X He's just... uhm... not conventionally attractive. Well I find him handsome...
    @jackdagger, nice to see someone who agrees. I beat 'Silent Assassin' the other day on Normal, and I stopped earlier on Normal difficulty on Contracts' mission Traditions of the Trade - my favorite in the series. After I beat that, I'm going to try and beat both games on Professional difficulty.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I couldn't agree more: don't get me wrong, I absolutely love action and great fight sequences, but some of my favorite films of all time are dramas - why such an amp in action? I would love seeing 47 sneak around, fiber wiring his targets en route to his main target. Suppressed sniper rifles, suppressed Ballers. Granted, there are many times where I'm spotted in the 'Hitman' games and I go out guns blazing, but I absolutely love keeping things stealthy.

I fear 'Splinter Cell' will go down the road of complete action, and we won't get something that was enjoyable in the Ironside days.

By the way, you have to check out that 'Hitman HD Trilogy.' It's as wonderful as I remember.

I think Skyfall had just that, @Creasy47: A great thriller without going too all out on the action.

@jackdagger, doesn't 47 turn down the woman's (Olga's character) sexual advances? I can't remember too well.

And yes, I know: I will get the HD trilogy sometime in the future. Sleeping Dogs has me more than content on weekends, great, great game. :D
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, exactly, and I'm sure that's why some people found it 'dull' and 'boring.' God forbid everything they release these days be exactly like a Michael Bay film.

As for the 'Hitman' question, she climbs on top of him and he knocks her out with a syringe needle of some sort. They never have sex or anything.

Have you purchased any of the content for 'Sleeping Dogs' yet?
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, exactly, and I'm sure that's why some people found it 'dull' and 'boring.' God forbid everything they release these days be exactly like a Michael Bay film.

As for the 'Hitman' question, she climbs on top of him and he knocks her out with a syringe needle of some sort. They never have sex or anything.

Have you purchased any of the content for 'Sleeping Dogs' yet?

I thought that was how it went happened in Hitman. At least they were that true to Hitman if nothing else.

As for Sleeping Dogs, boy have I! I have most of the main packs and missions that come with them, but I haven't gotten the Zodiac Tournament DLC because it is apparently only 30 minutes of content. The DLC I got is pretty cool, one being a martial arts pack that gives you combat boosts and other packs give you clothing or perks that make you stronger or more effective in the game. There are missions that unlock for most packs that you can go back to and play time and time again, and they are super fun. One has you shooting at Triad while in police gear, the other vice versa. There is even ones that are combat centered where you fight off Triad enemies with a golden cleaver and your fists, and the other you fight Shaolin monks at a temple! I spent hours one morning just fighting at the temple and got close to 400 kills before I was too tired to go on, haha. As I said, the game is super fun and I love the combat. All the collectibles in the game actually mean something to your progress be it perks or upgrades in melee combat to the point that you are an unstoppable killing machine. It is always fun and you can always win money, especially through awesome fight clubs where you show off your skills by smashing waves upon waves of baddies. The highest paying fight club gets you 50 grand and I love the combat so much I keep replaying the waves and get cash like you wouldn't believe. Though there are bugs that have made me have to start a new game, the experience is just as fun as before and it was partly my fault anyway. The game froze when I went back to replay a mission (after I beat the campaign) and I restarted the game to find that my progress in the game completion saved (as far as perks and upgrades), but the campaign missions and side missions all reset themselves for some reason. I played that save for a while until I wanted to play the campaign again, so I started a new game without reading the screen before pressing okay. The issue was that a new game can only be played (I guess) in the autosave slot, and I hadn't backed up my past save in any other slot and it got erased because of it. I should have read the text on the screen before continuing, but oh well. So in the new game I am playing I have it saved in both the autosave slot and a secondary regular save slot in case things cock up again. All that aside it is no big deal as I have basically all the collectibles and perks I had previously, and now I know that I have the game backed up twice if something goes wrong again. Like I said, the game is a fun ride, and so polished for a sandbox game with the best open world driving, fighting and movement controls I have ever handled. It is definitely a worthwhile purchase if you are ever enticed to throw some money at it.
    Whew! Sounds amazing. I know when I finally get around to it, I should have some extra content because I have save content on my hard drive from Square Enix's 'Just Cause II.' I think a few outfits will be waiting for me or something? I can't wait.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Whew! Sounds amazing. I know when I finally get around to it, I should have some extra content because I have save content on my hard drive from Square Enix's 'Just Cause II.' I think a few outfits will be waiting for me or something? I can't wait.
    Yes, if you have a save file in Just Cause II you get Rico's outfit automatically. I downloaded the Square Enix DLC for the game which gave me that costume, Adam Jensen's suit and Agent 47's suit (barcode included)! With each suit you get a special gun while in the outfit. When you are dressed as 47 you get a silenced pistol. :D
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that's very cool. Does the suppressed pistol make a difference in the game in terms of notoriety/stealth?
    Murdock wrote:

I wouln't, but that's a given.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    @jackdagger, nice to see someone who agrees. I beat 'Silent Assassin' the other day on Normal, and I stopped earlier on Normal difficulty on Contracts' mission Traditions of the Trade - my favorite in the series. After I beat that, I'm going to try and beat both games on Professional difficulty.

Yes, I am loving the trilogy! I beat Silent Assassin on normal as well and am just onto Contracts. I don't think I'd ever attempt Silent Assassin on a harder setting. I really suck at that game for some reason. I'm much better at Contracts. And Traditions of the Trade is one of my favorite missions, I can't wait to get to it.
    Also, did you get the artbook as well? It was a great bonus to be included with the set.

• AliAli
    Yes, if you have a save file in Just Cause II you get Rico's outfit automatically. I downloaded the Square Enix DLC for the game which gave me that costume, Adam Jensen's suit and Agent 47's suit (barcode included)! With each suit you get a special gun while in the outfit. When you are dressed as 47 you get a silenced pistol. :D

In Sleeping Dogs? Superb! I just got this for free on Playstation Plus (that service is the best £39.99 I've ever spent in gaming, getting silly how much stuff I've got. I've managed to fill a 500Gb hard drive and then some!). Will give it a shot later.

As for Walker as 47. I'm still laughing! Next they'll be casting Keanu Reeves as Master Chief and Brad Pit as Profit in Crysis (there's a game series that needs an action movie!).

Murdock wrote:

God that is creep! 8-X
    @jackdagger, that I did, and it's a big reason why I don't want to trade this game in: the artbook is embedded in the case. It's amazing.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that's very cool. Does the suppressed pistol make a difference in the game in terms of notoriety/stealth?

Not that I can tell, but it makes your kills less noticeable, so no cops chase you. At least in my experience.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Wonder if they'll still film this now?