Hitman: Agent 47 (2015)

edited October 2014 in General Movies & TV Posts: 669
Everyone knows that David Bateson portrayed Agent 47 from the start (Hitman: Codename 47 in 2000) and up until now, he never resigned from the role. In 2007, a film adaptation of Hitman was released, which itself was an insult to the video game franchise. Having Timothy Oliphant in the role was definitely wrong. Nobody can play Agent 47 other than Agent 47 himself, which is also known as David Bateson. I'd suggest that they should start making the right decisions, because, at first, it wouldn't be "hitman" without Mr. Bateson who was the inspiration for the character of Agent 47.

Comments

• oo7oo7
    I'd like to see Bateson come on board in a role for bond 24
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I could see it:

tumblr_m9h5gic8rA1rn4obco1_1280.jpg
  • Nice pic, Brady. So, you agree?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JamesBond wrote:
    Nice pic, Brady. So, you agree?

Wholeheartedly. Would you recommend Absolution? You seem like a knowledgable Hitman fan.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 669
    I'm gonna get a copy of that game. Ohh, thanks.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Absolution is awesome!
    Completed it in 2 days just to get a feel for the game. The gameplay is phenomenal but playing the game on purist is just mercilessly unforgiving. Highly recommend getting it.
  • It's a Hitman game, can't be disliked.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Just saw the trailer to the new Alex Cross film. Matthew Fox looks awesome and psychotic in it and looks like he could be an awesome agent 47.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I happened to like Timothy Olyphant in the role of Agent 47. I think he did his best with it. No, what I'd like to see them do is to "Max Payne it". Max Payne (in the games) is played by James McCaffery. In the film, he was played by Mark Wahlberg. James McCaffery played a small role as a cop in the film. They should do the same with David Bateson.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Absolution' is totally different than the past Hitman games, in a bad way. Read my review on it over in the Upcoming Games thread.

As for Bateson, I would happily welcome him as Agent 47 in Hitman 2. Olyphant was great, but Bateson and his voice cannot be beaten.
  • I totally disagree with you, @Agent007391. Both MP and HM films sucked.

Agreed, @Creasy47.
  • I'm am perhaps in a position not found with most on here in that I've seen the movie Hitman but have never to date played any of the video games. I really enjoyed the movie and enjoyed the performance of the guy in it. So to all you Hitman gamers who feel the movie sucked, can you explain the differences and also recommend which Hit Man video game to start with? Is there an ongoing story arch? I've got a PS3 and X-Box 360 but also still have the older PS2 for older generation games. Recommendations?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Is there any info on this new movie? I heard some stuff last year but I assumed it was canceled.
  • It's still in development, currently. But, they should fire Oliphant and hire Bateson.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    JamesBond wrote:
    I totally disagree with you, @Agent007391. Both MP and HM films sucked.

Never said I liked either film. The Max Payne film was a sh*t stain on the name Max Payne, and I was never a Hitman fan, but the film was nothing like the games. Mark Wahlberg sucked in the role of Max Payne, but I thought Timothy Olyphant did a good job.
  • Well, both of them sucked anyway. Hitman should be played like a shadowy monk with a wise man's behaviour, not some The Matrix type action hero where he flies and shoots people in slow motion.
  • I'm a huge Hitman fan, and I love Bateson's voice, but he is not an actor, he is a voice actor. Putting him in the title role would be a very silly move.
    (I thought Olyphant didn't fit the role either, but I accepted it because well, he's eye candy. Go ahead, call me shallow... :-@)

Haven't played Absolution yet but I'm dying to.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited November 2012 Posts: 16,331
    The Hitman movie is a generic action movie that was made to appeal to the masses with a few references to the games thrown in.

The Games are stealth based or action depending on how you like to play it. But it's main focus is stealth kills.

Agent 47 is also a clone with combined DNA of several criminals (mainly European decent) where as in the movie he was just a kidnapped American boy raised to be an assassin.

The movie is okay but it's another game based movie that fails to properly adapt it's source material.

Absolution was terrible. It's just another great game series that was succumbed to being nothing more than a bad Arkham City ripoff with Quick Time Events thrown in. It's sad as Hitman was one of the best gaming franchises ever.
    Come to think of it, the 'Hitman' film starring Olyphant mirrors 'Absolution' in the fact that it was nowhere near the same formula as the previous installments. Shame, really.
  • @jackdagger

tell me if he's bad.
    He looks a lot more like Agent 47 than Olyphant did, I think.
  • Because 47 uses his likeness, not to mention, the voice as well.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 498
    @JamesBond: Let me rephrase- I'm not saying Bateson can't act, I'm just saying that a studio wouldn't risk hiring someone who's relatively unknown, except to hardcore Hitman fans (and face it, we'd see the movie regardless). I just don't see it happening, though it would be cool.
  • All they need to do for Bateson is darken his eyebrows. The rest is fine. He IS 47.

I did enjoy the movie, however. It was mostly Fox's fault the movie was below expectations. I've read the screeenplay, and they forced a lot of it out, including a flashback to a contract based on "The Meat King's Party". And they also apparently denied Xavier Gens the final cut of the movie.

BTW, I'm on my second playthrough of Absolution already. I don't get the mixed reviews. They're obviously going for a more story-driven game like Silent Assassin was, and I am enjoying the talent involved, like Keith Carradine, Jon Gries and Powers Boothe.
  • Well, Hitman without David Bateson can't be Hitman.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 1,143
    JamesBond wrote:
    Well, Hitman without David Bateson can't be Hitman.

That's like saying Bond without Connery can't be Bond.
    I don't understand why they didn't get James McCaffery for Max Payne. He acts, but because he is not as marketable like Mark, I see why things went the way they did, unfortunately. But If I am going to hear a man complain all day about how horrible life in general is, I want it to be McCaffery.
  • Well McCaffery did end up being the model, voice and mocap for Max Payne 3. So we kind of got what we wanted with him in a full acting role this time.
    McCaffery also gave Wahlberg pointers on how to be Max Payne, but I'm not sure if he followed them or not.
    McCaffery also gave Wahlberg pointers on how to be Max Payne, but I'm not sure if he followed them or not.

I think not.